Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst place to live in ireland

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Cork is a sh1thole populated by culshies with a self important air about them but yet not capable of organising a p1ssup in a brewery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I live in Mahon now, and have for my entire life, A sh1tload of houses are now private.

Upwards of 1000 residents are in Private Property.

So private houses equal nice areas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Offaly. Nass aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 xword

Roosky. Nowhere worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭Heckler

Cork is a sh1thole populated by culshies with a self important air about them but yet not capable of organising a p1ssup in a brewery.

Please share with us where you live so we can offer an unbiased opinion :pac:

Yes I am from Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 dtwhaler

Has to be Moate. Place is caught in a fkn timewarp ! No gas ... electricity constantly cutting out .......... cant walk up the town without choking on the smoke coming from all the hicks burning their rubbish in their ranges.
    Its full of fkn backwards hillbilly's who are a law unto themselves ..... they've got no idea about the rules of the road. They stop when and where they like, without warning. Then leave it treble parked there cos they've got their indicators on so its ok........ and anyway, they're only popping into three or four shops.
    As for the shops ...... the majority of the people working in them like Supervalue, other shops or petrol stations are ignorant cnuts unless they've known you since you were a child. Chatting away to the dottery auld bint in front of you ..... never mind the big queue forming. They would happily stop in the middle of serving you to have a chat with one of their thick culchie friends about de bog or de weather or de big new road dat bypasses de town. Its like ..... heellloooooo I''ve got to get out of here and back to the real world that has progressed into the 21st century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Heckler wrote: »
    Please share with us where you live so we can offer an unbiased opinion :pac:

Yes I am from Cork.
    Garden County, wicklow. Beaut scenery, beaches , commutable to Dublin by Train. Yes! Corkculchie, train, without steam engine.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Thats cos they closed down all the breweries.
    Feckin recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

worst place in ireland??

thats easy......its the Morbid Midlands

including Baracks ol'place.....Moneygall (god help him if he ever decides to visit the kip)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

phasers wrote: »
    Leitrim

you have lost the plot.... best place to live in by far :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

CamperMan wrote: »
    you have lost the plot.... best place to live in by far :)

Prove it exists and I'll agree with you

a halting site... that has to be the worst place to live in Ireland.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

a halting site... that has to be the worst place to live in Ireland.....

yes.......a halting site in Leitrim

fryup wrote: »
    yes.......a halting site in Leitrim

OK... that halting site in Leitrim is a proper toilet and really does spoil the beauty of the county.... I have lived in the following counties, Sligo, Westmeath, Mayo, Wexford and Leitrim.... prefer Leitrim any day and thats why I moved back.... and no, not to the halting site :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

OK... that halting site in Leitrim is a proper toilet and really does spoil the beauty of the county.... I have lived in the following counties, Sligo, Westmeath, Mayo, Wexford and Leitrim.... prefer Leitrim any day and thats why I moved back.... and no, not to the halting site :D

Why Leitrim? What's it got that nowhere else hasn't?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Why Leitrim? What's it got that nowhere else hasn't?

plenty of lakes for kayaking.. quiet roads for walking & cycling... small population... just the way I like it..... :)

plenty of lakes for kayaking.. quiet roads for walking & cycling... small population... just the way I like it..... :)

Hmmm... I can see why it appeals, but most counties have similar. Wicklow and Kerry off the top of my head.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Hmmm... I can see why it appeals, but most counties have similar. Wicklow and Kerry off the top of my head.

OK... with Leitrim you have several counties surrounding you, your not far from the border.... Kerry???, fu*k all there, if you get bored and want to go for a drive within a 30 mile radius, where do you go, same with Wicklow

OK... with Leitrim you have several counties surrounding you, your not far from the border.... Kerry???, fu*k all there, if you get bored and want to go for a drive within a 30 mile radius, where do you go, same with Wicklow

Don't drive:D

One of the things I didn't like about Ireland was the similiarity. You have Dublin, and not Dublin. Different, not nessecarily bad or better than the other, but lacking in variety.

And they fact I was ****ed because I didn;t drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Does Templemore in Co. Tipp not win automatically. as well as being a crap backwater town; it also has the police training college.
    a double whammy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 LikePlace

That's according to www.likeplace.ie.

The worst place in Ireland is Newbridge, Kildare with 5 ratings. Limerick City (surprise) is a close second with 4 dodgy ratings.

There are a few other contenders, including:
    Incidentally, the best place to live in Ireland is Ballinteer, Dublin 16. (But that can change day to day.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Anywhere outside Dublin!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Skellig Mhicil surely.... I mean it's breath-takingly beautiful but those beehive huts don't seem very comfortable.

Other than that; Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

south-tipp :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

south-tipp :mad::mad::mad:

calling your own home a shíthole...hmmm...maybe if you werent such a dick to other people they would be nicer to you and therefore you would like the place better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

callaway92 wrote: »
    calling your own home a shíthole...hmmm...maybe if you werent such a dick to other people they would be nicer to you and therefore you would like the place better
    no because there is noting in it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Banned.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Banned.
    Edit:
    Terry wins.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement