Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are Dabs.ie like recently?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dabs Manager

Hi Mukki

Sorry for the delay in response.

I will request this from the delivery team, however the number may not be allowed to be printed, for your own data protection.

Allowing the delivery guys know your number is a great idea, we just need to see how to pass it through the systems.

Larry

Hi Hugh,

I am trying to improve 3 things on dabs.ie and dabs4work.ie:

1. Credit and security turn-around time
    2. Delivery issues
    3. Customer Service

1. Historically there has been stringent security checking on dabs and this has forced orders to be manually checked.

The speed and accuracy of these checks is improving, we have introduced a faster turn-around service. Since mid-March credit vetting has improved and we will reply to all requests within 2 days.
    If you have not received a prompt response please post here and I will escalate it. Alternatively please contact csmanager@dabs.com.

2. Today orders are either sent via Royal Mail or Parcelforce from the UK. Once they arrive in Ireland An Post, or GLS will deliver.
    Should you have any issues with delivery, please contact:

GLS are contactable on: http://www.gls-ireland.com/en/home/index.html or by phone on: 01-866200

GLS tracking: http://www.gls-group.eu/276-I-PORTAL-WEB/content/GLS/IE01/EN/5004.htm

We are also actively seeking new delivery partners to improve this service.

3. Customer Service

As with Credit checking we have improved customer service via our web-chat and hope to introduce a direct service number for our dabs4work.ie sites.
    Again, please post here if you are not receiving good service and I will action it, or contact csmanager@dabs.com.

Best wishes,

Larry,

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

Do dabs operate registered post?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Everything I have ordered has been delivered by courier and signed for on delivery.

I still have nothing but praise for Dabs.ie.
    My last order was very quick and an RMA only took just over a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

askU wrote: »
    Do dabs operate registered post?

no pracelforce for most things, ups for more expensive/delicate stuff... ie monitors

agree with kleefarr, they are 100%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ulic3190

I read this tread before ordering from dabs.ie and was in doubt.

I had tried to order from them last year and due to problems with them then went to komplett.ie instead.

However I went ahead with the dabs.ie order, in fact I made three separate orders. They did run a credit check with me which was the simple matter of replying to an email, after that each order went through smoothly and they have been amazing.

I have no qualms about giving them my highest recommendation!

Regards,
    Ulic

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

I read the boards dabs threads so was wary of the time spent on the security checking but I did the verified by visa, payed by paypal and had no checks to contend with. It was shipped via UPS from the UK and I had it within a couple of days, nothing but praise for them from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭antomack

Hi Dabs manager,
    Just wondering if there are any plans to facilitate the selling of items affected by PRF into Ireland, mainly in relation to televisions, etc. which are available at very good prices on your dabs.com site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

I registered with dabs.ie, placed an order, and received an email asking for:
    The address to which your credit/debit card is registered exactly as shown on your statement

Your landline telephone number and a daytime contact telephone number.

Full confirmation of the delivery address including recipients name, company name if applicable and relationship with this address.

My delivery address & cc billing address is the same, matches the address on my cc statements and has been entered accurately on their website (double-checked) along with my landline and daytime numbers. My card is in the Verified by Visa scheme. I replied confirming the details and now they say they require proof of my address in the form of a BANK STATEMENT :eek:

The email did not even come from dabs.ie but from some third party I never heard of called instantservice.com?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just brough a big fat scanner off them without any trouble. Order placed Friday arrived today from UK depot.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Hi Antomack,

We are working on adding all remaining WEEE categories that require PRF 3-part pricing.

Hope to add TVs next month,

Cheers,

Larry

Larry,

If YOU ordered something in good faith from an online store using the "Verified by Visa" system and received in response a nonsense query about your correctly entered address, followed by a request for a copy of your BANK STATEMENT from an unknown third party claiming to be the store, what would YOU do?

Just curious.

Hi Snowbat,

I agree with you, I would take the same cautious approach.
    I need to find out what's going on, also.

Sorry I will be on leave for the next 2 weeks and will sort this out when I return.

Thanks,

Larry

Instantservice.com (the mysterious company based in Seattle, USA claiming to be "Dabs CS Webaccounts ie") were not satisfied with a bank statement with my account number and transactions redacted - they want to to see my bank account details :eek: This is FAR BEYOND the information reasonably needed to process a Visa transaction and raises all kinds of privacy and data protection concerns. I cancelled the order - Komplett got the business instead.

Purchased numerous times this year...

Had no problems, and I would do again..

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭joe_elway

You can read about my experience here: http://joeelway.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2095EAC3772C41DB!862.entry

... entitled Lacie and Dabs.ie SUCK!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Daydreamer2105

Hi there, i recently have an issue with dabs where i sent my payment to them 1st july and it was accepted by them i sent my payment through paypal and the payment has already been taken from my credit card and dabs have received it, I work for paypal myself so i can say for sure theres no problem with the payment from that side, since the payment is 100% completed,m yet they keep saying they didnt receive my payment, i now contacted paypal and they have sent them confirmation the the payment was authorized to dabs.ie
    im just wondering did anyone have this problem before, i was onto the dabs chat 3 times and they were really unhalpful and rude, they sort of reprocessed my payment twice yet it didnt work, i am waiting for the item for 3 weeks now, and am really getting angry now, asked them for a partial refund as courtesy they said no, anyone know what i can do, i need the router i ordered but the service am getting is unbelievable bad, they keep saying they didnt receive my money although it is with them, i will contact them again now, if anyone knows where i could complain to about this issue, some consumer agency or something or who dabs is regulated by that be great, will keep u updated on what happens next

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Daydreamer2105

got onto them again since the order was still awaiting processing, spoke to agent this and that and he told me the issue has to be forwarded to their internal support team since they dont seem to be able to recognize my payment in their system, since i am waiting 3 weeks i was a bt upset that they couldnt resolve it straight away, asked a refund of the shipping costs as a gesture of good will, spoke to supervisor and he authorized the refund, will wait 2 days (thats how long the review of the payment takes) and contact them again after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Does anyone know how to track with GLS using the parcel force tracking number? I placed an order for a college last week. Order shipped Thursday and was at the international hub on Friday, beyond that, Parcelforce have no more info. It should be here by now. I'm getting it delivered to work too, so should be no problem with missing a delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

jor el wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to track with GLS using the parcel force tracking number? I placed an order for a college last week. Order shipped Thursday and was at the international hub on Friday, beyond that, Parcelforce have no more info. It should be here by now. I'm getting it delivered to work too, so should be no problem with missing a delivery.

Gls, they use a different tracking number. If you contact Parcel force they can tell you it, allowing you to contact GLS and find out what is going on. Just had to do the same myself. Took about a day to get a email back from Parcel force, I used the online enquiry on the status page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Shayanzadeh

I have mixed experiences with dabs.

My very first order was back in late december.I ordered an ipod, was my first time on the site, i went trough the security check for a few days,then i cancelled my order and placed it again, it was a real pain and eventually it was completed.The ipod came safe and rather fast.The only problem was that they dont provide you with the tacking number. I had to go to the chat service and they told me the status :rolleyes:

My second order was a month ago when i ordered a G5 mouse.This time i used paypal rather then my visa. The security check was rather quick (2 days). I felt like when i chat to the person and told them, then the checked my order and the next day it was completed. The shipping on the other hand was rather slow by a few days then i expected :(

My most recent order was a 8800gts and psu. This was paid with paypal too. The security check was there for 4 days. Then like i said, when i chatted to one of the people they told me it would be checked between 10am and 2pm. At 4pm i see it is completted and at 9 has been shipped.:D

I dont know to say if their service is bad or good. Its deffinitly cheap tough !

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eggman99

i ordered mp3 player on friday and received the following tuesday in ireland, saved €50 rather than buying it in argos - good delivery, good price. v happy with them so far - i think you only have to do the security clearance once with paypal then your set up all the time as i bought something else today and it accepted payment instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eggman99

happy with price and delivery ordered friday received tuesday in ireland. happy with them so far. in terms of payment clearance i just did it the once with paypal and now i can order straight and pay straight away - so all good

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

Ordered a graphics card on Thursday 11th. Order was shown on the website as being despatched then a couple of hours later shipped. Still haven't received it. They advertise delivery in 1-3 days on their website and charge €12.60 for it but told me via e-mail my order was sent via royal mail which may take 28 days :eek: Not very impressed to say the least. Although pricewise happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Thats not a problem with Dabs.ie
    Royal Mail are having serious issues with delivering mail outside the UK. Its taking a minimum of 2 weeks for any packages to be delivered to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I wouldn't buy a pencil off them.

Really bad customer service and automated 'help' lines.

I generally use uk.insight.com instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maxim

Wish I'd seen this thread earlier! Hubby ordered a 1tb external drive from them 3 weeks ago, paid via Paypal for speed etc as his own external drive was on its last legs and he needed a replacement fast!! For over a week the site labelled his order as "awaiting processing". He sent numerous emails, tried ringing them, Never any reply. The final straw came when something he ordered from America on the same day arrived in the post and still no contact from Dabs. In desperation he cancelled the order, ordered the same article from Komplett, and was up and running in 2 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

ongarite wrote: »
    Thats not a problem with Dabs.ie
    Royal Mail are having serious issues with delivering mail outside the UK. Its taking a minimum of 2 weeks for any packages to be delivered to Ireland.

Haven't noticed anything odd about amazon.co.uk orders lately.
    One order a couple of weeks back took an extra day or so ,nothing out of the ordinary though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

311 wrote: »
    Haven't noticed anything odd about amazon.co.uk orders lately.
    One order a couple of weeks back took an extra day or so ,nothing out of the ordinary though.

See this thread.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055376510

Post originating from mainland UK is seeing big delays. Dunno where Amazon UK ship from, could be Jersey like Play.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ongarite wrote: »
    Post originating from mainland UK is seeing big delays. Dunno where Amazon UK ship from, could be Jersey like Play.com

I think it is.

I just got a battery from an eBay seller today which was posted in Jersey, it took about a week, so no delays from there.

Advertisement