Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-January 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭arctictree

2.6c here and windy.

Tomorrow looks like a relatively nice day in the east during all this chaos!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

3c
    DP 1.4c

SSW breeze, calm and clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Some sunny spells around today but a lot of cloud as well. The snow symbol on my vp2 hasn't left the console since about the 3rd of January unless it did when I was at Kippure it's still up now despite the temp being 7.2C and the dp 1.5C not that it means anything.

4.4c here and just starting to rain.

I can see snow on the mountains down to about 600M

A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Still some small patches of snow and slush on the lawn but my neighbors lawn is mostly covered since it's completely sheltered from the sun.Won't last through the rain when it arrives though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Rain started here, and it remains as cool as it did earlier today. now 3.3c after 4.1c max today. Cooler than was forecast for the region.

Has anybody else struggled with temps today?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yeah only 3C here, starting to rain now.
    looks like its gonna be cold all week but not as cold as last week.

Very slow rise in temp here through the day.

The wind is SE now off the sea and is 7c having started out at zero earlier in the day.
    Interestingly,it's no warmer than fridays peak.
    I guess this is what they call cold zonality.

Boring old muck though unless you live on a hill in north connaught or west Ulster!

6.9C here and 3.3mm so far.
    Just back from a walk up kippure, or more like an endurance test. We started out at the bottom in the rain and walked up into snow, cloud/freezing fog and gale force winds. There wasn't too much snow at the top but there was covering and it was deeper in places, very cold and windy though, with rime ice on all the posts and pillars. Going up wasn't so bad except for the awful visibility. Coming back down the wind was in our faces whipping up the snow, windchill must've been way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,725 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

wet snow here at the moment with a temperature of one degree celsius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Where that Nacho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wet and cold, it brightened up for a brief period about lunchtime then downhill.

Mike.

Snow being reported in the NW :

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Anyone in that part of the country??

A

Serious variation in Temps across the country from 10c in Rosslare to 1c in Knock!

Villain wrote: »
    Where that Nacho?

Mayo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think the back edge of the front has some sleet and snow in it on higher ground as the slightly colder air gets in behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

My Satellite picture just went tits up! looked outside and snowing!!! where did that come from? Sligo

Nice one - anyone know if this is heading south?!

Don't think so arctictree, its a band coming from a SW direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭homosapien

hehe..girlfriend texted me an hour ago to say she was on N17 and that it was snowing heavily..I thought she was pulling my leg so ignored it...now I come on here and see she wasnt lying at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

5.4c here, front passed through with a heavier burst at the end. Alot of the front missed us here today - the radar showed a big hole open up in the front and the rain went *around* us here - wierd!

I doubt much snow will fall outside of Connaught or Ulster tonight as the Low pressure is on a journey from Galway to Edinborogh via Malin Head. The cold pool of air bringing snow to the far west at the moment is associated with this low pressure, we could have some interesting beefy showers breaking out in central areas though.

Gonzo wrote: »
    I think the back edge of the front has some sleet and snow in it on higher ground as the slightly colder air gets in behind it.

makes sense. as it rained here for about an hour and a half before it turned to wet snow.

currently it's cloudy

cleared up here already, everything fell as rain, stars in the sky now, I reckon thats all I'll see for rest of night. Huge showers over Galway & Mayo atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Stopped snowing here in sligo now. Nice bit of snow lying on the ground though. See on the met.ie rainfall radar there is a big shower heading this way from west mayo. Hopefully there is more snow in it.:D

Get some pics up on the pictures thread kkontour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Can we continue to post current conditions in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211895 for tonight?

Seems there is a reasonable snow event going on.

Anyone got a link to charts for now?

From the latest met.ie reports there are a lot of stations reporting easterly winds. This would mean that the LP is a lot further south than forecast.

BTW - Temp dropping here - currently 4.8c

A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Winds increasing in the SW now-http://www.xcweather.co.uk/
    Are the worst winds still only going to hit Ulster?

arctictree wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to charts for now?

From the latest met.ie reports there are a lot of stations reporting easterly winds. This would mean that the LP is a lot further south than forecast.

BTW - Temp dropping here - currently 4.8c

A

Maybe a bit
    GFS
    http://cirrus.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20080106/12/09/airpressure.png
    actual
    http://meteocentre.com/analyse/map.php?hour=0&lang=en&map=Europe

• Advertisement

rc28 wrote: »
    Winds increasing in the SW now-http://www.xcweather.co.uk/
    Are the worst winds still only going to hit Ulster?

I think the worst winds are to be in the North-West and then through more central Ireland

Advertisement