Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Hobby.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

As long as he doesn't collect the kids with the shoes, I don't see any serious issues.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

ok.

/off I go to google ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

manTime wrote: »
    Yes well they just get uploaded to the website, Im not giving you the address we get enough people on our forum abusing us, as for baby shoes I cant say i do collect them im generally into 10 - 12 yr olds. You'd be suprised how many of us there is in fact 8 members on the site are from Ireland and just general shoe collecters number about 200 or so in Ireland alone

Can you upload some of the pics to boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Quote from the original thread just to put this in context:
    I hate buying childrens shoes especially in my local where the girl behind the counter knows i dont have kids :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

ejmaztec wrote: »
    As long as he doesn't collect the kids with the shoes, I don't see any serious issues.:eek:

In one way it's no weirder than a guy who builds model railways.

On the other hand going back to his place on a first date (assuming you are that kind of girl) and being presented with shelf upon shelf of neatly arranged shoes for 10-12 year olds....

• Advertisement

manTime wrote:
    Ye they wouldnt report a mans vast collection of childrens shoes if he stored them in their o(ri)ffice.
    A vast collection is a colection people no need to discriminate over nature we agree

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    If it's a guy (And I presume it is with a name like 'Mantime') it's 10x weirder than if it's a woman. Sad but true.

Yeah it would be weird but passable for a girl I suppose but for a guy!

Is there a penny black of shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

nesf wrote: »
    In one way it's no weirder than a guy who builds model railways.

On the other hand going back to his place on a first date (assuming you are that kind of girl) and being presented with shelf upon shelf of neatly arranged shoes for 10-12 year olds....

Y'see, you don't have this issue if you build model railways. They've never had anyone back to their place so we don't know whether or not it's socially acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Never been a collector of anything myself but realise people collect all kinds of things so OP what's the attraction of these types of shoes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

There's an awful lot of trolling tonight in AH. People aren't taking their relavite.

OP: How do you get them off the kids' feet? Do you kidnap them? After you've taken the shoes off them do you release the kids? Do you know the other well-travelled guy? Do you work together in collecting shoes and insulting women of particular nations?

So many questions...:(

Karoma wrote: »
    Y'see, you don't have this issue if you build model railways. They've never had anyone back to their place so we don't know whether or not it's socially acceptable.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭manTime

I am a man although I dont see how that makes a difference. I dont keep them in glass cases or anything I just keep them around the house on the mantle some in the kitchen a LOT in my room even a couple of pairs in the toilet :rolleyes:

Im not some wierdo I just like the way they feel to touch how they smell etc. So I collect them, we all have hobbies, well interesting people do, at least im not some fat arse lyin around watching football drinking beer

nesf wrote: »
    lol

*sigh*
    Before anybody starts attacking regulars of the Models forum: Stop. We should respect 40 year old virgins and what they have done for society / religion.

Slow coach wrote:
    There's an awful lot of trolling tonight in AH. People aren't taking their relavite.
    ?

Are you not worried about what people think when they see masses of kids shoes strew around you room etc.??
    Or are you simply a troll?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

this is a p*ss take of a fry and laurie sketch, nil point for originality

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

One of my friends' brothers collects kids shoes. Has them all displayed in his room hanging from the ceiling. Not in a freaky way or anything, their all cool pairs of runners/boots (the little tiny ones you see in champion sports etc...) all bought from new, not taken from some kid or anything! Started off with a few then people started getting him a pair as a present when back from travels and what not so it grew into a collection.

Not so sure Karoma as Im sure other model railway type peeps would think it cool and even non train set people wouldnt be weired out. But baby shoes!!! The guest/caller/visitor would be out the door and ringing 999 lol.

Simona1986 wrote: »
    One of my friends' brothers collects kids shoes. Has them all displayed in his room hanging from the ceiling. Not in a freaky way or anything, their all cool pairs of runners/boots (the little tiny ones you see in champion sports etc...) all bought from new, not taken from some kid or anything! Started off with a few then people started getting him a pair as a present when back from travels and what not so it grew into a collection.

There is no non freaky way to display stuff like this. Period.

Venom wrote: »
    Not so sure Karoma as Im sure other model railway type peeps would think it cool and even non train set people wouldnt be weired out. But baby shoes!!! The guest/caller/visitor would be out the door and ringing 999 lol.
    But the only people to enter the room of the railway model collector person would other railway model collector people as you pointed out or mammy - mammy loves and accepts him for what he is, and the other railway model collectors... well, I'm sure if manTime had other shoe collector people over, they'd be OK with it... the point is: We'll never really know whether or not collecting model railway stuff is acceptable. Shoe collectors will have people over and can be judged like society intended.

• Advertisement

Not so sure Karoma as Im sure other model railway type peeps would think it cool and even non train set people wouldnt be weired out.

True, but you know they are whispering softly "There but for the grace of God...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭manTime

I learnt a long time ago not too care what people think, because what? you might have to deal with that sort confrontation 20 minutes a week and anyone I care about doesnt bring it up but they dont come to my house anyway and for that I can keep what I love and know coming home from work I can look foward to seeing my shoes, If someday someone can care about me for who I am, good but if not I still have my shoes

Perhaps the OP should visit this site http://www.northampton.gov.uk/museums

Just down the road from where I used to live.

Cobblers! that's what the towns famous for.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

...at least im not some fat arse lyin around watching football drinking beer

I object most strongly to this representation of football fans. I sit upright when watching, I don't have a fat arse and I don't drink beer. I do, however, take my relavite, and I would strongly urge you to take yours.

Even those fat-arsed football fans who do lie around drinking beer have at least as sensible a hobby as yours.

There is no non freaky way to display stuff like this. Period.

Unless on a childs feet?

WindSock wrote: »
    Unless on a childs feet?

Then its just shoes and not a collection of kiddies shoes ;)

Slow coach wrote: »
    I do, however, take my relavite, and I would strongly urge you to take yours.
    OK, this is the second time you've used the expression. It's new to me. Are you suggesting some festive incest?

OK, this is the second time you've used the expression. It's new to me. Are you suggesting some festive incest?

:D Brilliant. Just what I was thinking

I think it's one of those hot drinks that old people drink. Maybe not though.

• Advertisement

But the only people to enter the room of the railway model collector person would other railway model collector people as you pointed out or mammy - mammy loves and accepts him for what he is, and the other railway model collectors... well, I'm sure if manTime had other shoe collector people over, they'd be OK with it... the point is: We'll never really know whether or not collecting model railway stuff is acceptable. Shoe collectors will have people over and can be judged like society intended.

Well say you meet some guy/girl you like and end up going back to their place and find a model railway collection, you will be much more understanding of it I predict than if you find a collection of kids shoes.

Advertisement