Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did you meet your other half?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

milli wrote: »
    Can I change my vote please?! Am single once again..

Happy New Year eh? Sorry to hear that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Sorry to hear that Milli :(

23 met online?? Mad! I've always thought that way more people meet online than let on. Still a bit taboo in backward Ireland.

I'm intrigued to know what all the "others" were.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

I actually saw my better half at work but i was shy and couldn't pluck up the courage to speak with her so I waited till I had drink on board!!!

What worries me is in second place is OTHER. I want to know what the OTHER is??????????

Can I change my vote please?! Am single once again..

keep your chin Milli, by next week you could voting another category!!!!!!!!!!!!

if not call me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

TheNog wrote: »
    keep your chin Milli, by next week you could voting another category!!!!!!!!!!!!

if not call me!!!

hehe I might just do that!

now that you mention it I was wondering what the 'other' is alright..

• Advertisement

hehe I might just do that!

now that you mention it I was wondering what the 'other' is alright..

yes, yes *smoking pipe* I am intrigued to know

Perhaps out shopping, horseback riding, on a plane? Things like that?

Work , he was seeing someone but once I left the job..he realised and we have been happy ever since :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭wandering_star

Met my other half walking home from work one night, sounds creepy but it wasn't really, just started with a hello and mistaken identity, we didn't get together until a while later after bumping into each other at parties, etc, but at the risk of sounding corny he had me at hello.
    *gush*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Met him through boards, pimpdaddy to be exact. We chatted in the PD IRC channel for a few months and then met at a pimpdaddy beers 2 and a half years ago. Clicked straight away and as sad as it sounds I had feelings for him before we even met in person.

We live together now and its going really well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

I met my other half in a club in town when he rescued me from his drunken friend. He was my knight in shining armour. Three and a half years later we're still going strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lilly07

I was a shy 15 yr old walking with my friends and he was walking his dog - my friend knew (and fancied him) and 5 and a half years later we still going so strong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Seen this guy on street on one drunk night - was bored and needed some entertainment.
    I asked his friend, the guys name. I went up to said guy and said 'hi **** my name is *** you are coming with me'

5yr + later we still together

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

LouOB wrote: »
    Seen this guy on street on one drunk night - was bored and needed some entertainment.
    I asked his friend, the guys name. I went up to said guy and said 'hi **** my name is *** you are coming with me'

:eek: no way really? Legend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

yup

LouOB wrote: »

Did he know what was happening?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Out on a girly night 1 year to the day that my x had dumped me... was meant to be an anti guy night...

the girls changed their minds pretty quickly and had to drag me to the table to join them and the goof ball lads who had been trying to get our attention all night...

So i sat down and the guy next to me announced he was with this girl and i told him i hated men so we got chatting became friends 1st... his gf's mates were in the pub and they told the gf that he had been with a girl all night so she dumped him the next day... after 3 months we decided it was pointless trying to not be with each other and we are both still together...that was about 2 years ago ish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

His best mate brought me out for a drink and there he was, love at first sight!! Still going strong almost 8 yrs later, he mate never spoke to him again tho :mad: His loss;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

My band toured with his band, he spent the whole time trying to get my attention but I was going out with someone else at the time and was completely oblivious to him. A few months later when I was single he emailed me about band stuff and we started having really long chats online every night.. then we went to a gig together and have been inseparable ever since. Ah young wuv :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I worked with a girl who was going out with his best mate. She tried to get us together for ages (inviting him along to everything we were doing etc). We were friends for a few months but then he managed to hook me! It turned out the girl I worked with was a crazy psycho so we don't see her anymore. She cheated on her bf (my bfs mate) and for some reason he blames me for it, as the guy she cheated on him with was a friend of mine. Now my bf and his mate don't talk anymore, even though it all happened 2 years ago! I feel kind of like it's my fault my bf doesn't see his friend anymore but I really didn't do anything!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Gwenivere

I met my man at his friends house party during my first few weeks in collage. We went to redbox after and he danced behind me for almost the whole night. We've been together since, thats almost 4 & a half years ago now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I had a summer job with his friend... His friend called me the January afterwards when I was back up in Dublin on my own studying for exams, I went out, and there was my hubby :) We didn't get together til May, and we're 7.5 years strong now :eek: I didn't realise it was that long til I counted, right there!! I suppose I should have, as we're 4 years married :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

At a wedding in 1986!!! Married now nearly 20 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

Online and we've no problem telling people!

Been together 5 months and he's moving here in a month :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

well i met my other half in a bar the day cork beat waterford in the semi final aug 06. and i wastn't even trying as was still getting over a broken heart from someone who i thought was my soul mate:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

met my girlfreind in my first week in college, she was introduced to me by another girl that I had been chatting to the day before (actually I don't think I ever talked to her again). We were friends for around 5 months before getting together and in 20 days (arse I better start looking for a present) we will have been going out 10 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

met my lovely lady on J1 in the US.
    that was 1.5yrs ago and still going strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Met mine through mutual friends, we'd been in the same place/parties a few times but never actually met each other, think we met when we were meant to/when we both on the same place in life etc! That was over a year ago and we're living together and all is great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭JMCD

Good evening ladies,

Just looking for some help regarding taking girls on a date.My friends and I were having this conversation last night and it suddenly hit me that us lads think a great date is to bring the lady for a drink.Now maybe its just me with a mature head on me but surely there must be better places to go for a date...especially the first one.

So im basically looking for a girls opinion on what would impress them and what would they like to do?.........or do you see the pub as a valid option??

Cheers,Thanks.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Go to the zoo... it's the answer to many of life's problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement