Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Duplicate post deleted and merged into Best/Worst customer Service thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good
    DERICKOO wrote: »
    quote@' If the dispatches all had tracking numbers then they were sent by Amazon?

What do i do if they arrive next week send them back after being refunded.

If you wish to you can. Or just contact them to see if you can pay again. I have done this and was told to keep the items with their apologies for any inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Sarn wrote: »
    Is it possible that some might have been seized if they were considered to be medicines? Although I'm sure you would have been contacted about it by now. Saying that, Amazon deliveries have gotten appalling.

ya maybe one or two but all seven no

If you wish to you can. Or just contact them to see if you can pay again. I have done this and was told to keep the items with their apologies for any inconvenience.

None was valued above €8 most 3 to 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good
    DERICKOO wrote: »
    None was valued above €8 most 3 to 5

So?

• Advertisement

So?
    should have added none has been delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

http://www.kenilworthelectrical.ie/

Hi all!

Just wanted to post about a recent amazing experience I had with Kenilworth Electrics, Harold's Cross.

Got a De'Longhi Automatic Coffee Machine as a present for Christmas.

After two days, it went caput completely.

No receipt & no idea where it was purchased (& couldn't ask) so rang Powercity (whom I always deal with) for advice.

They gave me the details for the official service centre for the brand (Kenilworth Electrics).

I phoned & a lovely chap named NIck couldn't have been more helpful.

I brought the machine in that day & he immediately set to work on it right in front on me.

Another chap, Stephen, took over after a while as there was a serious issue with it.

Eventually, Stephen advised that the 'motherboard' & the grinder were faulty.

I could actually see the issue was definitely electrical/cpu related just watching them work!

I asked about the repair cost & he estimated at least €150!

I had explained on the phone that I didn't know where the machine had been purchased & had no receipt.

At this point I thanked them & decided to take the machine back.

However, Stephen asked me to leave it with him & he would see what he could do. He said he'd call me in two or three days.

I live about an hour away & was concerned about having to drive back again but he assured me they would return it by courier for €10 so no worries.

I literally had just arrived home when Stephen rang me to say that the machine was fixed!!! :eek:

And even more outstanding - he had contacted De'Longhi who had agreed to cover the repair under warranty!

So no charge!!

All of this from a small shop in Harold's Cross in which I had never previously stood in nor purchased from!

A new motherboard and grinder have been fitted, and there is now a record of the machine in their shop so Stephen told me it is covered for future (unlikely) issues.

I had been in the shop for about an hour whilst the two lads worked on the machine.

It is a very small shop so each time a customer came in, I could not avoid hearing their conversation. Three people came in with products that had been purchased prior to Christmas.

In every case, Stephen or Nick assisted the customer in a friendly & courteous manner.

Each person left the shop with a replacement item, no questions asked!

All three items were completely different so not a faulty batch.

One person was like me & had no receipt but the lads knew the item had been bought there by the customer.

I honestly could not get over the level of customer service.

It was like stepping back 40 years to when local shops traded on their reputation, etc. :)

I am not in any way affiliated with this business & have never been there before but will definitely be back!

Highly recommend this shop to anyone needing any new electrical equipment. :)

http://www.kenilworthelectrical.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Hi guys, I just wanted to leave a note here re Boohoo.com and how terrible they were the last time I ordered from them. I couldn't find any similar thread on them so here you go.
    I live in Canada (I'm Irish) and never had issues with them before I moved here. I placed an order on Black Friday (last Nov), and was due to have my stuff within 8 days. Well you can guess what happened, or didn't happen.... I didn't recieve my order til 3 weeks later.
    In the meantime I sent countless messages and emails to them, via Facebook, Twitter and email. Every response I got was a generic 'send us your order number and we'll help you'. I literally had to plaster their social media platforms to get their help. They claimed my order was stuck in customs, which was what they were saying to every other person who was complaining... Regardless of whether they were in the US or Canada. Has anyone else had such issues? I couldnt get anyone to help me, and despite repeatedly asking them to cancel my order as by the time I got it I no longer wanted it, they refused. Absolutely appalling, and they don't have ANY customer service skills. I can't even begin to count the number of attempts I made to get them to help.

I'd be curious to see has anyone else had problems?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

Ray37 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I just wanted to leave a note here re Boohoo.com and how terrible they were the last time I ordered from them. I couldn't find any similar thread on them so here you go.
    I live in Canada (I'm Irish) and never had issues with them before I moved here. I placed an order on Black Friday (last Nov), and was due to have my stuff within 8 days. Well you can guess what happened, or didn't happen.... I didn't recieve my order til 3 weeks later.
    In the meantime I sent countless messages and emails to them, via Facebook, Twitter and email. Every response I got was a generic 'send us your order number and we'll help you'. I literally had to plaster their social media platforms to get their help. They claimed my order was stuck in customs, which was what they were saying to every other person who was complaining... Regardless of whether they were in the US or Canada. Has anyone else had such issues? I couldnt get anyone to help me, and despite repeatedly asking them to cancel my order as by the time I got it I no longer wanted it, they refused. Absolutely appalling, and they don't have ANY customer service skills. I can't even begin to count the number of attempts I made to get them to help.

I'd be curious to see has anyone else had problems?

what does it matter if anyone else had problems I presume you wont use them again end of story dont see the point of a group of posters getting together moaning about them

Because as per my post I didn't have issues before last Nov and have been placing orders for years, I wanted to see if this is a new thing that service is gone downhill, or has anyone had those problems too... Surely the point of a Consumer Issues forum is to discuss when someone has issues as a consumer, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into Best / Worst Customer Service thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Anastasiafaye

Had awful service from Meaghers Pharmacy over Christmas!! After seeing all the bloggers posting about it I thought it would be safe to order from them, but made sure I ordered well in advance of Christmas just in case (3 or 4 weeks in advance at least). I received my order but with an incorrect item which I had intended on giving as a gift and really wanted rectified, otherwise I probably wouldn't have been too bothered. I had to email them three times and post on their fb page before I got a reply two weeks later. They pretty much blamed their temp Christmas staff which I thought was a bit unprofessional and said they would post me out the correct item. When it didn't turn up I had to email again and they finally sent it out. Though they did rectify the issue in the end, I certainly won't be dealing with them again.

On the other hand, I also ordered from Schuh over christmas - their online chat team are super to help with even the smallest of things and there wasn't a single thing I could fault them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭dohouch

Good girl Tamara at Ryanair chat :D

I mistakenly clicked the wrong date (for return from Malaga ) and only realised when I read the confirmation email. :( I hit Wednesday April 29 when I wanted Wednesday April 5th. Got onto chat immediately and it was put right for me at a total cost of €5.40. (Flights were same price)

Phew , was a close one.:pac::pac::pac::pac:

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

dohouch wrote: »
    Good girl Tamara at Ryanair chat :D

I mistakenly clicked the wrong date (for return from Malaga ) and only realised when I read the confirmation email. :( I hit Wednesday April 29 when I wanted Wednesday April 5th. Got onto chat immediately and it was put right for me at a total cost of €5.40. (Flights were same price)

Phew , was a close one.:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Twas a bit steep to charge you though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Seriously? They could easily have told the OP to just book an additional flight and forfeit the other one (less taxes). Very sound of them to do it for the price of a coffee and pastry.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Gebgbegb wrote: »

Last time I changed a flight- for one the same price- I was charged 120 Euro.
    A fiver is a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Last time I changed a flight- for one the same price- I was charged 120 Euro.
    A fiver is a steal.

Last time I changed a flight, it was free...Was with a proper airline though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Amazon.fr

English service were really quick to reply to any queries.. BUT

Purchased item 27th January - expected delivery 2 weeks.
    Almost a month on the team has been giving me the runarounds with no real answer. Amateurish joke so I cancelled the order. I wasn't in a rush for the item thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 OscarBN

omlika wrote: »
    I would like to share my experience as a Greyhound customer. I recently discovered that my contract terms were changed back in August without my consent to switch to a pay by weight plan instead of the fixed 19.5 Euro per month plan I was on for the previous year. Going through the statements I see my charges increased by more than double and caused mis-collections due to the account balance running low. I admit that it is my fault to not have realized this earlier to limit the damage. But checking the balance of my bin collection account was not my main focus in the previous months, assuming there was no reason to expect a change after the government stepped back with the legislation change. What made things worst was my customer service call. It was shocking to listen to Greyhound explanation which consist of them having changed all customers’ accounts to the pay by weight because the government forced them in June/July and when the new regulation did not go through instead of reverting the change, they sent letters to all their customers informing them to request if they want to stay with their old plan.
    But WHY?
    Isn't easier to keep us on our existing plan and propose us if we want to join a new plan. The agent was trying to convince me that what they did was normal and I was at fault for not calling them to ask them to revert the change. I thought if one part changes the terms of a contract they must ensure that the other part is informed and accepts the change.
    In fact, I did not receive any letter and did not suspect any change.
    When I asked the agent to revert me to the fixed 19.5 Euro per month, I was told that I have to pay 39 Euro as security deposit and 19.5 charge for 1 month in advance even though my current balance is above 19.5. It feels like Greyhound is trying to make our life difficult or what?
    Why switching me without my consent to a different plan does not require a security deposit and reverting to my previous plan requires one!!?
    I asked for the procedure to complain about not being properly informed and to seek a refund of the extra per weight charges incurred as consequence and the agent answered in an arrogant manner: "your request is rejected, I am telling you now, and you can't complain". Ok can you please reply to me by writing that I complained and that you rejected my compliant? The answer was NO.
    I am really disappointed.
    Was this practice used by other bin collection companies?
    I had not energy left to request canceling my account as I was in chock. I am obviously looking to cancel my account hoping they will not make it another nightmare.

Please share your advice on which company has a good service and does not mistreat its customers.

Any update on this? My contract was also changed, they told me I pay 4.50 service charge a week and pay by weight. Lol I haven't had my bin collected since November (work away) they're calling me for €68 service charge. The explanation I got on the phone was I was switched from an annual service charge to weekly. The guy I spoke to was incoherent about the change/the when and why telling me it's a government levy....I can't cancel my contract until I pay in full....for nothing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

I'd like to recommend the superb customer service I received today from Moore street.

At Carols Fruit and Veg stall on Moore street I asked for 10 bananas for 1 euro and 10 clementines for 1 euro and searched for my wallet to get the 2 euro. Turned out I forgot my wallet so began to say that sorry I forgot my wallet and expecting to leave empty handed.

However, Carol still gave me the bananas and clementines and said you can come back and pay when I find my wallet, and she just hoped I'd find it. Thought it was so nice out of her! I have now found my wallet and will return tomorrow.

You wouldn't get that customer service in Marks & Spencers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Dia1988 wrote: »
    I'd like to recommend the superb customer service I received today from Moore street.

At Carols Fruit and Veg stall on Moore street I asked for 10 bananas for 1 euro and 10 clementines for 1 euro and searched for my wallet to get the 2 euro. Turned out I forgot my wallet so began to say that sorry I forgot my wallet and expecting to leave empty handed.

However, Carol still gave me the bananas and clementines and said you can come back and pay when I find my wallet, and she just hoped I'd find it. Thought it was so nice out of her! I have now found my wallet and will return tomorrow.

The real independent traders :) Really love it! Had similar in my local Centra - forgot my wallet. "Sure you'll be back in a day or two, can pay then". To my knowledge, she never wrote a note for the till or anything. Went back two days later and dealt with a different cashier - told him about previous mistake and paid the balance. He didn't know anything about it but put it through as a non scanned item. There is a lot to be said about trust :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Dia1988 wrote: »

And i wouldnt expect to!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,839 ✭✭✭893bet

Amazon. Every time so good.

I tend to only buy direct from Amazon.

Twice in the last year I had highish value items fail (400 euro laptop) and a 200 euro coffee machine. They failed after 8-10 months.

On Amazon chat. For the laptop they gave full refund as they had no replacement in stock and sent a label to send back the defective laptop. For the coffee machine they had a new one in the post within the day and a label and said wait till I get the new one and use the box to send back the broken one!

Imagine the hassle you would have in Harvey Normans or Pc world?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭freebee23

893bet wrote: »
    Amazon. Every time so good.

I tend to only buy direct from Amazon.

Twice in the last year I had hoggish value items fail (400 euro laptop) and a 200 euro coffee machine. They failed after 8-10 months.

On Amazon chat. For the laptop they gave full refund as they had no replacement in stock and sent a label to send back the defective laptop. For the coffee machine they had a new one in the post within the day and a label and said wait till I get the new one and use the box to send back the broken one!

Imagine the hassle you would have in Harvey Normans or Pc world?

Definitely have to agree with above regarding Amazon. Have bought a lot of items from them over the years and a razor that I bought 7 months ago has just packed in and refuses to charge. This is the first time having to deal with them regarding a faulty product. Emailed them today and just got a response stating that a replacement one is being shipped tomorrow. Great result and really impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pippi Longstockings

We bought a bed, bed lenin, duvet and blankets last February '17 and are still waiting for the delivery of our order; we've made numerous phone calls and just keep getting their voicemail; we leave messages with contact details but no one returns our calls.  We also sent an email with the original invoice attached but got no response from that either.  Very frustrating!!!! :angry:  Now we will have to drive out tomorrow and see what is happening, like our time on Saturday's are not precious enough already! 
    If this is the way they run a business - they'll be out of business as no customer wants to have to deal with 'unprofessionalism'.  I would advise people to steer clear of 'Shleep Top Drawer' in Mount Merrion; it will be an exasperating and frustrating experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,151 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved post from 11 year old thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Needed a battery replaced today in my Swatch. First place I went to said the battery was unusual so try a jewellers. Jewellers I went into said they didn't have the tool to open Swatch watches but to try the Swatch shop at the top of Grafton Street.

Went up and they replaced it FREE OF CHARGE! Said they don't charge any more for replacement Swatch batteries. Was very impressed!

Had a terrible experience with Aer Lingus over the past week. My partner and I live abroad, and have a trip booked to head home in May for a bit. He is booked with Aer Lingus, I am with Delta/KLM due to a late booking on my part.
    We decided we would extend the trip to add an extra weekend on, as one week was too short for 14hrs of travel. I made my change over the phone with KLM and it was all sorted within 10 mins. Aer Lingus on the other hand, dear God it was a pain in the ar*e.
    I tried to reach them on the phone via their US/Canada phone number, I attempted calling for FIVE DAYS with nobody answering, and held for up to 34 mins at which point my call was cut off. During these 5 days I tried repeatedly to contact them on social media, Twitter and FB, and all of my messages were ignored. With our departure date approaching, I got my mother in Ireland to call the Dublin office, who got a quote for a flight change within a few minutes. She of course didnt have our credit card to book, so we called the Dublin office via Sykpe a day later, over the weekend. Our call was hung up on 3 times, and we were passed from agent to agent. Finally we got to speak to someone who said that all the economy seats were sold out, and only business class was available on the following dates that we wanted to book. The price quoted was e3000+. Of course we said not a chance and thanked them and hung up. 
    Fast forward to Monday (just gone), and my mother decides she will try again on a whim to see if there are any seats, and what do you know??? An economy seat on the flight we wanted was there, for $450. We booked it immediately. I then messaged Aer Lingus on Twitter asking to be contacted by a manager to talk through the issues we had, and why we were quoted 3k for a business class seat, when clearly there are economy seats available... She told me that she would chase this up, and AMAZINGLY there are no record of ANY of our many calls to Aer Lingus. She also told me that the $450 we paid had been heavily discounted, and should have been around $1300!!!! For a simple flight change!!!
    Long story short, her manager then contacted me and will be looking into these complaints further, I'll follow up when I hear back. Absolutely disastrous service from Aer Lingus, won't be using them again after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,151 ✭✭✭✭L1011

450 for a flight change on an economy longhaul fare isn't particularly bad... Also, seats can open up due to cancellations/changes in other bookings/changes in staff travel/equipment upgrades - they have three sizes of longhaul and two sizes of shorthaul plane

I suspect their US number doesn't actually work which is the core issue here.

• Advertisement

Yeah I agree that $450 is fine, my issue is more that the lady I spoke with claimed that the price was infact closer to $1300, and we had had the remainder waived, which is not true. The cost of $1300 was never mentioned. My mother used our credit card and booked it and the only price ever mentioned was $450. I get that seats can open up, but we were never advised to try to call back in the hope that a seat may come up, and the manager I spoke with on (after the lady who took my initial complaint) has said he will be investigating why this was... He seemed to be pretty surprised that we were only offered a business class seat when it appears some economy were available.  Also very unhappy that they have no record of any of our calls, I will be screenshotting all of these, and all of the attempts we made also.

Advertisement