Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Soccer game (kick about)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Hi lads, me again.

Im looking for a friendly 5-a-side game on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

Preferably in town, but I would go out to Drom if I had a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pzer

I wud be up for one too if any around. Any eve mon to thurs at a decent hour would do me. Or if someone wanted to start one then we could prob get some numbers..............

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

pzer wrote: »
    I wud be up for one too if any around. Any eve mon to thurs at a decent hour would do me. Or if someone wanted to start one then we could prob get some numbers..............
    I would be interested if there was a Galway-based Boardies game. There was 12 people interested the last time I raised the possibility but we had the inevitable casualties and couldn't settle on a time or venue that suited everyone :(.

For the record, I still play Monday, Wednesday and Friday so Tuesday and Thursday are the only days that I am available.

Anyone else interested?

Im interested.

I already play on Monday though.

Fridays are out, but Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sat and Sun are fine for me usually.

Perhaps mervue or Bohermore as a venue.

Anyone with serious interest should PM me and when we have sufficient numbers, I'll set the wheels in motion.

Please post your interest on the forum also, so that people know that it is still in the process of being organised.

If we play on a weekday evening, I have another guy that will come.

So far we have PZER, MALICE_ and me +1 = 4

So if you lads can ask somes mates or whatever and tell them to post interest here or do it yourselves even.

I vote for Tuesday or Thursday, as it doesn't matter to me so much, and they suit Malice also.

Sat and Sun are fine for me usually.
    I actually hadn't thought about weekends due to people often going home or having things to do but I'm usually around on the weekends as well.
    Perhaps mervue or Bohermore as a venue.
    Where can we play in Bohermore?
    So far we have PZER, MALICE_ and me +1 = 4

So if you lads can ask somes mates or whatever and tell them to post interest here or do it yourselves even.

I vote for Tuesday or Thursday, as it doesn't matter to me so much, and they suit Malice also.
    I'll probably be able to bring along at least two more, they do shift work at the beginning of the week though so Thursday would be best for them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Yep count me in, back from injury \o/. I play Thursdays, so would have to be Mon/Tues/Wednes.
    civis_liberalis, if you're stuck for a lift, I can pick ya up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Count me in. There are some pitches beside the Westside hotel bar place, not sure what it's called, but it's about a 5 min walk from westside shopping centre. I can play any days now, since i'm off college

Anyone need a spare body for a game this week? I'm starting my summer long 'get fit' project.

DEmeant0r wrote: »
    Anyone need a spare body for a game this week? I'm starting my summer long 'get fit' project.

Our Wednesday night game has got a lot of drop outs this week. I think it's clashing with another game that's on television :). If anyone's interested in coming along, let me know. It's on at 9pm in Drom.

I will know for sure tomorrow how many players we need but for now, assume the more the merrier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ME07

Yeah, I'm in any weekday after 7 (except friday). And I cud probably do the weekend to.

• Advertisement

ME07 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm in any weekday after 7 (except friday). And I cud probably do the weekend to.
    Nice one, I've sent you a PM.

I can do this Wednesday. I couldn't really care about the CL Final match.

I can do this Wednesday. I couldn't really care about the CL Final match.
    Great stuff! I have sent you a PM too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I'm in too if you need anyone else

grasshopa wrote: »
    I'm in too if you need anyone else
    PM sent.

OK lads.

Seven of us are able to play on a Tuesday night.

I propose that we try for that night.

If you can gather a few extra bodies please post on here.

**PLEASE DO NOT POST THE NAMES OF PEOPLE YOU ARE NOT SURE WILL ATTEND**

Can we agree on a venue between the seven of us?

Wherever the majority wants, they get.

Drom, Mervue and Bohermore are my suggestions.

Seeing as we are only looking at 10 or 12 people going to this, hopefully we could organise lifts for people to Drom.

It is the best place IMO. It may be difficult to secure a place in Mervue.

Can we agree on a venue between the seven of us?
    Drom, Mervue and Bohermore are my suggestions.
    I've asked this already and no one answered so I'll try again, where can we play in Bohermore?

I vote for Drom anyway and I can provide lifts if required to anyone living on the western side of the city.

malice_ wrote: »
    I've asked this already and no one answered so I'll try again, where can we play in Bohermore?

Well it's not really Bohermore. It's the place behind what used to be called Kates Bar, beside Supermacs, Headford Road.

Apparently it is a weird shape though. I've never been on it and haven't seen it at all tbh. I just know that it is there.

Even though I live across the road from the one at Kates, I would prefer Drom, as it is always what I have used.

The one in Bohermore is run by Hibs football club. I think the pitch can be split in two, for two games at the same time, not fully sure tho'.

Tuesday is sound with me and can give anyone a lift, I'll be comin' from the Claregalway direction.

Well it's not really Bohermore. It's the place behind what used to be called Kates Bar, beside Supermacs, Headford Road.
    Ah yeah, I know the pitch. I've never played on it so I've no idea how you go about organising a game on it.

• Advertisement

Seeing as Tuesday is the evening most of us can agree on, I called Drom just now.

They have 2 slots open for tomorrow evening.

From 6-7pm and from 10-11pm.

Any chance we could try to get a match going tomorrow night so?

I could get a couple of lads to come if we are short.

Well???

Mail me at civisliberalis@gmail.com if you can make it.

I may not be on boards.ie very often between now and them, so it is the safest bet as regards getting things organised, coz I can read my email off my phone.

Later

Seeing as Tuesday is the evening most of us can agree on, I called Drom just now.

Well???

I may not be on boards.ie very often between now and them, so it is the safest bet as regards getting things organised, coz I can read my email off my phone.
    Later
    Well aren't we posh with our e-mail-reading phone? ;)
    The 6pm slot wouldn't really suit me so if it's coming down to a vote I would go for the 10pm slot.

Well???

Later

Those times don't suit me for Drom, it's 15 or so miles from my house[7-8 or 8-9 would suit].
    Galway Corinthians[on the Tuam road] have a pitch if it suits anyone.

6 would suit me tomorrow.

Is this still on?

Is this still on?
    I think just one day's notice wasn't enough unfortunately :(.

I'm still looking for a player or 2 for tonight's game at 9pm in Drom if anyone's still interested.

Any game on Today (Thursday)?

Ya, i'm up for one, if there is one on somewhere.

PM me if there is. So i'll get an email on my phone. Not on net for rest of evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ME07

Anybody up for a kickaround on the pitches up in dangan on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7? There FREE!!! (So there's not much organising) PM me your email adress if you're up for it. And I will email ye when we have enough. (Ideally we need 10 but I'll show up for a kick around even if there's only 6...............jumpers for goal posts).

(Dangan is the first right turn after the westwood hotel................ theres about 5 football pitches.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Why not southpark in town ...
    It's in the middle of the city and free...also has parking.

Advertisement