Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your most controversial opinions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

Abortion should be legalised

Cocaine is great stuff

We have enough polish here now so we need to stop letting them in

I hate screaming children

Every decision the govt make that has significant impact (such as cancer services etc) should be put to public vote as the government just make a balls of everything

People should have to get a licence to have children, like with dogs and tvs (yes britney we are looking at you)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Every decision the govt make that has significant impact (such as cancer services etc) should be put to public vote as the government just make a balls of everything

Couldn't we just get the public to vote in the government and let them make the decisions?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

Couldn't we just get the public to vote in the government and let them make the decisions?

No cos once they get in they just do what the f*ck they want. The people should still have the final say on major issues even when the govt is elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

No cos once they get in they just do what the f*ck they want. The people should still have the final say on major issues even when the govt is elected.

Yeah thats right the people because they usually make such a good choice with the one choice they get(choosing government) lets put all the important issues to a bunch of people who dont know nor care about many of the facts involved

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Degsy wrote: »
    A lot of "african americans" couldnt pick out africa on a map.
    A lot of people who write on bus shelters cant even spell thier own names properly.
    Fat people are fat because they consume too many calories and dont burn them off.
    The jews are the only people seeking compensation for the second world war.
    People who brag about how much they earn are usually lying.
    On the night of May 30/31 of the same year, Dublin's Northside was the target of a Luftwaffe air raid. Thirty-eight were killed and seventy houses were destroyed on Summerhill Parade, North Strand and the North Circular Road. The German government claimed the raid was an error and Germany paid compensation after the war.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emergency_%28Ireland%29#Dublin_bombing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Degsy wrote: »
    The jews are the only people seeking compensation for the second world war.

Thanks to Terry I had missed this one

http://romnews.com/community/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=92
    MINORITIES-GERMANY: Gypsies Seek World War II Recompense

MINORITIES-GERMANY: Gypsies Seek World War II Recompense By Yojana Sharma BERLIN, Sep 24 (IPS) - German gypsies have pitched claims for equal recognition alongside Jews for injustices suffered at the hands of the Nazis during World War II. Known also as Roma and Sinti, they are drawing attention to racial persecution which began in the 1930's and continued through World War II when they were herded into concentration camps, experimented upon, forced into slave labour and put to death.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Films that make +2 times their budget upon box office/cinema release should be pirated.

Companies/people/media that push the petty illusion of perfection through beauty should be criminalised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Cocaine is great stuff

:rolleyes:Moron:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Steyr wrote: »
    :rolleyes:Moron:rolleyes:

Infraction. ¬_¬

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

There's a few too many blacks and asians round my way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Black girls smell bad, really really bad. I went to school with about 30 of them, I have a few female Nigerian freinds and I have stood beside several dozen black females on the street over the last few years. They all smell unpleasant, alot of them are very very nice people and some of them are kind of good looking but they all fukking stink. Black men for some reason usually don't smell bad, neither do white, oriental or aisan females, it's just the black ones, I don't know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Metallic_Sky**

GerryRyan wrote: »
    I don't see a use for our national language - you can call me a traitor or whatever, I don't care - it has had its day.
    We're living in the past ... myself, and most posters here, have wasted literally thousands of hours in the classroom learning (being force-fed) it. Hours that could have been put to better use.

Speak/Learn the cupla focail in your own time, if you feel the need - but if I could just wave my magic wand I'd let it die.

Learn a language that you can use tbh

Well said. The Irish language is dead, now lets bury it and let it (and us) rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I think Pink shirts on men are gay. No exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

this is my controversial opinion, boards.ie has gone to S+HIT i laughed when i saw the title of this thread because i knew exactly the type of ignorant trash that would be spewd...and i was spot on, you really couldn't make it up. just an excuse to spout narrow minded bile...its actually embarrassing to think there are irish people out there like this..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Underarm hair on women can be sexy in a feminine sort of way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

grasshopa wrote: »
    Firefox is a memory leaking piece of crap.

It might seem **** if you just install it and expect it to be great. How about doing a little bit of research, to find what is causing it to under-perform. Laziness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

this is my controversial opinion, boards.ie has gone to S+HIT i laughed when i saw the title of this thread because i knew exactly the type of ignorant trash that would be spewd...and i was spot on, you really couldn't make it up. just an excuse to spout narrow minded bile...its actually embarrassing to think there are irish people out there like this..

Not all. Just the ten percent who can adequately use the web. Also this thread is designed to keep crap threads off of the main AH board to shut the hell up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

"You look good, you feel good" is not a good excuse. You're just a vain bastard.
    Music is dumb.
    Alcohol should be banned.
    Being a man and knowing anything about brands of clothing or judging other people by their 'dress sense' means you 'lyk teh c0k'.
    Halo 3 is a mediocre game as is Half-Life 2.
    Maths is fun.
    Abortion shouldn't be legal simply because in general it allows people to evade responsibility OK, that's not really why.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

People who have been convicted of serious crime should be branded or tattooed on a visible part of their body.

Eastern European women should wear baggier jeans, I am sick of looking at the camel toes on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

Davidius wrote: »
    "You look good, you feel good" is not a good excuse. You're just a vain bastard.
    Music is dumb.
    Alcohol should be banned.
    Being a man and knowing anything about brands of clothing or judging other people by their 'dress sense' means you 'lyk teh c0k'.
    Maths is fun.
    OK, that's not really why.
    me and you would not get on

at all at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Ballerina wrote: »
    me and you would not get on

at all at all.

Controversy:
    I disagree!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭DáireM

I think that everyone should have to learn Irish to a high level of fluency. I don't care if it's a "dead" language, it's up to us not to desert our heritage. This also applies to immigrants and their children.

DáireM wrote: »
    I think that everyone should have to learn Irish to a high level of fluency. I don't care if it's a "dead" language, it's up to us not to desert our heritage. This also applies to immigrants and their children.

The only reason to learn it would be to annoy foreigners and if they learn it it has no purpose!

The only reason to learn it would be to annoy foreigners and if they learn it it has no purpose!

I speak Irish to some of my friends and my family, we adopted English don't see why we can't re-introduce Irish!

Don't want to come across as an old fart or to have been influenced by others, neither of my parents are fantastic Irish speakers and showed no enthusiasm in school towards the language, I'm 17 by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

There's not even enough words - they take English words for modern things and Irish them up (e.g desk is deasc; Telephone is teileafón :rolleyes:) - that's jus fookin stupih

I speak Irish to some of my friends and my family, we adopted English don't see why we can't re-introduce Irish!

Don't want to come across as an old fart or to have been influenced by others, neither of my parents are fantastic Irish speakers and showed no enthusiasm in school towards the language, I'm 17 by the way.

Well than let them teach us the language first and tha how to write it!
    davyjose wrote: »
    There's not even enough words - they take English words for modern things and Irish them up (e.g desk is deasc; Telephone is teileafón :rolleyes:) - that's jus fookin stupih

Exactly! But its hard to find an account of the original Celtic that was in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I think that everyone should have to learn Irish to a high level of fluency.
    And what, be fined if they don't pass Irish tests? Maybe we should just force-feed them it for the entire 14 years of our education system. Oh wait...

There should be a toll for private cars entering Dublin city, dependent on the time of day and negatively related with how many people you have in the car.

We could do with a new constitution.

There should only be 100 TDs and half of them should be elected in terms of their party affiliation with the other half of them elected in larger constituencies by means of PR-STV.

Third-level fees should be re-introduced (on the condition that the thresholds for and level of maintenance grants are increased.)

Sorry, just to clarify; I'm not talking about putting a gun to people's heads. What I am talking about is actually teaching primary school teachers how to speak basic Irish and teach it to their classes, the standard of Irish of children going into secondary school is absolutely abysmal.

Someone doesn't pass the test, fair enough but at least they had every opportunity to learn our native tongue. At the very least it might change people's perceptions of Irish as a dead language if a few more people were able to speak it. I do think it should be compulsary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I do think it should be compulsary.
    Sorry, you mean the endless, soul-crushing years of toil and getting yelled at by psychotic, pre-menstrual fat-chicks with an obsession for terrorising children over the pronunciation of a fadà, was voluntary?

That must have been in the small print.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement