Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭older i get better i was

Don't go near, I switched last month and got promised sun moon stars now I can't get an answer from them hours wasted on hold. I'm supposed to get the netatmo smart thermostat as part of the offer not a whisper from them I've tried email phone etc, shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭poxon

Fastway - worst courier ever!!!
    This “company” is a disgrace - it`s like they are having random list of issues and you must get at least one each time. So far I got:
    1. Parcel was in Dublin Depot for over a week. Courier couldn`t find the address. Dublin 2, big office, one of main streets in the middle of biggest City in Ireland. Address is very easy to find with literally every tool known to humanity - from printed map to fancy navigation systems.
    2. Parcel "Loaded onto van FASTWAY DUBLIN" for multiple days. No changes in Status.
    3. Parcel to be delivered at Tuesday. I was going on holidays and I was home for three days before (Tuesday-Thursday)- two days in a row at the end of the day on their tracking system there was a message "Attempted delivery, no one was available to collect parcel" at third day it changed to "no phone number attached". I left for holidays at Friday without my delivery.
    4. Couriers leaving parcels anywhere around (random stores, pizza places, even other apartments)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Great experience with Parcel Motel recently.

I got a notification from them to collect a parcel, but I couldn't remember ordering anything. When I collected and opened it, it was a second-hand item sent without any documentation. It had my name, alright, but didn't have my Parcel Motel ID or even mention Parcel Motel on the label at all (i.e. the address was just Vojera, same road as Parcel Motel, Newtownabbey).

I rang them up to ask about it and with a bit of digging they told me that the reason it went to my account is that I'm the only person on their database who spells my forename that particular way, but they gave me a reference to put on the parcel and send it back to them, refunded me the cost of the stay and also gave me credit for an additional three stays to apologise. This was without prompting too, I didn't ask them for anything other than what to do with this parcel that I didn't own.

Handy to have that credit coming up to Christmas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,211 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I took a risk and ordered a christmas present from amazon last tuesday and picked free delivery. I was expecting it to be a very close thing as to whether it arrived before christmas. It was delivered by courier on sunday evening. Happy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I took a risk and ordered a christmas present from amazon last tuesday and picked free delivery. I was expecting it to be a very close thing as to whether it arrived before christmas. It was delivered by courier on sunday evening. Happy out.

Shock Horror I had a similar experience with Amazon and iParcel!!!

But we have a new driver for Fastway in the area and he even stops to get a signature :eek:

Last two deliveries with Fastway and this new driver have been good and he's stopped for a signature, previous 20 or more deliveries with Fastway have been signed for by driver and left on at the gate often out in the rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I took a risk and ordered a christmas present from amazon last tuesday and picked free delivery.
    Similar here, ordered thursday evening and due to arrive tomorrow, I was also "free" delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

poxon wrote: »
    Fastway - worst courier ever!!!
    This “company” is a disgrace - it`s like they are having random list of issues and you must get at least one each time. So far I got:
    1. Parcel was in Dublin Depot for over a week. Courier couldn`t find the address. Dublin 2, big office, one of main streets in the middle of biggest City in Ireland. Address is very easy to find with literally every tool known to humanity - from printed map to fancy navigation systems.
    2. Parcel "Loaded onto van FASTWAY DUBLIN" for multiple days. No changes in Status.
    3. Parcel to be delivered at Tuesday. I was going on holidays and I was home for three days before (Tuesday-Thursday)- two days in a row at the end of the day on their tracking system there was a message "Attempted delivery, no one was available to collect parcel" at third day it changed to "no phone number attached". I left for holidays at Friday without my delivery.
    4. Couriers leaving parcels anywhere around (random stores, pizza places, even other apartments)

I feel your pain

They no longer answer the phone.

Just says to email them

436748.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Absolutely amazing service from DPD Parcel Wizard on the 23rd Dec (Saturday)!

A Christmas present ordered on the 11th Dec, but not posted by the company until mid Christmas week, arrived to DPD's depot on Friday 22nd. I contacted DPD to make sure they would deliver on the 23rd, but they explained that only medical supplies and failed deliveries from the previous day were being delivered as it is a Saturday.

The young lady I spoke with said that, as it was a Christmas present, she would ask the staff in the depot to locate the parcel & send to their Naas depot so that I could collect it myself.

I was so delighted as it was a surprise present for my wonderful hubby.

She was true to her word, and I got a notification that night to say it was on its way.

In the mean time I had phoned our usual DPD driver to see if he was about on the Saturady & he immediatley offered to deliver the item to my door!!! (I live in a very rural location)

I had only phoned him to see if I could maybe meet him somewhere, but he said he would call to the house!!!

Unbelievably great service...well beyond the call of duty.

So impressed by DPD...they have never let me down unlike Parcel Motel & AddressPal!!

Thank you so much Alfie from DPD! :):o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Bought a bed, mattress and headboard from Harvey Norman in November. They delivered it on the 19th December ( this was fine, we weren't in a hurry)

But when it arrived, the bed was scuffed on the corners, the feet of it were broken. Peices missing to clip it together, mattress covered in mud on the side, headboard couldn't be connected-disaster.

Rang straight away and were given a number for customer service in Dublin which had closed 2 hours prior to delivery (eyeroll) husband went straight out to the local HN shop and the manager couldn't have been more helpful, got us a replacement the next morning(20th December) until the one we originally ordered was back in stock which ended up being the 22nd December.

Resolved very quick with lots of apologies from the manager Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭adrian92

Terrible experience with the newly refurbished shop in Maugheraboy, Sligo. Great staff. Machines have replaced people entirely. This shop used to be proud of supporting local employment. Even a bank has one person .
    Tough on the staff and customers.

Good for profit, presumably.

Is it the national policy of Centra to replace problem with machines?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

adrian92 wrote:
    Terrible experience with the newly refurbished shop in Maugheraboy, Sligo. Great staff. Machines have replaced people entirely. This shop used to be proud of supporting local employment. Even a bank has one person . Tough on the staff and customers.

There are no staff on site?

If so, must be very weird

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into best / worst customer service megathread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

michellie wrote: »
    Bought a bed, mattress and headboard from Harvey Norman in November. They delivered it on the 19th December ( this was fine, we weren't in a hurry)

But when it arrived, the bed was scuffed on the corners, the feet of it were broken. Peices missing to clip it together, mattress covered in mud on the side, headboard couldn't be connected-disaster.

Rang straight away and were given a number for customer service in Dublin which had closed 2 hours prior to delivery (eyeroll) husband went straight out to the local HN shop and the manager couldn't have been more helpful, got us a replacement the next morning(20th December) until the one we originally ordered was back in stock which ended up being the 22nd December.

Resolved very quick with lots of apologies from the manager Tony.

Would this be Harvey Norman in Nutgrove?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,977 ✭✭✭thesandeman

adrian92 wrote: »
    Terrible experience with the newly refurbished shop in Maugheraboy, Sligo. Great staff. Machines have replaced people entirely. This shop used to be proud of supporting local employment. Even a bank has one person .
    Tough on the staff and customers.

Good for profit, presumably.

Is it the national policy of Centra to replace problem with machines?

What's there? Vending machines?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Bought a gas soldering iron in my local Lidl on Monday. Within an hour it stopped working - wouldn't heat up. I sent a message to their CS that night and the next morning I received a text from them. A replacement had been reserved for me (was one of the specials so can sell out quickly) in my local store. Just collected my replacement and it's working great.

Brilliant and extremely fast support from Lidl so a big thumbs up from me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

today I was in a store looking at items that a staff member had tidied, I was looking for an item in a different colour so lifted the bulky items gently up to see if there was other colors underneath. I was super surprised to be approached by a member of staff and asked not to touch the items she just folded but more surprised that she put her hands on me as I walked away from her

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

The one and only EIR ,cc really sucks,sucks,sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KCBringg

I set up an account with Tesco recently and initially could not place an order as the address I entered was assigned to another business. That's fine, I contacted customer care and they fixed the address. So I placed my first order on 20th March to be delivered on 21st between 8pm and 10pm. I came into the office this morning to discover the order never arrived. Naturally I logged into the Tesco site to see the order status as delivered??? Tried contacting the "Tesco.ie Grocery" line which clearly does not work. After much digging around and trying multiple numbers I found one that worked. I explained the customer care agent what had happened. She said that the order was returned to the depot by the driver as the address could not be found...I then explained that I had the Tesco customer care fix the address and asked why the driver did not call the number (my mobile) on the account. She then said the home, work and mobile number on the account was full of zeros??? I was terribly confused at this stage and ultimately loosing faith in the Tesco delivery system entirely. After fixing the address (again) and updating the zeros to my number, I then asked if she could arrange for the order to be delivered at the next available slot... I was told that I would have to re-order all of the items again and find another delivery slot myself?

I felt I had no option other than to request a full refund and for my account to be deleted. Needless to say, I don't feel my expectations are unrealistic but for a service that is designed to specifically create efficiency I did not see any at all. Even the refund will take up to 5 working days.

Absolutely shocking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good
    A shout out for Revenue.ie

Did my tax return Monday night (27th) and email this morning saying refund is on it's way to the bank. Great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Had a great experience with Spotify today. When I signed up a few years ago you had to use your Facebook account to join, which was grand, but I've decided to disable all 3rd party apps on my account, which would mean losing Spotify.

Asked their live chat for help this morning and 15 minutes later I had my new account set up with all my saved music and playlists on it, and because I had two days of premium left on the account I was closing, they threw in a month of premium for free on my new account.

Very smooth process, really happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Electric Ireland Rewards didn't work on my gas account for some reason - contacted them via Twitter, issue solved the next day with the points for all my bills back to the start + the 250 for joining which I didn't expect as my electricity one had been working were added immediately.

Compared to nearly a year pulling teeth with Supervalu over a significant missing RealRewards points on their end (sorted though) this was amazingly fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

L1011 wrote: »
    - contacted them via Twitter, issue solved the next day
    I find twitter or facebook to be the quickest way to get responses, I would usually just have enquiries rather than complaints. I think those sales@company.com emails might get sent to various people/departments and they presume someone else might look after it. While people set to look after twitter/facebook seem to be more enthusiastic and want to be seen to be responding fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ruff says flaherty

Has anyone been asked to send Facebook a copy of their ID/passport etc to verify their details and access their account? I sent them the stuff about a year ago and have heard nothing. I am locked out of logging into any new devices, so am just on the one account where I never logged out. I changed my password on the account I am logged into, but still can't log into any device without being asked to verify ID. It's a bit crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

Aviva - Good - Got my renewal quote the other day. Emailed them yesterday to ask for genuine quote and was called today by a very good representative who had the ability and power to actually do something. He went through the quote, with no bullsh*t. Came up with a slightly lower quote which he is posting out to me. Simple, professional, & no bullsh*t.

eir - TERRIBLE - I’d get too annoyed recounting all the hassles I’ve had with them and I’d be typing until next month. Let’s just say, I’ve never come across such a poor company for customer service. Most of the reps on the phone are nice but it seems the company is a mess behind the scenes so a lot of the time they’re ill informed or can’t actually do anything. Also I’d there anything more frustrating that ringing up about broadband not working to be told 7 times that you can go online to fix your query, before actually getting to talk to a human. Furthrrmore their chat online reps are completely useless.

Has anyone had to deal with the Department of social welfare in any capacity? Now they are on another planet when it comes to poor customer service

Has anyone had to deal with the Department of social welfare in any capacity? Now they are on another planet when it comes to poor customer service

Unfortunately yes. It seems to be part of their job description to be as awkward as possible in other to deter people. I’d say it works quite well as they can be so painful to deal with meaning a lot of people just give up.

Good luck

GSOIRL wrote: »
    Unfortunately yes. It seems to be part of their job description to be as awkward as possible in other to deter people. I’d say it works quite well as they can be so painful to deal with meaning a lot of people just give up.

Good luck

I think you may be giving them too much credit saying it is tactical

I think you may be giving them too much credit saying it is tactical

You might be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PaddyGannon

Canceled flight and it took 1 day short of 6 months to get anything back from them.

So much for been what they like to think as Ireland's premium Airline they offer a shoddy service at times and little or no customer service.

They canceled a flight I had booked, not for a technical or weather seasons, in fact going by what one of their agents told me she couldn't see a reason. I suspect from what she told me it was because they had little or no bookings. The flight was canceled a couple of months in advance.

I have to say on checking back on my last dozen or so flights with them, they have canceled, rescheduled or been very late on all but one flight. I have to say I am sick of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merging into the Best / Worst Customer Service thread

dudara

Advertisement