Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Slattsy wrote: »
    Well generally tips ain't gonna be for the favourite.
    Doesn't matter now anyway lol

hmmm..
    Tell you what, if I got a tip every day at 10/3 that came in with a nice strike rate, I'd be on it like flies on sh1te :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ha ha true but I'd prefer if the fav was a 5/4 shot lol

Gonna bump this up a bit.
    Someone gave a tip for Son of May a few weeks ago, backed from big odds to 6/1 and came third. I thought after the race the horse wanted further.
    Happened to be in the bookies for the last at Southwell today and it was running over 6f again and more money down, backed into 6/1 from 12s I think. Stayed on to finish a close 4th.
    This horse wants at least 7f so keep an eye out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

That was me thanks Slattsy....I also taught it needed a longer trip. Is there any service like in Irish racing that tells you when a horse is running??

I don't use the service myself but one of the other lads said IrishRacing.com has a good horse tracker.
    Must start following it mind you.

• Advertisement

Ya I used that for a couple of horse's but I think will only tell you about Irish races and not English one's.

Just watched the race on attheraces and the horse was coming at the end again. It will be very interesting next time out again.

Yeah def but I've a feeling it might not be a huge price as anyone can see the horse is crying out for a longer trip.
    I was hoping after the last run his next would be over 7 but they didn't do it. I just hope the stable haven't missed out on a big pay day after todays run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Gudede it definitely does English races too. I've been using it for years

Cheers UrbanSea....I'll be putting in a list of horse's into it tonight now :D I only ever put Irish based horse's in it and they never ran in England so I wasn't sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Tip Dreambrook Lady EW 12.40 Hereford.

Dreambrook Lady goes again tomorrow. 3.20 Huntingdon. Was 5/1 with 365 now into 11/4.(only firm that have the raced priced up yet) First run in a handicap. Should be on a workable mark off 87. Plus the better ground should help. Was a bog at Hereford the last day.

• Advertisement

Where'd you get word from goldcupfav

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Where'd you get word from goldcupfav

The last day got word from work rider in stable. Didnt hear anything for tomorrow just i take it the horse is fancied as the early money is down. Plus a mark of 87 does look lenient. Dirty Deal was behind her at Hereford and won a handicap off 94 today at Fontwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Dreambrook Lady goes again tomorrow. 3.20 Huntingdon. Was 5/1 with 365 now into 11/4.(only firm that have the raced priced up yet) First run in a handicap. Should be on a workable mark off 87. Plus the better ground should help. Was a bog at Hereford the last day.

Nice one Goldcupfav, got on at 11/4, looks a good horse to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Got on at 4.8 (3.8/1) this morn. Cheers!

Won easy in the end. Raced abit keen at the start and ran wide nearly the whole way round should go in again next time if the handicapper isnt to hard on her for this win.

Nice call. I totally forgot about it

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mohican22

Won easy in the end. Raced abit keen at the start and ran wide nearly the whole way round should go in again next time if the handicapper isnt to hard on her for this win.

Thanks for this Goldcupfav backed it as a result of your post

I got a PM from someone on here tipping Four Chimneys in the half 3 at Navan,around 16/1. Sorry about the late notice. I wasn't going to post it cos I don't know the source but said I'd put it up anyway

Had it backed already funnily enough. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Just put this on at 12's on pp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Second good e/w shout. Breaks long losing streak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I got a PM from someone on here tipping Four Chimneys in the half 3 at Navan,around 16/1. Sorry about the late notice. I wasn't going to post it cos I don't know the source but said I'd put it up anyway

Ran a great race!

Should have done an exacta but had him e/w anyways!

Thanks man

Had him to place because he's a mudlark and I thought he'd run on into a place past tired horses. May have even won if Jockey was a bit more aggressive earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

got a tip for Bhakti at the 1.10 in plumpton
    8/1 so gone e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    got a tip for Bhakti at the 1.10 in plumpton
    8/1 so gone e/w

N/R

Dreambrook Lady runs again at Chepstow on Friday under a 7 pound penalty. That shouldnt stop her winning again once the ground isnt too soft. May not be much of a price though.

Dreambrook Lady runs again at Chepstow on Friday under a 7 pound penalty. That shouldnt stop her winning again once the ground isnt too soft. May not be much of a price though.

Dreambrook Lady was hacking up when she fell at the last when clear !! Not sure if the horse survived. Got tip for tonight Dundalk 9.15 Acts Out Loud back each way 14/1 with pp is the best price around.

Dreambrook Lady was hacking up when she fell at the last when clear !! Not sure if the horse survived. Got tip for tonight Dundalk 9.15 Acts Out Loud back each way 14/1 with pp is the best price around.

The horse is fine I heard it was badly winded and took a while to get up.
    Was unfortunate, I was on heavy enough
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Got tip for tonight Dundalk 9.15 Acts Out Loud back each way 14/1 with pp is the best price around.

In from 33's! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭GMROCKS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement