Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your most painful piercing?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

you just *want* people to hate you, don't you? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

STOPPITSTOPPITSTOPPITSTOPPIT

*covers ears*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

My tragus was a bitch. I got it straight after this other random cartilage piercing I wanted. I can't remember the name that was made up for it. But my god it was not fun! I bled a bit too. Never bled from any other piercing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Attol, I think your cartilage was called a vertical helical ridge. Or an outer conch dealie, in the vernacular. That tragus bled rather a lot, it was all the way down to your neck!

I think my worst was my right nipple - it was second, and by golly it was interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i have a lot of piercings and by far the worst was my navel or anti navel.never ever again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

I found my anti-tragus the most painful piercing out of the 25, def brought tears to my eyes :) closely followed by the double nostril...far worse than my septum :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Purple Person

I've had a fair few piercings, by my count I have almost 50 at the moment, (7 industrials, 13 other ear piercings, 4 nipple piercings (2 verticals done myself for training purposes) 6 surface piercings, septum, 2 nostril, 2 lip, earle, 4 navel, 3 genital piercings I did myself when I was training and a bunch of other stuff) but the worst thing I ever experienced was stretching my daith from 3.2mm to 4mm. That was the worst pain in relation to piercing. It ached for about a month, everytime I had a cup of tea or something to eat I felt it. even though it was a healed piercing I couldn't stand anything near my ear even slightly brushing against it. I was an anti-christ for the whole time. Not looking forward to going to 5mm. Stretching cartiledge sucks!
    My boyfriend went through the whole PA trouble thing, a few days after getting it done he drank a 2 litre bottle of club lemon,:eek: he said pissing razor blades is an understatement!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Original_Sin

I have a new painful piercing to add to my list now, a nostrallang, like a nasallang but instead of passing through the cartlidge it passes though a pre-stretched septum! Having both nostrals pierced in one sitting then have the jewellery maniplulated to fit into said piercings and said stretching was sooooo not a nice experience:(!

I would sooner sit through 3 septum piercings than sit through that again, does look uber cool tho:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

You really have to post some pictures of your mods...

I'll post a pic once i have the bar downsized an the swelling has gone, its a bit of a monster bar just now, got like 5mm of play on either side for the swelling, plus my poor nose is all bruised an unhappy looking just now:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

your septum was stretched already though right?

Yeah it was, but i got my nostrals pierced about 5mm higher than the highest point of my septum, the jewellery was bent to allow for that but it still took a bit of brute force an ignorance to get it to line up with both sides

who did it for ya?

yowch!

ha, i started taping my septum for stretching last night, nad found it sore.

pics should be good though :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I can't wait til I can wear a 6g pincher in my septum! haha.

Mark in V. piercing, he's done pretty much all of my piercings since i moved over here, deffo the best piercer ive used so far!!!:D

The trick when taping for a septum stretch is just to put enough tape on so's that it feels tight but doesnt give any resistance when you try put it back in!

gave a *little* resistance, but got in with relatively no pain. the time it fell out and took a half hour of me trying to figure out how the angle works to get it back in was much much worse.

gauge, was it you who said that every time you do something to your nose that you get a cold? cos... *sniff*...

i've got a cold :(

hehe, anyway how often should i be taping it up dye reckon? every 2-3 days? every week? i want to not put as much pressure on my nose as possible. pretty tired and run down at the mo and dont wana push my body too much at all.

Iwas re-taping every few days, but then i tend to a really fast healer and ive got propert elasticy skin, so that helps loads :D

I think your best bet would be to leave for a few days an see how it feels, if its moving freely then add a few more layers of tape, if not then just leave it for a few more days, you'll know yourself tho when its ready to stretch again

As for getting a cold after messing wiv your nose, well i'm in bits just now!!! i can barely touch my nose let alone blow it, it even hurts depending on what facial movments i make, you would never think your nose moves so much when you smile, scowl an laff :(

ive just started working with kids, most of which have snotty noses, so wasn't sure which it was. found my nose a bit tender today, though i have to confess, i used sellotape for it, and the ends are a bit sharp, and tender and stuff.

i think ill wait till i can either blow my nose painlessly, or don't have to blow my nose to have a go at it again.

ah. i went to see if i could easily slide the jewellery in and out as i could before i taped it up today.

took the jewellery out, but hte sellotape remained in the piercing.

ill buy some insulation tape tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Knee-Vee

OK. So I am practically metal free compared to some of you guys! I have 1 nostril, 2 in each lobe and the rim of one ear done (is there a name for that cartilagey bit just halfway down the ear, below the curve?)

The lobes hurt most while being pierced but then gave very little trouble.

The rim hurt but nothing unbearable (the sound freaked the hell out of me though) but has given the most trouble with healing, it's only stopped getting gungey daily in the last 2 weeks and I've had it since November. It's 2 or 3 weeks away from being perfect now though so I think it was worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Just got my septum stretched to 2.4mm from 1.6mm hurt nearly as bad as the original piercing. I want to get it upto 4 and I wish I had just punched it to that size initially instead of having to go through 3 stretches that are going to hurt.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

my nape, had to be done twice, he found scar tissue in the middle of me neck for some reason...we suspect its from my ex attacked me n bit the hell outta me...but yeah it ended up hurtin, my mate was in watchin n I suddenly seen her face drop, n she looked away, she later told me it was due to my neck suddenly spurting blood! Apparently Steve made a "Oh sh!t" face and just held a tissue over it till it stopped, me sittin there going "whatcha dooinn?!"

@ truthinwords: taping? i thought that was how you usually did it anyway?

i would make a valid contribution right now but well, im drunk mother ****ás

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

The septum and nipples were definitely the worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

@ truthinwords: taping? i thought that was how you usually did it anyway?

Yeah I'm getting it tapered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Definitly my vertical labret, which is now retired.

The pain was excruciatingly painful, made my body vibrate and it was really quite a shock. I don't know why it was so painful, maybe due to the fact that the piercer pierced both the entry, and exit points on the actual pink bit of my lip, so it was like a shallow surface piercing, or due to the fact that the clamps were too tight? Or maybe it was just the fact that it took her literally over 10 seconds to get the needle through. :rolleyes:

I will get it back though, this time through scar tissue baby!

More professional piercer = less painful piercing IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Got my left nipple done today, fucking hell!

Then again, that's my first non-ear one (6 in my left ear, 2 lobe & 4 rim, 1 in right conch)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 SplashBack

ah. i went to see if i could easily slide the jewellery in and out as i could before i taped it up today.

took the jewellery out, but hte sellotape remained in the piercing.

ill buy some insulation tape tomorrow...

Don't use sellotape, (though you know that now I guess) and also don't use insulation tape. Go get some PTFE aka Plumber's Tape in a hardware shop, there is no adhesive and it sticks to itself basically. It has no sharp edges either. :)

Advertisement