Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did you meet your other half?

Options
  • 28-12-2007 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Just looking at how the first date thread is going, dates etc....how did you ladies met your other halves? Or your ex's etc...?

How did you meet your other half? 110 votes

Pub/Club
    0% 0 votes
    Online/Dating sites
    20% 23 votes
    Work
    27% 30 votes
    College/School/Course
    10% 11 votes
    Through friends
    15% 17 votes
    Through hobbies/gym/sports etc
    22% 25 votes
    Other
    3% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

My brothers best friend! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Jeapy wrote: »
    My brothers best friend! :D

Aww that's nice....did your brother mind though??

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

wow through friends is really winning. Surprised that online dating is so high tbh

wow through friends is really winning. Surprised that online dating is so high tbh

Three people had voted...I make four :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

SW81 wrote: »
    Aww that's nice....did your brother mind though??

Almost six and a half years later- he got over it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Dating site. He was the first person I met from one of those sites and 4 months later it's all good. I think I was his fifth or sixth date from there though, he didn't click with the others but he did with me. Glad I gave it a go! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

I make 5. Met him on a site that similar to facebook/bebo but has alot more jokey stuff. Unfortunately only about 2 other people know that we actually met there - we tell family that we met in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

We met in work. He walked in one day, as the new boy, but captured my heart straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Nightwish wrote: »
    We met in work. He walked in one day, as the new boy, but captured my heart straight away.

Ah bless :)

We were childhood friends

So far online is winning, interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Where's the 'on boards' option? :)

Where's the 'on boards' option? :)

The online/dating site one ;) Aww did you meet on Boards? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I met mine at some party in town, neither of us really knew anyone else at it so we spent a good while chatting at that, we ended up as friends and after a about a year started going out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

School, but that was quite a long time ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Yeah i want a boards option too, lots of people met on here, or because of it.

Jules80 wrote: »
    Yeah i want a boards option too, lots of people met on here, or because of it.

Boards = Online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

The online/dating site one ;) Aww did you meet on Boards? :)

Yeah we did, and we know each other exactly a year now, to the hour!!!(If you're reading this, I love you honey :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

I met mine through work - he chanced his arm the last week we were working together and we've been together a year..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Boards = Online

I know but there should be a special Boards option!

LDG, that is so cute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Im surprised and happy to see alot of online hook ups. I met my boyfriend on a dating site and still cant tell my friends- they think we met in the pub!! Six months later we are very happy together - yippie we are not weird!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Cannot believe the amount of online couples! So cute!

I'm wondering how boardsies got together.
    Did ye actually fancy himself from posts or was it a picture that turned your heads, or did you feel sparks at a boards beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

i voted "other" as my brain only registered "dating sites" on the other option and not the online bit.. my bad!

anyway, we met online, via a blogging site called livejournal. i had just moved to ireland and when i searched "limerick" and not many people popped up that had similar interests (twas only him and a lovely girl who i am still friends with!). i commented on his journal, he commented on mine etc etc. we didnt meet till after christmas when i went to his house party. my mum dropped me off and said to give her a sign if "something wasnt right"...well, twas grand and here we are 4 years later and on the other side of the world at that! aww.

/endslifestory :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

I met my OH in college. First time we just randomly bumped into each other and the next time I saw him was through a mutual friend a week later.
    Three and a half years later we're still happy and a smug couple :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

met my fella online, on a message board. he drunkenly proposed to me after being friends for about 5months, we realised we'd feelings for each other baout 2 months later, we met in person for the first time 13months after that, and now we've officially moved in together, 9 months after that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Met himself in a club in town, i was very drunk, was sober, nothing happened but he asked my friend for my number. He text me the next day and I met him a few days later. Never been happier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

We met in college. We were in the same class and got together in the last few months of our degree. we kept it quiet from the rest of the class we just wanted to see how it worked out before we told anyone and almost 6 years later we're still together.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I kept on bumping in to him in college and fancied the pants off him. I was on my first date with one of his friends when he barges in...3 weeks later we were a couple, though we broke up a few times since we are now happily married just over a year. We are both still friends with the other guy who is happily married to someone else and has a baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

milli wrote: »
    I met mine through work - he chanced his arm the last week we were working together and we've been together a year..

Can I change my vote please?! Am single once again..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

When I lived in Rathmines I used to go to the Laundrette down the road. I quite liked the young lady there and I had a feeling she liked me too, but wasn't sure. Anywhooo I attempted some conversation once and it didn't go quite so well, so I just kept smiling each time I went and asked her how she was. Well just before Christmas that year her boss was there and I didn't ask her how she was. Later that night there was a knock at my door and there was the lovely young lady from the laundrette on my doorstep telling me I never asked her how she was that night. We arranged to meet the next night and it was just as well as she was let go the next night (cause they were creepy cnuts).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement