Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography Portfolio?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Ciara_maire_

Thanks for your help! :)

Apologies if this has already been discussed in the thread (thread seems more about content of a portfolio than anything else, so this may not have been covered) but I haven't got the patience to read 10 pages of a thread that only barely interests me and may not cover what I wish to ask.

So anyway, I was wondering, what do people use as the actual portfolio itself?

I have a black leather album, 11"x14". It's grand as a general purpose all-rounder for displaying my work. However, if I, or anyone else, damages it, I've flushed hundreds of euro worth of prints down the drain.

So I was wondering, does anyone know of a portfolio/book that allows you to remove pages or add pages (thus giving you the ability to display a generic "best of" of your work, but also give you the option to add and remove images, so you can also tailor it to specific types of photography)?

I'd like to pick up something that'd allow me to display both portrait and landscape photos, but also, when need be, only display one of them at a time.

Does such a thing exist?

(Note; landscape and portraiture are just random, I'm not actually looking to display anything specific yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

@kkv- sounds like you want a portfolio box. I just ordered one from silverprint.co.uk and will hopefully have it Friday. it opens out flat so you can slide your stuff from one side to the other. They're also really lovely quality, but they're not cheap. My 20x16 was over 100 quid, but it'll do me a lifetime if I'm careful with it.

They supply sleeves for protecting the prints from the site too, and not those godawful ones you get in easons that dull EVERYTHING. They're secol ones, totally transparent and they don't crease, again not cheap, 20 sterling or so for a pack of 10 I think? So a lot more than the generic ones that come with mounts for example. Put them side by side though and you won't believe the difference..

If you don't want to splash out quite so much, they also do print boxes that hold less prints and are still very nice quality. You can't slide your pieces from one side to the other with them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 puregrand

Hey I'm starting to assemble my portfolio and I was just wondering how strict IADT are on the use of Photoshop with images? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blank003

hi , did any of you go on and do photography if so how are you finding it?
    i have a interest in photography but i am worried its not strong enough to do a whole degree in it,
    any inputs?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

blank003 wrote: »
    hi , did any of you go on and do photography if so how are you finding it?
    i have a interest in photography but i am worried its not strong enough to do a whole degree in it,
    any inputs?

I did a degree in it, and it increased my love for it everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blank003

ok thanks that a interesting point , and i don'
    t suppose you remember how long you spent building your portfolio for D.I.T and what it consisted off

Advertisement