Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breastfeeding on Public Transport.

Options
  • 18-12-2007 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

Ok, I got the 17:15 train from Connolly to Maynooth today (as I do every week day) And like every week day I usually see this woman with two children, she sits reletively near me each train ride. Today she sat across from me in the 4seater, the younger of her two children (a baby boy, im not good with children but if i had to i'd say he was about 1 year old) started crying, this continued on for ages, so i put in the headphones and drew my attention to the window... everything was fine... WRONG
    Next thing I notice out of my Peripheral Vision she takes the child out of the buggie, sits him on her lap, whips out a tit and starts feeding the child...
    I was actually stunned! I'd thought i'd seen it all, in regards to public transport Hijinks. I'm well aware that breastfeeding is a totally natural thing, but seriously ON A PACKED TRAIN? I darted looks from others around me, and as i expectied, those who did ntice were equally surprised and seemingly "made uncomfortable"

Anyone else think this is just not appropriate?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I've no problem with it. The hotter the better. Nothing like a bit of lesbian action to make a train ride more pleasant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

No. Get over it dude. Wouldn't have been worse if the kid screamed the train down?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Goat Mouth wrote: »
    I'm well aware that breastfeeding is a totally natural thing, but seriously ON A PACKED TRAIN? I darted looks from others around me, and as i expectied, those who did ntice were equally surprised and seemingly "made uncomfortable"

When ya have kids yourself what will you do when your kid is hungry and you are all on a packed train? Let it keep on screaming?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Get over it. You cannot chose when to breastfeed dude. If the baby is hungry they have to be fed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

i was on that train, didnt see that though. was she hot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Goat Mouth

TheGooner wrote: »
    When ya have kids yourself what will you do when your kid is hungry and you are all on a packed train? Let it keep on screaming?

:rolleyes:

I'll let it suck on my hair man-boob :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

OP, you got to see tit without having to chat her up. You should be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Goat Mouth wrote:
    Yes; plenty. Many of these people would probably also think she shouldn't have been on the train in the first place, especially when men are going/coming from work.

What exactly made you "uncomfortable"?
    Would you have felt "uncomfortable" if she hadn't fed a child with it? i.e. She just whipped it out for the hell of it.

I recommend watching La Teta i la lluna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Filthy carry on, I tell ya them wimmens should be covered up from head to toe so they should! :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Pics or gtfo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I think female nudity, breastfeeding or not, should be encouraged in public places

AdrianII wrote: »
    i was on that train, didnt see that though. was she hot

:D nah sorry, wasnt my type ;)

as for chatting her up, i got the feeling if i was seriously considering dating her, there be a little extra baggae to worry about...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I can think of a lot worse things to have happen on a packed train than a woman using her breast in the way nature intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Goat Mouth wrote: »
    Ok, I got the 17:15 train from Connolly to Maynooth today (as I do every week day) And like every week day I usually see this woman with two children, she sits reletively near me each train ride. Today she sat across from me in the 4seater, the younger of her two children (a baby boy, im not good with children but if i had to i'd say he was about 1 year old) started crying, this continued on for ages, so i put in the headphones and drew my attention to the window... everything was fine... WRONG
    Next thing I notice out of my Peripheral Vision she takes the child out of the buggie, sits him on her lap, whips out a tit and starts feeding the child...
    I was actually stunned! I'd thought i'd seen it all, in regards to public transport Hijinks. I'm well aware that breastfeeding is a totally natural thing, but seriously ON A PACKED TRAIN? I darted looks from others around me, and as i expectied, those who did ntice were equally surprised and seemingly "made uncomfortable"

Considering you wouldn't feel uncomfortable about tits on TV, in magazines, lapdancing clubs, page 3 etc, what exactly made you feel uncomfortable in this instance? The fear that you'd be turned on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I think women should be allowed breasfteed and men should be allowed reveive blowjobs in public. keep everyone happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

feylya wrote: »
    Pics or gtfo
    +1

Op: Grow up, perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Pics or gtfo
    I have a feeling the OP took a shnayky picture on his phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Hungry baby, breast full of milk. What should she have done?

Probably would have been more tactful to have a shawl or something to conceal the baby's feeding, but hey - get a life, man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

DIDDY!!!!!!

You should have asked if there was any going spare...

On a side not, when do babies stop breast feeding? 1 years old strikes me as being quite old???

DaveMcG wrote: »

:cool: ... howd you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

I know this is AH but this really says a lot more about you than it does about her.

The kid could have been starving and the mother might have felt that breastfeeding in public over letting the kid scream the train down was the lesser of two evils for her - or maybe she doesnt give a sh1t either way - I'd say the last thing on her mind was your discomfort. Fair play to her and shame on you sir for your opprobrium. You are a cad and a bounder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

DaveMcG wrote: »

Probably a vidiya of it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

DIDDY!!!!!!

You should have asked if there was any going spare...

Probably better than that uvf milk they serve on those trains :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Or that UHT milk, but there's no demand for that cos it's shoite:D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

AdrianII wrote: »
    Probably better than that uvf milk they serve on those trains :D

The LVF milk is worse I hear. Don't mention the UDA milk.

Now as for UHT milk - you're as well off pissing in your tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

If she gets her tits out she should have the common decency to get her vag out too, otherwise she is just a prick tease.
    I can think of a lot worse things to have happen on a packed train than a woman using her breast in the way nature intended.

One of the ways nature intended. They are also there so you can land a husband. Don't forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

If that lady had to have left her 1 year old baby screaming the place down for the whole journey, you'd probably have arrived home with a splitting head-ache and been on here giving out about the screaming child that this woman couldn't control on the train! :rolleyes: At least it contented the child for a while! More power to her.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Pics or gtfo
    Mental image of that scene from 'Me, Myself and Irene'... milk moustache :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭SingingCherry

I have to be perfectly honest, I don't like seeing it either, and I'm a woman. I don't know, I don't think it's appropriate to breastfeed on a train, natural or not. It's natural to take a **** too, but there is a time and a place (and it's not in the bread aisle in Tescos on Baggot Street...just saying). She could use a pump at home and feed the baby from a bottle with breast milk -- there are ways of feeding a child with breast milk without a breast coming out.

THAT SAID (before people jump all over me and call me inhuman and immature and all that carry on) I do realize that it is a RIGHT to let a woman breastfeed her child where and when she likes. Just because I don't agree with it doesn't mean it should be banned -- it means I need to just look away and get over it. You should probably adopt the same attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's natural to take a **** too, but there is a time and a place
    I'm getting tired of that argument which is ALWAYS used in breastfeeding threads (they're quite regular). You can't compare going for a dump with feeding a baby.

Advertisement