Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Hobby.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Karoma wrote: »
    OK, this is the second time you've used the expression. It's new to me. Are you suggesting some festive incest?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54721376

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Venom wrote: »
    Well say you meet some guy/girl you like and end up going back to their place and find a model railway collection, you will be much more understanding of it I predict than if you find a collection of kids shoes.

Sympathetic. I'd be sympathetic. They'd still die a virgin. We'll never know, or as my uncle'd say: If my grandmother had balls, she'd be my grandfather.
    If it were shoes? Hmmm... dunno... I'm having difficulty imagining a scenario where I'd find myself in the bedroom of such a person. Help me: Would I be holding a warrant?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

OK, this is the second time you've used the expression. It's new to me. Are you suggesting some festive incest?

:rolleyes:

I gave my opinion on the stuff that the guy in the other (trolly) thread asked about:
    elambra wrote: »
    Anyway, that's my rant over with, let me know your relavite opinion, and have a good christmas :-)

I find it's great for preventing trolling. But some people haven't taken their dose today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Slow coach wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

I gave my opinion on the stuff that the guy in the other (trolly) thread asked about:

I find it's great for preventing trolling. But some people haven't taken their dose today.
    Okay. Now, I understand. No need to get all rolleyesy with me. rolleyes are for commies and kids' shoes collectors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

manTime wrote: »
    I know what you mean I lived in vietnam and thailand for about 3 years and my lifestyle never batted an eyelid - back in Ireland i keep a shoe collection as a hobbie, but Irish women! when they find out they judge and call me a wierdo just because I happen to only collect childrens shoes.

awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Okay. Now, I understand. No need to get all rolleyesy with me. rolleyes are for commies and kids' shoes collectors.

But I collect rolleyes. I don't keep them in glass cases or anything I just keep them around the house on the mantel, some in the kitchen, a LOT in my room, even a couple of pairs in the toilet.

I'm not some wierdo. I just like the way they feel to touch, how they smell etc. So I collect them.

Here's another pair: :rolleyes:

You disgust me.
    Go take a relative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Damn, this is a f*cked up thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

haha strange! i wonder how it started.like i collect postcards just because i liked to get one from everywhere i went and suddenly i had a collection so i continued.but does that mean the OP just one day said "i think ill collect something.children?nah too risky...their shoes..mmm"

sorry OP each to their own obviously....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I know what you mean I lived in vietnam and thailand for about 3 years and my lifestyle never batted an eyelid - back in Ireland i keep a shoe collection as a hobbie, but Irish women! when they find out they judge and call me a wierdo just because I happen to only collect childrens shoes.

Trick or treat, smell my feet.....

Ballerina wrote: »
    haha strange! i wonder how it started.like i collect postcards ...
    Freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

Freak.

haha I know.but its actually past tense....I've put a stop to it now.I was young and naive and thought it was cool.I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Im not some wierdo I just like the way they feel to touch how they smell etc.

I call shenanigans on this thread!

Sofaspud wrote: »
    I call shenanigans on this thread!
    Sure, a new poster with a wierd obsession, everyone winding him up.

I wonder who it really is?????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

this thread is FUKED UP!!., :confused:
    sorry OP but when you say you collect childrens shoes its enivitable people are going to think "PEADO!", especially as you mention living in vietnam and thailand, peado capitals of the world.,
    I hope this is a pis* take because it doesnt feel nice picturing some bloke sitting in their room fantasizing about kids "shoes":confused:.,

Anyway, i collect playing cards., I get decks of them from all over the world and there cool., my favourate ones are those iraqi ones with the top 52 most wanted on them.,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

im generally into 10 - 12 yr olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If anyone here collects odd socks, can I have mine back please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

in fairness I find ANY form of collecting strange. I mean I understand if people are investing in something they think will be worth something later. But the crap people collect, it could be toddlers shoes to premier league stickers.

WHAT IS THE FREAKING POINT??? I personally think its a form of OCD that people feel the need to collect crap, and feel unfulfilled unless their collection is complete. I also find it weird that one collector of crap thinks someone else collecting a different type of crap is weird. YOU'RE ALL WEIRD!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Could be worse.. He could be collecting the skulls of cows from old slaughterhouses..

..not that I ever done that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I happen to only collect childrens shoes.

And what do you do with the bodies?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Ye happened to me before when I was holiday, then when I got home everything was fine I had the means for my usual routine(shoe collection)-

Is there something thats recently changed in your life

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54735177&postcount=5

Roffs

This is getting outta hand.
    He's taking the piss people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Won't let me access it. Is it on Personal Issues (which I'm banned from)?
    Can you post the actual quote up?
    I don't know, jimbo. More than likely he is, but there are some freaks out there. Look up bluestripe11 on the Members List...

From link above, Dudess:
    manTime
    Ye happened to me before when I was holiday, then when I got home everything was fine I had the means for my usual routine(shoe collection)-

Is there something thats recently changed in your life

Yea, that pyjama dude is on a par with this guy alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I think this deserves some more consideration and reflection and stuff. Moved to its own thread.

manTime: Please, do go on.

lol
    Knew I'd seen this before. I said it at the time and I'll say it again; troll/dupe account.
    Funny how a mod will let this slide, even promote it but go doolally at it the rest of the year, even at people who feed them....festive season, eh?

But manTime is one of those trolls it would be a shame to ban. He's kinda like a sideshow freak.

Wertz wrote: »
    lol
    Knew I'd seen this before. I said it at the time and I'll say it again; troll/dupe account.
    Funny how a mod will let this slide, even promote it but go doolally at it the rest of the year, even at people who feed them....festive season, eh?

Oh shut up.
    Trolls are tolerated for a while as long as they're amusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I thought it had more merited humour buried inside the other thread but w/e.

So you're into the oul trains eh?

• Advertisement

Advertisement