Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography Portfolio?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

"Results of portfolio and interviews (where necessary) will be sent to students by the end of May."

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭greener greene

Oh right, was hoping it would be a bit sooner and not so close to the leaving cert :(.

Atleast DIT are fairly quick about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lollirotted

kjt wrote: »
    There's a few ways to do it. Photobox, aldi/AAAaarvey normans/boots type shots, pro-printer, send away and get a book printed etc.

It all depends on how much you can spend, what you think will show off your images and represent your work the best!! If you are sending off to the likes of photobox or something that needs to be posted, just make sure you'll have it in time. You're looking at less than two weeks to D-day.

Best of luck!

Ah cool, thanks for you help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Hats_Off

Submission day for IADT is Wednesday for me.
    They have asked for 20-25 images... I have 17 I'm proud of and 3 or 4 that I'm not so sure about.
    Should I just submit the 17 or all 20?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

"If in doubt take it out!"

Ha, thats just what i've heard from all the info days at the likes of DIT and what not.

In regards to IADT, my e-mail said to submit my portfolio on monday, is this strict or can i submit any day during the week? I dont think i can make it up tomorrow :mad:

• Advertisement

Since they only give you a half hour window to get your work in on the day they've you've been assigned to I doubt you can just submit when it suits you.

I have to take a day off work to submit mine. It's alot to ask of a friend to drop your portfolio all the way out to Dun Laoghaire and go back again in one day.

Guess thats IADT off my list then :(

dan759 wrote: »
    Guess thats IADT off my list then :(

No way man... Get a friend/family to drop it in for you!! If I was free I'd do it for you, I'm sure there's somebody you can get!!

Oh, also... eh, 109 pictures a few too many to submit? :D

Thanks Kyle, Sure i'll see what happens in the next 12 hours! Unfortunately my family are out of the question lol, And all my friends are non drivers :o

Might see if i can sort something out, would really like to keep my options open!

109 images! O.o Mine has 16.. lol. You've been working hard!

16? Ah that makes me feel better. I'm in the same boat.

Is it really a general consensus that's it's okay to submit less than the quoted 20 images?

Dan, have you thought of maybe dropping a few quid into a friends pocket to get the bus down and deliver it for you? It's a real pity otherwise.

• Advertisement

The main problem for me was the money, Though i just got spotted €50 from a very generous friend so i'll be making the long early journey tomorrow morning :D:( lol.

From what i heard at the information days, Less is more. Best show of a small selection of strong images. So my 16 suit me perfect :rolleyes:

Anyone else have to leave theres in tomorrow?

The main problem for me was the money, Though i just got spotted €50 from a very generous friend so i'll be making the long early journey tomorrow morning :D:( lol.

Don't forget to bring your camera, get some nice shots around Dunlaoghaire and the city centre :)

Thats the plan, Gotta find something to do between 9:30-4:00!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

From what i heard at the information days, Less is more. Best show of a small selection of strong images. So my 16 suit me perfect :rolleyes:

Anyone else have to leave theres in tomorrow?

I was going to offer to drop it down for you but I am there on Wen24, and yes ****in sucks hangin around all day. Never heard the likes of it. Cork was an interview + profolio assesment on the day, I went from Mallow (home town, moved to Co. Louth 10yrs ago) at 2pm was home by 5pm. Even NCAD/DIT let you drop it off and pick up in 2/3 weeks. I am travelling from Drogheda, but what about someone from Limerick/Cork/ up north ? to be there 9-930 is a joke + waiting around all day.

Also its 20-30 on the website, dont forget to fill out the questionaire. http://www.iadt.ie/en/media/Media,1860,en.pdf + a CV ! http://www.iadt.ie/en/ProspectiveStudents/SchoolsCourses/SchoolofCreativeArts/BAHonoursinPhotography/

Only just got reading that chorcai! Ha, mine only had 16 images. Oh well :o Tho i had a scrapbook, An A4 folder of contact sheets and full A4 images from my other projects and other bits and pieces but in too. Hopefully they had enough material to look through :confused:

I pottered about and took some photos from 9:30-12:30, Got some lunch then went to the cinema. The day went way quicker than i thought it would :)

You had quite alot of stuff then, best of luck. Can you tell me did they weight your stuff as well ? I have an A1 case I am unsure if it comes under the 10KG limit (Also applying for Fine Art)

I don't think they are overly strict on that to be honest.. There was a guy ahead of me with two A1 portfolios bound together :eek: lol.

I don't think they are overly strict on that to be honest.. There was a guy ahead of me with two A1 portfolios bound together :eek: lol.

WTF could he have had in them ? I mean A3 is what I have for photos, A1 for Fine Art. Strange. Reason I ask is NCAD did weigh it and mine was 9.5 with out anything extra, for DIT/CIT there was no wieght limits so I was able to pack in a few more books/etc. There was a few tears alright outside NCAD and lots of mothers rushing of to get lighter cases/cards :P

I have no idea! He looked like he was struggling to carry it too :pac:

Well, don't take my word as a given please :confused: The last thing i'd want is for you to be told that its over weight and have to take stuff out! Hope it all goes well for you :) Where are you most hoping to go?

Supposedly letters have started rolling in from DIT today, anybody got theirs yet? :confused:

All my friends got theres this morning, mine still hasnt arrived :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Chorcai wrote: »
    I was going to offer to drop it down for you but I am there on Wen24, and yes ****in sucks hangin around all day. Never heard the likes of it. Cork was an interview + profolio assesment on the day, I went from Mallow (home town, moved to Co. Louth 10yrs ago) at 2pm was home by 5pm. Even NCAD/DIT let you drop it off and pick up in 2/3 weeks. I am travelling from Drogheda, but what about someone from Limerick/Cork/ up north ? to be there 9-930 is a joke + waiting around all day.

Also its 20-30 on the website, dont forget to fill out the questionaire. http://www.iadt.ie/en/media/Media,1860,en.pdf + a CV ! http://www.iadt.ie/en/ProspectiveStudents/SchoolsCourses/SchoolofCreativeArts/BAHonoursinPhotography/

Lol, when we were applying for it, we dropped them in and went off to the pub for the day - you've nothing better to be doing!

Supposedly letters have started rolling in from DIT today, anybody got theirs yet? :confused:

All my friends got theres this morning, mine still hasnt arrived :(

Got mine, 540pt for fine art + vis com ! Hope ya get in Dan, really shocked if you didn't.

Fajitas, we more or less did that :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Got my letter today.. 600 Points in Vis Com & Fine art... really hoping this is a good sign for IADT...

Just got my letter.

300/600 :( Pretty bummed out now lol. Wonder what i get from IADT :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Photography unsuccessful, but 480 for fine art & visual communication, I don't think IADT needed a CV, I asked them on the open day and the lecturer misunderstood and thought I was asking what a CV was, correct me if I'm wrong here.

I presume I messed up the the last question on the questionnaire for IADT for Visual Communication and visual arts practice(fine art), I mixed the codes and I got the Visual communications questionnaire back because I mentioned fine art on it but I think I got away with the visual arts practice questionnaire because I didn't mention any course titles. :D balls! So not expecting much from there, well maybe they will overlook that hehe. I did improve my art portfolio even more since DIT also, so it might go up in points!

Everyone else i know got an unsuccessful grade from DIT for Photography too... They must have a very particular idea of what they want :confused:

Maybe they should start giving out a Brief or something..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Everyone else i know got an unsuccessful grade from DIT for Photography too... They must have a very particular idea of what they want :confused:

Maybe they should start giving out a Brief or something..

i'd say its probably curve marking and applications must be shooting up

Yeah, I was thinking that could be it too.

Well, I'm currently at full marks in my fetac couse at the minute.. Hopefully if i finish up the same that has me at 400 points. so i'll have 700 overall. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Yeah, I was thinking that could be it too.

Well, I'm currently at full marks in my fetac couse at the minute.. Hopefully if i finish up the same that has me at 400 points. so i'll have 700 overall. :o

Unfortunately DIT doesn't take FETAC points for these courses, everywhere else does, I want 400 too, I missed two months of the course because I dropped out of you guessed it, DIT, but caught up like a mad joke in the FETAC course and never miss days!

• Advertisement

Woah, first I've heard of that from anywhere :eek: They just go by LC then?

Advertisement