Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very severe weather warning(wind and snow)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

(ok here goes) my first post so forgive the ramblings of an amateur quite a lot of wet snow around my area(500ft asl )tue night but very little stuck,went for a quick spin to viewing park outside tralee this morn . foleys glen on slieve mish mountain and about 1000 ft asl.roads fine till last km and then full stop ,road gets quite steep at this point and covered with compacted ice/slush so i walked this section ,5 cars on tralee side stuck at various points from here on and going nowhere.nice covering of snow at the top , in fact all the hilltops/mountains in kerry above 1000ft were white, further traffic stuck on the castlemaine side .on my way back down met a smiling farmer with 4x4 tractor on his way up ,i would think his most profitable day in about 3 years .................apologies if off topic or on wrong thread..............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Saw this as I flew in to Shannon today, tried to take pics but they didnt really come out. Above the snow line got a good amount of snow it seemed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

From one extreme to another, seems Meteoalarm has gone a little crazy :rolleyes:

http://www.meteoalarm.eu/countryGB.asp?Country=GB&lang=EN&ShowDate=

Extreme high temperature warning?! :eek::p

Valid from 09.01.2008 21:00:00 CET Until 11.01.2008 21:00:00 CET
    Extreme high temperature

Again, its very political, stays within the UK :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

From one extreme to another, seems Meteoalarm has gone a little crazy :rolleyes:

http://www.meteoalarm.eu/countryGB.asp?Country=GB&lang=EN&ShowDate=

Extreme high temperature warning?! :eek::p

Valid from 09.01.2008 21:00:00 CET Until 11.01.2008 21:00:00 CET
    Extreme high temperature

Again, its very political, stays within the UK :D

LOL! Nice to see our EU Tax money being used efficiently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

LMAO. Now where's that sun tan lotion and beach towel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Was there significant snow in Tallaght area yesterday. According to Irish Independent there was. See pic

Neil Purdy gets in some snowboarding in the heavy snow at Kilakee,Tallaght, in Dublin yesterday

Killakee isn't really Tallaght,It's up past johnny foxes or thereabouts.
    It would be on very high ground anyhow.

Kippure or one of the other posters will tell you exactly where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

ongarboy wrote: »
    Was there significant snow in Tallaght area yesterday. According to Irish Independent there was. See pic

Neil Purdy gets in some snowboarding in the heavy snow at Kilakee,Tallaght, in Dublin yesterday

Killakee is a 500+m hill sort of behind the Hell Fire Club.

If you read post 90 above by Longfield, the road between Roundwood and Kilmacanogue was impassable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

Mothman wrote: »
    Killakee is a 500+m hill sort of behind the Hell Fire Club.

If you read post 90 above by Longfield, the road between Roundwood and Kilmacanogue was impassable.

I got through at seven am. Nearly everyone was turning back, but the worst bit was actually Calary before the descent at the long hill. Once past the bad bend on the long hill it was absolutely fine. A few cars got through before me as well.

Advertisement