Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Canceled flight and it took 1 day short of 6 months to get anything back from them.

So much for been what they like to think as Ireland's premium Airline they offer a shoddy service at times and little or no customer service.

They canceled a flight I had booked, not for a technical or weather seasons, in fact going by what one of their agents told me she couldn't see a reason. I suspect from what she told me it was because they had little or no bookings. The flight was canceled a couple of months in advance.

I have to say on checking back on my last dozen or so flights with them, they have canceled, rescheduled or been very late on all but one flight. I have to say I am sick of them.

Flight by Aerlingus from Lisbon to Dublin.

Flight held on the tarmac at Lisbon for 90 minutes, without internal aircon etc while waiting on a 'critical passenger'.

Ronan XXXXXXX and his Missus turn up with mad sheepish looks on their face- there is an apology of sorts over the intercom from the pilot- and we take off.

Everyone is swearing blue murder and muttering nasty comments.........

Eventually we taxi in to Dublin- but at the very last possible second- the landing is aborted- and the flight circles for attempt no. 2.

No. 2 attempt- similarly aborted- however, I suspect the wheels did in fact touch the tarmac.

Attempt no. 3- aborted at a higher altitude (well at about 20 feet). No contact to passengers from the cockpit- and everyone is petrified, one flight attendant is actually crying- and some passengers who probably declare themselves as athiest- start a prayer group and try to encourage other passengers to join in.

Nothing at all from the cockpit.

Look out the window 15 minutes later- and we're obviously back over the Irish sea (probably off the coast of Wicklow somewhere).

I get nasty looks from one flight attendant for advising my then fiancé that the flight is burning off fuel- and we'll probably make one final attempt to land in Dublin.

Still nothing from the cockpit.

Another 20 minutes later- pilot comes on over the intercom advising passengers that we will be making one final attempt to land at Dublin- however, it is going to be an emergency landing- please follow the instructions of the cabin crew.

The cabin crew are in bits- but it goes round to brace for landing- as per the card in the front pocket.

Flight touches down, light as a feather- with multiple fire tenders chasing us down the runway and ambulances at the ready.

We wait at the end of the runway for 20 minutes- before a set of steps arrives- and buses to bring us back to the terminal.

Our celebrity passenger is green in the face.

No comment or explanation from the cockpit.

Flight landed approx 3 hours late- my inlaws were supposed to be collecting us- but had gone home again- as there was no indication what was happening with the flight.

Multiple e-mails, and 1 registered letter seeking an explanation after the flight- no explanation whatsoever received.

I'd have chased it further- only my mother-in-law had a serious stroke the following day.

A year later- brought it up with ground-crew- and was told 'we're not to discuss the operational issues that occurred that day'.

Only continue to use them- because the abuse I've gotten from Ryanair- involving flights that never turn up- despite having passed through security and being stuck airside for 48 hours (in Carcassone) pales in comparison to the abuse I've gotten from Aerlingus.

Passengers, are treated as inconvenient and best ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MaggiDoyle

Awful company, please avoid using them if at all possible. Their customer services is non existent. They have no presence in Ireland, everything is outsourced to overseas companies and they have no idea of the geography of Ireland. I reckon they think we are part of the UK.... They have overcharged, lost deliveries for several weeks, lost original orders entirely, delivered damaged goods, etc. etc. And constantly blame someone else. When they cannot answer a query, i.e. if it is not extremely simple, they "cannot hear you" on the telephone and promptly hang up. Their online chat is even worse, I've lost quite literally hours online trying to resolve queries, only to get no further at the end of it. They promise to call you back, but never do, when you ring to ask, they say they tried and the phone rang out, yet no sign of a missed call. Keep away, please, please please. Do not use them. I would rather save until I am old and grey than be sent prematurely grey from the stress these people cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged in to the megathread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Chill insurance: i moved house and went to notify chill about this. They tried landing a 35 Euro admin fee to change the address. They said if I didn’t pay, material facts not matching would mean in the event of loss and or a claim they may not pay. Feeling cornered by the guy, I challenged him. After getting the same repetitive bull about admin fees/broker fees over a simple address change I hustled him to break down my 35 Euro and tell me why I had to pay so much. This went back and forth and when I pushed to speak to a supervisor I waited 5 mins only to hear that all material facts have been changed but the documents will not be sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

I bought an item on Littlewoods on March 29th. Expected delivery was April 11th.

I left a note on Littlewoods to leave parcel with any neighbour on the terrace i live on if there was no answer.

Fella from the Fastway depot rings me and tells me there has been two attempted deliveries which there most definitely wasn't.
    Arranges for parcel to be sent out next day which i said to leave with any neighbour if no answer or just ring me and we will sort something.

Still no parcel next day and over the weekend, so i ring him again in the depot and he tells me he has the parcel in his hand and that there was an administrator error and the parcel was never registered or something in the first place which of course means there was never any attempted deliveries as per phone call in the first place.

Still no item next day so rang and same story about admin error and it be sent out today and i swear as i write this, the parcel has just been delivered. 11 days after being loaded onto van in Dublin and being lied to about attempted deliveries, several phone calls etc. It was my first purchase on Littlewoods and as long as they use Fastway, it be my last.

Talking to the customer care on Littlewoods earlier, i couldn't make heads nor tails on a very bad line talking to someone with broken english, so i reckon it would of been a job and a half trying to get a refund off them if it was needed.

Of course these things can happen, don't mind a delay but this just left a sour taste for me.

4 April, 2018 17:44:00 Sorted at Shaw Sort
    6 April, 2018 07:14:00 Loaded onto van ROI DUBLIN
    7 April, 2018 09:04:00 Loaded onto van ROI DUBLIN
    13 April, 2018 10:08:00 Loaded onto van ROI DUBLIN
    17 April, 2018 01:45:00 Received at ROI DUBLIN
    17 April, 2018 09:23:00 Loaded onto van ROI DUBLIN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Rayolight

Just had my HOOVER washing machine removed from my home and it almost cracked my kitchen tiles as the old slab held within fell out, a total disgrace had it only 5 years, your firm no help to me at all and let me down a sa loyal client I expected a bit of assistance, constantly had to chase you guys with calls which I only got one returned - and you have lost me as a customer. SNIP! your Customer Service Manager could not even return a call to me, and if anyone asks me for advise or who should you go to for products rest assured DID will not be in the mention. Powercity offered fantastic customer service and got my business for a new machine and offered free delivery and installed it today less than 24 hours after order.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Moved here from Home Entertainment, failed to merge with Best/Worst thread, mea culpa, Mods can you oblige ?

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Your washing machine failed after 5 years and this is somehow did's fault? I don't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Out of interest what did you expect DID to do in this situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Powercity offered fantastic customer service and got my business for a new machine and offered free delivery and installed it today less than 24 hours after order

Power City sold you a machine, how can you compare that to DID not covering something that was out of warranty?
    Do you think Power City would have covered the scenario in your OP, or maybe they’d re-tile your kitchen seeing as your tiles almost got cracked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,214 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I had an issue with hoover i bought in Did it was replaced no issue at all, found them fine to deal with.

I would think a 5yo machine is way out of warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

This is my favourite thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

OP registered on boards to complain about DID not standing over a 5 year old washing machine?

Wtf OP? That machine on average has done almost 2000 washes.... it hardly owes you anything.

Maybe organise a protest. We could March on the Dail. Ffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Well that was a difficult read. Wtf OP its a 5 year old machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭daheff

Uncharted wrote: »
    Wtf OP? That machine on average has done almost 2000 washes.... it hardly owes you anything.
    how do you work out 2k washes? thats more than 1a day every day for 5 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

My HOOOOOVER washing machine from DID is still going strong after 12 years. With kids it's sometimes going up to 3 times a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

daheff wrote: »

Youre forgetting the big wash of a Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Last Whirlpool I had included 8 years of parts ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I always have a soft spot for DID. I bought a fancy flatscreen around 2005 in DID for €2000 (ah, the days before kids!). A few days later Currys dropped the price of the same tv to €1500. I was gutted as DID did price match at the time. I chanced my arm and went back to DID explaining how the price had gone down since and they only bloody gave €500 notes back! Long live DID.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

The hoover machines coming from DID are obviously lower quality than those from Power City. SHAME ON YOU DID

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

I'll not hear a bad word said about DID.

6 years ago, i had a range cooker that needed a new hinge. I didn't buy the cooker in DID, but i knew they were a supplier and went in to ask about ordering parts.

The sales guy heads in the back and comes out with the part. Says they have a few returns that they keep for times like this and here i go. No charge.

Fast forward to last year and i buy a juicer. Great unit till it starts leaking around the blade drive. Bring it back minus the box and receipt.

They swap it immediately and apologise about it. Telling be that the rep is due in and they'll bring it up with him.
    Following day i get a call from the juicer rep apologising.

Fast forward to earlier this year. We buy a house, comes with all appliances from DID. But we don't need a dryer. Ask the foreman can we swap it out for a second freezer for the utility. No way, contract bla bla, we'd have to do it for everyone yady yada.

So i ring DID. Tell them the craic. Yes, of course. The price of your dryer is x, so drop in whenever and we'll go through the freezers. Picked out a freezer, which was a wee bit more expensive but they let me off. Following day DID van rocks up, takes away the dryer for one of the other houses, and installs our new freezer and takes away the packaging.

Best customer service I've received.

10/10 would buy from again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Rayolight wrote: »
    Just had my HOOVER washing machine removed from my home and it almost cracked my kitchen tiles as the old slab held within fell out, a total disgrace had it only 5 years, your firm no help to me at all and let me down a sa loyal client I expected a bit of assistance, constantly had to chase you guys with calls which I only got one returned - and you have lost me as a customer. SNIP! your Customer Service Manager could not even return a call to me, and if anyone asks me for advise or who should you go to for products rest assured DID will not be in the mention. Powercity offered fantastic customer service and got my business for a new machine and offered free delivery and installed it today less than 24 hours after order.

I'm sure had you bought a new machine from DID, they would also have delivered and installed it and taken the old one away.
    I'll await the new thread in 5 years when the machine from Power City fails...

daheff wrote: »

365×5=1825.

That's a low average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

365×5=1825.

That's a low average.

Not in my house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭SteM

365×5=1825.

That's a low average.

A wash every day of the year? If you work in an abattoir maybe.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

This thread is turning into one of those clickbait ads you see:

A consumer decided to complain about DID, what happened next will blow your mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,892 ✭✭✭✭anewme

That made me laugh above.

Thus is the type of customer that really needs to cop on and is every shop assistants or customer care staffs nightmare.

From the over dramatic “buy in DID at your peril” because a 5 year old washing machine broke and then naming and shaming employees because he’s not getting entertained. I don’t blame them not ringing back.

We deal with customers and ones like that “my floor tile nearly cracked” or similar outraged doomsday’scenarios always get little or no help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭enricoh

If you are going on a rant please use CAPITAL LETTERS for the entire rant, it is much more effective!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,892 ✭✭✭✭anewme

delly wrote: »
    This thread is turning into one of those clickbait ads you see:

A consumer decided to complain about DID, what happened next will blow your floor tile !

Changed it to suit.

• Advertisement

SteM wrote: »
    A wash every day of the year? If you work in an abattoir maybe.

No. 3 teenagers. Almost the same thing

Advertisement