Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your most painful piercing?

Options
  • 14-01-2008 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

I think my scaffold is the worst so far,

what do you have and how sore was it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I've had my nape, 2 surface bars in my sternum, tounge, navel, and 11 in my ear (conch, rook, tragus & lobe) and my lobes are stretched to 8mm. But my most (and only) painful piercing was my vertical lip bar, just the exit really, was a killer, really shocked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Agree with Shelli, vertical labret was a mother****er of a piercing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ive ears, septum, labret, nape and used to have a nipple one done... didnt think the nape was that painful. it was kinda a pleasant sort of pain. nipple was sore, but i think the most overly unpleasant one was the septum. between the cotton buds and fingers up the nose, to the actual piercing, it was just one nasty sensation after another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 angry_badger

Would be a fight between top most hafada, venoms(due to the amount of swelling), uvula(cos of the length of time it took to do), labret or right nipple(but hurt a **** lot more 10 mins later when i caught it on my car door!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually broke a tear with that one, then threw up all over the car park!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

ive a few piercings, uhm nipples when i got em pierced originally were sore. getting my left one redone was more or less a cake-walk, narco was there too the 2nd time lol the perv :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Master-Decoy

have scaffold,tragus,lobes(not stretched),top of your ear type ones:P,snake bites and eyebrow,i reckon the scaffold gave me the most long term pain tho.just wouldnt heal!haha! its all gravy now tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

then threw up all over the car park!)

:eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

uvula

i'm going to have NIGHTMARES. i hate that bloody thing. mine got bruised by a breathing pipe when i got my appendix out and then i had to take toast with my antibiotics. toast is the pointiest food ever. so i particularly hate that thing. getting it pierced tho..... how nasty would that be!

funnily, i think that's more horrible than the scrote :S

i thought you said toast was the most pointless food ever, thankfully i read your reply again and calmed down :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

The two that hurt were my septum and smiley. The smiley the first time was fine but that tore and fell out and I had to get it repierced much higher up and that really hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Wilburt wrote: »
    i thought you said toast was the most pointless food ever

never! doorstep slices with melted butter = love.

but yes, they're pointy. coincidentally, it must feel weird swallowing stuff (yes, hilarious!) with a uvula piercing? and are you not constantly gagging?!

it must feel weird swallowing stuff (yes, hilarious!)

I'm gonna hold back on a smutty reply to that!

Ive had it done for nearly 5years now so no longer have a gag reflex! In the initial first few weeks of having it done tho, noodles were evil, they would catch on the ring an just dangle there, its a very strange feeling when you can feel something hanging a good 5or 6 inches down your throat!!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

The most painful piercing to actually get done was my third lip piercing. The needle got stuck against the clamp, and took ****in aaaages to be pushed through. As if that wasn't traumatic enough, the ring was too wide and the ball wouldn't fit in. So in a fantastic lapse of judgement, the piercer decided to stick a glove on a clamp, and tighten the ring a li'l... the clamp slipped onto my already quite traumatised bleeding bruised lip *shudders*

The most painful to heal was my tragus-through-conch scaffold. After about 4 years, it still hurts if I sleep on it dodgy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Mine was a three point vertical scaffold, really sucked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

uvula - oh dear god does that look sore... its kinda scared me a wee bit 2... eeep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 haff

Nipples, definately the nipples... Strangely they never presented much sensation until that moment the piercer slid that needle through them :eek:OWWWW... now they work better than their pre-piercing existence! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Badu

I've had my tounge, navel, lip and right nipple done. Only have the navel in now. The one that hurt the most was my nipple...not the actual piercing but when i caught it in the shower door and it was pulled through the hole intact, ouch. Not much of a scar and the sensation is still super so i was lucky.

ouch. Thankfully I haven't caught my nipple piercings on anything so far. When I got them done in Vegas it was mid summer, I came back to Phoenix and going inside to air conditioned buildings would do its thing on my nipples, having them change from going from hot outside to cold inside (jaysus me nipples are like bullets, lol) was not enjoyable as they healed but that was all...

Every now and then when I am really enjoying some food I accidentally bite down on my tongue piercing, that jars the whole inside of my skull. Keep forgetting to change out to plastic jewelery until the next time that happens. Cycling can be a bit awkward for the nether region piercings too. ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Getting my nostril repierced...I actually shouted "FFFFUUUUCCCCKKKK" in the middle of the parlour...damn that hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

i think im being scared off piercings hahaha and i never found em painful till i read the replies!!! :P

• Advertisement

lol.

Its ok to be scared, any pain from a piercing being done is fleeting, here then gone. Sliding a needle through any sensitive bit is going to hurt, theres no getting around that but its oh so worth it. Some barely even register on the pain scale and its different for everyone, we all have different pain thresholds... Before my nipples got their shiny bits they had no sensation in them at all my whole life, ever since the piercings I can feel my nipples under my t-shirt etc just by breathing and in a great way. It was like getting a nipple transplant, I'd do it again in a heart beat and any pain in the past from any mod was worth it, certainly hasn't put me or a lot of other people off getting pierced.

Nipples for Taoiseach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

hmm the most painful long term was my tongue because it swelled alot and i couldnt eat much so i was really hungry and can never look at mushroom soup again.

the the most painful at the time would be the orbital because he had to move my already pierced ear around a bit to get to the second bit so it was kinda painful.

creepiest was my anti-tragus because there was this whole rusty door squeaking in a horror movie sound when the needle was going through the cartilage.

easiest was my transverse lobe.

most of my cartilage piercings didnt hurt to sleep on after the first night and the only one i have had any problems with is my anti-tragus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

The guy who did my nape said I had the toughest neck skin he'd ever pierced and that for a second he wasn't sure if he was going to get the needle through or not.. I only winced for a second for that one though. When I got my ear pierced a year or two later I roared the place down and wouldn't let the guy do the other one, even though the needle just slipped through like it was going through butter it was mad painful.

So yeah. My ear. Ouch.

Oh, ive just come in mind to another that hurt like a bitch!!!!!

The bit between the tragus and anti tragus, it doesnt look much but with my ear there is a good 4-5mm of cart in there, my piercer told me afterwards that she struggled to get the needle through, something i had already realised due to the time it took her to push said needle through!!!!!!!

Oh, ive just come in mind to another that hurt like a bitch!!!!!

The bit between the tragus and anti tragus, it doesnt look much but with my ear there is a good 4-5mm of cart in there, my piercer told me afterwards that she struggled to get the needle through, something i had already realised due to the time it took her to push said needle through!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

Out of all of them, the only piercing I ever cried out during was my apadravya. Hurt like hell just as the needle went through but was fine a few minutes later. Sore fcukin thing!

mine wasnt too bad :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yours wasn't even done right ;)

*whimpers* very true, considering taking it out and getting it redoen tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Getting a four point industrial and frowny all in one day has to have been the icing on the cake for me.
    Frowny - No bother
    Industrail - not what i expected at all. It wasn't that painful getting it done, but my god, healing it afterwards was the most annoying experience of my life, and sleeping, grrr. Still annoying sometimes to this day.

Advertisement