Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Computer says no....... Bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Went into holland and barrett yesterday to purchase cbd oil, as I’m in moderate pain with arthritis and heard this was the holy grail. Obviously I did my own little bit of research but read that different oils were different, some not as good as others. I spoke to another company in September who spoke at length about their products and the benefits etc.

So I approached the counter and asked the lady if they sold it. She pointed to two different strengths and I asked for a leaflet or some information on it and she became so rude and told me to do my own research and that she couldn’t speak to me about it, and there was no information to give. I’m just curious why they’re selling a product to sick people (I know it’s recommended for cancer patients people with epilepsy etc) when they are blatantly refusing to give information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Have Digital River ever dispatched something even close to the time frame advertised? And not a single peep from their customer service when contacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Permanent TSB:

Updating a phone number from abroad so I can be notified when they block my card for no reason. Apparently its news to them even when they ring me on the number I use daily.

After confirming my identity I then had to answer more security questions some of which I could not remember the answers to. So now they cannot simply update my phone number. When asked which questions I failed on I was told they couldnt tell me for security reasons. When I probed further they said somebody could impersonate me! HOW???!

When I asked to speak to a manager they put me back to the first person! Who then said to confirm my identity I had to post in two proofs of current address. To Dublin! No email or no scanning allowed.

It is truly like talking to trump supporters here. No matter what logic or common sense you come out with they have an answer that is mind boggling in that it does not bear any resemblance to normality.

Next time I'm home I'm closing the account. To keep blocking a card with money on it is offensive.

The whole Irish banking culture is rotten from the inside out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Went into holland and barrett yesterday to purchase cbd oil, as I’m in moderate pain with arthritis and heard this was the holy grail. Obviously I did my own little bit of research but read that different oils were different, some not as good as others. I spoke to another company in September who spoke at length about their products and the benefits etc.

So I approached the counter and asked the lady if they sold it. She pointed to two different strengths and I asked for a leaflet or some information on it and she became so rude and told me to do my own research and that she couldn’t speak to me about it, and there was no information to give. I’m just curious why they’re selling a product to sick people (I know it’s recommended for cancer patients people with epilepsy etc) when they are blatantly refusing to give information

They cant. Just as people here are not allowed to give medical advice. They can point you in the right direction but its is up to you to decide on whats best.

They are not a Chemist/Pharmacy.

My own best one is SuperValu. Barcode unknown? staff put it through as chewing gum. Saved €5 on that.

Worst- JD sports. Treat everyone like they are going to steal something. Horrible buying from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

prinzeugen wrote: »
    They cant. Just as people here are not allowed to give medical advice. They can point you in the right direction but its is up to you to decide on whats best.

They are not a Chemist/Pharmacy.

My own best one is SuperValu. Barcode unknown? staff put it through as chewing gum. Saved €5 on that.

Worst- JD sports. Treat everyone like they are going to steal something. Horrible buying from there.
    Well then I’d argue they shouldn’t be selling a product they can’t advise customers on.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Unfortunately that's the way it's gone now, Legally we are not allowed to say anything about cbd oil (even though we would like to), I work in an independent health food store and we would tell people to Google the uses of cbd on a daily basis as we need to protect ourselves and not make any claims.

She could have been nicer to you though and politely told you were to look for information.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

Well then I’d argue they shouldn’t be selling a product they can’t advise customers on.

It's not sold as a drug because the evidence isn't soild enough to support any claims surrounding it. There's evidence that CPD isn't harmful so it's sold as a "food supplement". The manufacturers legally cannot make any health claims regarding CPD oil or it falls into a different classification & would need to provide evidence.

I'd also be sketchy of the advice given in Holland & Barrett and the like. They have no formal education on the products they sell. If you need information ask a pharmacist, doctor or nurse who'll point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,407 ✭✭✭TheChizler

If you need information ask a pharmacist, doctor or nurse who'll point you in the right direction.
    And they certainly won't be pointing in the direction of CBD oil ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jenn.ie

Yes - the books for 2nd year were not delivered until well into Sept. Some of them were wrong. One of them (paid for in summer 2017) took 6 weeks to get from them. And the first year one was removed - even though it's still required for Junior Cert

I've never sent my kids back to school in Sept without their books !

Wriggle have unacceptable customer service...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into Best / Worst Customer Service thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Budget/Avis Car hire in the US.

Please folks for the love of god spend a little more and go for Alamo or someone half decent.

They gave me the downgrade on holidays and refused to swap, the car for me when the car i ordered came back in, so i asked for a refund of the difference. And they gave me $100, well below the difference. I've been battling with their phone/email support for the last month.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

AirBaltic lost a bag for 46 hours and are offering €20 for "essential items" when given receipts for >€200 (clothing and toiletries for 2 people for 2 days). Their strict liability under the Montreal Convention is capped at over €1,300.

Time for European Small Claims, with all the effort involved.

Shout out to An Post for delivering my parsel containing a radio control box before year end

• Registered Users Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

PTSB

Sweet suffering Jesus... 4 times in the last 4 months they've blocked my card. I bought a set of wheels online and the transaction was blocked, took me hours to get through and have my card unblocked, I was left with no cash on a Friday morning. They thought it was an unusual transaction... I spend a fortune on bike stuff and they thought buying from a main bike part website was unusual.

The next was a company in Australia I had to make three payments to, they blocked the first, no problem, it was an unusual transaction, processed in the early hours here and on the other side of the planet. Got it sorted the following morning and told them it was fine and there would be more payments to that company. The next two transactions were also blocked and same thing, making me look like a dick with the company and each one costing me at least 30minutes on hold

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

PTSB

Sweet suffering Jesus... 4 times in the last 4 months they've blocked my card. I bought a set of wheels online and the transaction was blocked, took me hours to get through and have my card unblocked, I was left with no cash on a Friday morning. They thought it was an unusual transaction... I spend a fortune on bike stuff and they thought buying from a main bike part website was unusual.

The next was a company in Australia I had to make three payments to, they blocked the first, no problem, it was an unusual transaction, processed in the early hours here and on the other side of the planet. Got it sorted the following morning and told them it was fine and there would be more payments to that company. The next two transactions were also blocked and same thing, making me look like a dick with the company and each one costing me at least 30minutes on hold

Get a revolut card and transfer amount onto that you need, much better exchange rates also.
    Think they doing a deal at the moment of free actual card as you can run a virtual card on your phone app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ajkhashan

I hired des kelly to do my newly bought home. Big mistake.. not just the job wasn’t done properly and I had to hire someone else to fix it , the left the house in total mess . They didn’t bother to clean anything and left so many sharp objects every where.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

For carpeting or what?

Merged into best/ worst thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

I had a problem with my local supervalu and sent in a complaint by email... I was a bit upset as I didn't hear anything back... forgot about it though.

About 6 months later I got a letter of Musgraves apologising that nobody had gotten back to me.. they said that they take all complains seriously and there was a 100 euro voucher for supervalu! I was very happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Get a revolut card and transfer amount onto that you need, much better exchange rates also.
    Think they doing a deal at the moment of free actual card as you can run a virtual card on your phone app.

It's done and dusted now, plus it was a euro payment

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭KinnegadKid

Evening Folks
    Just giving ye all a heads up about this website/company.
    Don't use them for cheap accomodation deals.
    Steer well clear of them.No customer service,no refunds nothing.Bad News.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Evening Folks
    Just giving ye all a heads up about this website/company.
    Don't use them for cheap accomodation deals.
    Steer well clear of them.No customer service,no refunds nothing.Bad News.

Theres no details.?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

anewme wrote: »
    Theres no details.?

They put the details in the title, which you can't view on mobile. It's called OneHappyWallet apparently?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Ordered a parcel which was to be delivered by ups, after it taking over three weeks went online to track it and seen it had being sitting in a warehouse five mins from me the last two weeks and scanned every day, rang customer care and they stated they didn't have a full address or phone number, both of which had being provided along with an eir code and told them that I would contact the company that sent it to see what address was provided, next thing I knew it was at my door within five minutes via nightline, hate a delivery service that cant deliver!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Just wanted to make other buyers aware of my experience with DecorOnline (www.decoronline.ie)

This is a website only company selling modern furniture.

I bought a BADU table from them for over €800 which was delivered in Dec 2015. The top was warped and replaced Spring 2016. This top was also warped but despite huge efforts on my part to get a resolution I have completely failed to do so. Top is now very unsightly as it is wearing very poorly and unevenly due to the warping. Have brought a small claim, no response.

There is no scope for leaving a google or yelp review as this business does not have a location on the map. So I am leaving a review here in total frustration and hoping it might save other people from a similar experience.

TL:DR Table quality extremely poor. Customer service non-existent. AVOID

Merged into Best/Worst Customer Service thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

ellee wrote: »
    Just wanted to make other buyers aware of my experience with DecorOnline (www.decoronline.ie)

This is a website only company selling modern furniture.

I bought a BADU table from them for over €800 which was delivered in Dec 2015. The top was warped and replaced Spring 2016. This top was also warped but despite huge efforts on my part to get a resolution I have completely failed to do so. Top is now very unsightly as it is wearing very poorly and unevenly due to the warping. Have brought a small claim, no response.

There is no scope for leaving a google or yelp review as this business does not have a location on the map. So I am leaving a review here in total frustration and hoping it might save other people from a similar experience.

TL:DR Table quality extremely poor. Customer service non-existent. AVOID

I've added it to Google Maps so you can leave a review now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

Good
    Got a Fitbit Versa last July in Arnotts and last weekend I noticed that all of a sudden the battery wasn't lasting the day, and went down very quickly. So I contacted their online chat and within 10 minutes of them checking my account (they could see my battery usage) I was sent an email with a link to order a replacement. Now I know this should be the case, but still its nice that it could all be sorted within 10 minutes. Nice one Fitbit ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

Best has to be Air Canada. Travelling to Canada shortly after 9/11 I missed a connecting flight in Heathrow. There was a Mother travelling on her own with a small crying baby who had obviously pooped his nappy in front of me in the queue at the connections desk in Heathrow getting rebooked on another flight. Mother was very stressed at this stage. Whilst one Air Canada staff member sorted out the rebooking, the other took the baby and the nappy bag, got the changing mat out and changed the nappy and cleaned the baby up in about 2 minutes and then got a bottle out of the bag and started feeding the baby as well. Result, stress levels way down in 5 minutes.

Air Canada also replaced a bag that got damaged for me at no cost and no quibble, I love them.

Contrast that with Subway in Dundrum a couple of weeks ago who told me in a snotty voice that they "don't do butter" on their rolls. His attitude e so annoyed me I mailed Subway with a complaint. Never responded. Cold day in hell before I darken on of their stores again.

Advertisement