Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Hobby.

Options
  • 23-12-2007 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

I know what you mean I lived in vietnam and thailand for about 3 years and my lifestyle never batted an eyelid - back in Ireland i keep a shoe collection as a hobbie, but Irish women! when they find out they judge and call me a wierdo just because I happen to only collect childrens shoes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Whatever about a shoe collection but a kids one.... yes that is weird :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

manTime wrote: »
    I know what you mean I lived in vietnam and thailand for about 3 year and my lifestyle never batted an eyelid - back in Ireland i keep a shoe collection as a hobbie but Irish women when they find out judge and call me a wierdo just because I happen to only collect childrens shoes.

Just Irish women?What do your Irish male friends think of your kids shoe collection?Im sure there would be some very un open minded Irish men wwho would judge you for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I know what you mean I lived in vietnam and thailand for about 3 years and my lifestyle never batted an eyelid - back in Ireland i keep a shoe collection as a hobbie, but Irish women! when they find out they judge and call me a wierdo just because I happen to only collect childrens shoes.

Haha, that's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I think this deserves some more consideration and reflection and stuff. Moved to its own thread.

manTime: Please, do go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Its a predijuce I face on a daily basis im getting sick of it, people judge me in spite of the fact I buy from st. Vincents so the money goes to charity which is supposed to be a good thing no?

Do you keep them in a display case or cardboard boxes?

• Advertisement

Karoma wrote: »
    I think this deserves some more consideration and reflection and stuff. Moved to its own thread.

legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Says alot about Vietnam and Thailand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Do you have any pics? I sure would like to see your entire catalogue.

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Says alot about Vietnam and Thailand

It does? Really? I thought it said more about the OP or something. What does it say to you about Vietnam and Thailand?

Simu wants to know if it's baby shoes or children's shoes. Apparently it makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Brilliant..... LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

nesf wrote: »
    Simu wants to know if it's baby shoes or children's shoes. Apparently it makes a difference.

Yes - baby means less weird.

Also, if you get them bronzed, that's less weird again.

Jay.jpg

It does? Really? I thought it said more about the OP or something. What does it say to you about Vietnam and Thailand?

Well, it says that Thailand and Vietnam are both superior countries. The clear social acceptance of our friend there would not happen in this country of ours:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

I read this at the end of the other thread and thought 'that's a bit odd' and then 'tut shouldnt be thinking that'. The hobby is like a car crash,you shouldn't look but yet you do. I'd love some pictures

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

simu wrote: »
    Yes - baby means less weird.

Also, if you get them bronzed, that's less weird again.

What, the babies?

AC, hes not collecting babies. That'd just be wierd

What, the babies?

I was just about to ask that. I figure, you bronze the kid, put it on a pedestal and then surround it with suitably sized shoes. Add some lit candles, some goat's blood and a dark room and you've got a party.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jimbo78 wrote: »
    AC, hes not collecting babies. That'd just be wierd
    Collecting stamps is perfectly fine, but collecting babies is weird. God damn thought police.
    nesf wrote: »
    I was just about to ask that. I figure, you bronze the kid, put it on a pedestal and then surround it with suitably sized shoes.

Sounds good, I'll give it a try. Any one want to lend me their kid for an afternoon or two.

What, the babies?

Collecting baby shoes isn't that weird as they have a cuteness factor that would appeal to some e.g. baby conz! http://85.12.27.61/~ideetje/images/2007/schoen_023.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Does he know about this thread? PM him!

I don't think he does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Hey, you must be my soulmate, I think your shoe collection would go nicely with my foot collection. Most men are so freaked out when they find out about it.

S/He'll see it. Let's not make a big deal of their issue hobby. Let's receive them with an open mind.

Let he who is without sinful hobby cast the first stone...

Hey, you must be my soulmate, I think your shoe collection would go nicely with my foot collection. Most men are so freaked out when they find out about it.
    You mean sole mate, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

This is one of the weirdest "hobbies" Iv ever heard of man, and personaly find it really freaky :eek:

If it's a guy (And I presume it is with a name like 'Mantime') it's 10x weirder than if it's a woman. Sad but true.

Or not. >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭manTime

WindSock wrote: »
    Do you have any pics? I sure would like to see your entire catalogue.

Yes well they just get uploaded to the website, Im not giving you the address we get enough people on our forum abusing us, as for baby shoes I cant say i do collect them im generally into 10 - 12 yr olds. You'd be suprised how many of us there is in fact 8 members on the site are from Ireland and just general shoe collecters number about 200 or so in Ireland alone

OMG. I think he's serious

• Advertisement

Yes well they just get uploaded to the website, Im not giving you the address we get enough people on our forum abusing us, as for baby shoes I cant say i do collect them im generally into 10 - 12 yr olds. You'd be suprised how many of us there is in fact 8 members on the site are from Ireland and just general shoe collecters number about 200 or so in Ireland alone

Most 10-12 year olds wear adult sizes, though. Do you also collect childish-looking shoes in adult sizes?

What shoe sizes do you prefer?

Advertisement