Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did you meet your other half?

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭catch me if you can

At a funeral!
    i was there just to support my housemate.
    And low and behold this gorgeous man (turned out to be my housemates brother!), approached me in the evening and asked me out.
    6 months later ! we were married. 6 years on and 2 year old daughter later and i couldnt be happier.
    Uncle Frances if your up there, thank you for bringing us together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Thought I had posted in this thread already but apparently not.

Some of the stories in this are really cute :)

Met my fella through my brother lost touch for a while and then started hanging out again and started dating and then he asked me out. Nearly 4 and a half years later living together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

We were working in a Galway pub together - me a waitress, him a cook.

Turns out neither of us had been in Galway more than a couple months as we'd both blown in from elsewhere.

Tomorrow will be the 9th anniversary of our first "date" (neither of us knew anyone in town but both just wanted a drink so went out after work...me in my uniform & all). Married 6 yrs, 2 kids.

And the funniest thing...he almost never cooks anymore. So much for marrying a chef! :rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭catch me if you can

Ayla wrote: »
    We were working in a Galway pub together - me a waitress, him a cook.

Turns out neither of us had been in Galway more than a couple months as we'd both blown in from elsewhere.

Tomorrow will be the 9th anniversary of our first "date" (neither of us knew anyone in town but both just wanted a drink so went out after work...me in my uniform & all). Married 6 yrs, 2 kids.

And the funniest thing...he almost never cooks anymore. So much for marrying a chef! :rolleyes::D

so cute it sounds like that film Frankie and Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I met my Boyfriend online. We started randomly talking for a few days, he seemed cool. After those first few days talking online I sent him a quick message saying I wouldn't be able to talk online for a while and gave him my number incase he wanted to text me.

He did infact text me even though it was a bit weird and a bit out of the blue, then a few weeks after texting regularly he phoned me late at night, drunk, asking if I'd like to hang out some day.. and normally I wouldn't do that with a stranger but he seemed genuine so I agreed to it.

We've been together over 2 years now.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Met mine in a late nite bar, he chatted me up and later admitted that he had been introduced to me 13 years ago, I was in school with his big sister at the time.....I didnt remember him as he was only a kid when I met him back then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

DubLegs wrote: »
    I make 5. Met him on a site that similar to facebook/bebo but has alot more jokey stuff. Unfortunately only about 2 other people know that we actually met there - we tell family that we met in town.

Met my wife through add in paper, this was before internet. Told friends we met at a dance. They say, sure you can't dance! Don't think theres much of a stigma about meeting this way now, internet etc. Seems to be the way according to ones i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,334 ✭✭✭✭fits

Current guy, met at a festival at 3 am dancing my socks off. Had a very upsetting break up a month previously and it really was the first time since that I was enjoying myself and I wasnt looking for anything. Flirted outrageously with him. Called him the wrong name the whole night. Walked off on him twice. Refused to give him my number. He somehow managed to find me on facebook from my job description and first name. I wouldnt call him my OH just yet but its ticking along nicely :)

Previous guy was a lovely man I met on a dating site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I met my boyfriend on Boards. Had been chatting here for ages and then he asked me on a date and I met him for the first time :)

So glad I did :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

met my hubby in the BK car park in tallaght at a car club meet :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Leafonthewind

Met my husband in secondary school. We've been together for nearly 20 years! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

Online, on a music forum. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I dragged her out of a burning caravan during a holiday in France. Oh la la. Kiss of life was needed, threw in a bit of tongue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

boards! god bless jameson :P

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Another one for online here...although we used to say 'through friends' whenever anyone asked, as it wasn't the done thing when we met ;)

We were both involved in an online forum a few years ago (not this one), there was a thread for putting up your myspace profile (before the days of facebook/ bebo etc).
    He posted his profile, I checked it out and added him. I'm not sure why exactly (other than I thought he was cute ;)) as it wasn't something I'd normally do - if I don't know people, I don't add them.
    Anyway, he added me back and we sent a few messages back and forth that night.
    The next day I went into college and told my best friend I'd found the man I was going to marry :o

He is from the UK, and was living there at the time. He came over for a visit 3 weeks after we'd gotten chatting, and within 6months of that first face to face meeting, he moved to Ireland :)
    6.5 years later, and we're still going strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

I was 16 and my 1st "true love" (lol!) had just broken up with me after 10months together so I stayed in a friends house (who I had met through my ex) and cried and cried until one evening we were having a little party and a friend of their friend from Tipp came too, we just clicked and stayed in contact.
    But, as the years went by we lost contact BUT then, one night in a local pub where I had just had a full blown row and actual cat fight (I swear, I never ever fight) and in walks the Tipp man himself all grown up but holding hands with a local girl.
    The Tipp man and I reunited and we just clicked again after 2 years apart and within a week, we both broke up with our partners and got together.

We've been together ever since, almost 9 years!!!

We are still so happy together.
    Its so strange to actually be thankful, in a way, that those two horrible things had to happen to bring us together.

PS: Also, I am now great friends with my then best friend and ex again. I hate grudges!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

met mine at church

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

At a wedding.

I had broken up with a guy about 4 months previous and hadn't invited anybody to the wedding as a +1. I spied this guy in the church, he was an usher and a brother of the bride.

We were introduced later that evening and 11 odd years later we're still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭jos28

Met mine at the dole office.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Met mine through a mutual friend. Had literally only just broken up with my long term bf (3 years), although it had been a long time coming and it was very amicable, so I wasn't too cut up about it.
    We'd met briefly before and started talking one night at a party hosted by the mutual friend. 6 months on and it's pretty rosey :o

Literally never been happier.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Eriu79

I met him online over 5 years ago, we started a long distance relationship 3 years ago an we are getting married in the USA whenever we manage to sort that mess out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

Met my hubbie to be at work -- he had literally broken up with his ex...... we just clicked .... and as they say the rest is history :p

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

Met the ex through friends.....have only ever met a girl when out, and alcohol involved - probably not ideal!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Attack of the zombie threads :eek::)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement