Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Soccer game (kick about)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Bumping this thread as looking for one or two players for soccer tonight in the drom at 8pm.
    PM me if you're interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Proud1

Just moved back to gal. looking to join n a game around town as well.
    Anyone stuck 4numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Proud1 wrote: »
    Just moved back to gal. looking to join n a game around town as well.
    Anyone stuck 4numbers?
    PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Anything this evening after 8pm or before 6pm tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭greengreen

Was asked to play in Oranmore on Sunday evenings but couldn't I know that they are still looking for players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Proud1

malice_ wrote: »
    PM sent.

Got it cheers

Anyone interested in a game of soccer tonight at 7 in Drom? If so, please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 outlander83

hey guys, im always looking for a game in the evenings, anywhere near moneeageisha or in town. send me a pm of your lookin for another player.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭oxygenman

Hi Folks,

I'd be available for a game of indoor soccer as well if anyone is short numbers, any night during the week is good or sunday evening, Oranmore area especially, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

/bump

still eager for a game, anyone need a player or know of a game that needs numbers? cheers

• Advertisement

Complete long shot considering the time but here goes.....

We have around 8 people for a game up the drom at 8, obviously we need at least two more, anyone based on the west side of the city(or east, just west would be easier on the person considering they've an hour) up for playing?.....

Seriously bored so wouldn't mind getting this game going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

I wouldn't mind, Would I need boots or just tatty trainers? Also, where's the Drom?

spender.j wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind, Would I need boots or just tatty trainers? Also, where's the Drom?

Boots aren't essential, they are handy though. The Drom is where Salthill Devon play, up the back roads from Knocknacarra?

You'll get away with runners but if you're going to play regularly I'd invest in a pair of astro turf boots. The extra grip on the soles is very handy. They're pretty cheap too, I picked up a pair about 2 years ago in Elverys beside the Omniplex for €35 and they're still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

Hi
    a few friends are playing up in mervue asto turf on sunday at 3pm its not serious just a 5 a side or so if anybody would like to play we could use a few players pm me for more details

no interest then ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Give it a chance will ya.

I might be interested but only if you have numbers - 5 a side is a bit low and I already play 3 times a week as it is.

Keep us updated, what does it look like for this Sunday?

hi all
    we are playing a game up in mervue tomorrow sunday at 3pm if anyone would like to join us you would be very welcome its not a serious game just a kick about
    thanks

I'd say the lack of replies is due to the time, if ye'r short and relying on extra numbers from here you might want to push it out to the evening, as most would be out on a Saturday :P

More then likely playing tomorrow evening otherwise i'd prob' play

3pm mervue astro today if anyone wants to join us thats who ever has no hangovers i guess :)

• Advertisement

hi gang
    yet again trying to get a few people to play soccer this sunday the 21st at 4pm in mervue if anyone would like to play pm me
    thanks

Resurrecting an old thread here but it's the right place for it.

I live beside the pitch/cages in Mervue. If anyone is in need of an extra body for a game any night I'll join no problem, given enough notice.

I'm no great shakes and very unfit but I just play for the craic anyway.

I know some lads that have a game early on Friday evenings, but it doesn't usually suit.

Resurrecting an old thread here but it's the right place for it.

I live beside the pitch/cages in Mervue. If anyone is in need of an extra body for a game any night I'll join no problem, given enough notice.

I'm no great shakes and very unfit but I just play for the craic anyway.

I know some lads that have a game early on Friday evenings, but it doesn't usually suit.

I'd be up for this also, only around the corner from me and now the Tag Rugby is finished I'm badly in need of another form of sport...

civis_liberalis, I assume you're talking about the game with the lads from Windsor Motors as the one that doesn't suit?

spender.j, if you're interested, I can pass you on contact details for that game. The lads play from 6:30 - 7:30 on Fridays on the big pitch in Mervue.

Malice_ wrote: »
    civis_liberalis, I assume you're talking about the game with the lads from Windsor Motors as the one that doesn't suit?

spender.j, if you're interested, I can pass you on contact details for that game. The lads play from 6:30 - 7:30 on Fridays on the big pitch in Mervue.

That'd be great, thanks! See you in a couple of weeks also:D

That'd be great, thanks! See you in a couple of weeks also:D
    Yep, the tag rugby tournament should be interesting to say the least. I've sent you a PM there with some more info on the Mervue game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

I'd be interested in playing either (or both!) the Friday and Sunday games lads, if you want to PM me the details or contact numbers we can take it from there.

Really need to get back into the old kick-arounds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

I'm the most unfit man you will meet, and will probably be picked last.
    Im still up for playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

Fuctifino wrote: »
    I'm the most unfit man you will meet, and will probably be picked last.
    Im still up for playing.

Nice user name Fuctifino. Know/remember these guys? http://www.myspace.com/fuktifinomore

• Advertisement

Malice_ wrote: »
    Sorry, it never occurred to me to pass on the details here. :o

Advertisement