Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Fines - Fake Address

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

could you elaborate??
    what i meant was...i lied because i was like "eh, is he actually fining me??? did he not hear what i've just explained?? can he not see that i'm sorry but that i meant no harm and i just want to get home"
    ....."no....ok....well then have this address then"

You lied, end of story. You're trying to make out that it's someone else's fault that you lied. This is an utter abdication of your responsibility on this front. It is up to you to have a ticket. I have never, ever, gotten on a train, or an underground or a bus anywhere, no matter how late at night without a valid ticket. And yes, I'm female, and yes I have been mugged not once, but twice but never at a bus/metro/underground/tram stop. If personal safety is all that important to you, you sort out the timetable in advance JUST IN CASE. And bring a taxi fare with you JUST IN CASE.

You were in the wrong. There is no excuse for it, and saying you were surprised into lying causes me some surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭kramerica

Red Alert wrote: »
    Would you go into a pub and get a pint telling the barman you couldn't be bothered the wait to pay for it?

You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a baby. You wouldn't shoot a policeman. And then steal his helmet. You wouldn't go to the toilet in his helmet. And then send it to the policeman's grieving widow. And then steal it again! Fare dodging on the LUAS is stealing. If you do it, you will face the consequences....

PS. 18 months ago it was hammering rain, the shelter was no, er, shelter... 2 of us got on with no ticket as we were soaked and running for a LUAS and facing a 15minute-ish gap til the next one. Got caught, I gave my ancient address (on purpose) and showed an old work ID badge. To date, never heard anything further.

Judging from the tone here, I'm subhuman scum! Seriously though, I always pay (that time makes my average about 98%!), I work, pay taxes, contribute to society, give to charity, love my mammy... Everyone drops the ball from time to time... I've no high-minded explanation, but also no attitude to people who feel they were caught in some sort of VERY inconvenient or extenuating circumstances. As one of the guys said earlier, look at how many ppl are over on the motoring board looking to get out of parking tickets!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement