Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Soccer game (kick about)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Is that the one at Walshe's Terrace at the junction of Dyke Road and Headford Road/Woodquay?

I was on it today with the brother for a little bit for a kickabout with the brother.

The beaty of that place is that you can do retro, jumpers for goalposts and move them according to numbers.

I'l definately be up for it. I'd be able to get 2 other lads aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Is that the one at Walshe's Terrace at the junction of Dyke Road and Headford Road/Woodquay?
    Are you asking about South Park or Dangan?

malice_ wrote: »
    Are you asking about South Park or Dangan?

South Park I think.

Is South Park the one I was on about?

If so it is the most central.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ME07

Southpark is good for me......... that's the place near the claddagh isn't it?

ME07 wrote:
    Anybody up for a kickaround on the pitches up in dangan on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7?
    What are those pitches like? I've never played on them. Are they astro turf?
    South Park I think.

Is South Park the one I was on about?

If so it is the most central.
    Sorry, I forgot to reply to this yesterday. South Park is the one near the Claddagh.
    ME07 wrote: »
    Southpark is good for me......... that's the place near the claddagh isn't it?
    Yep!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ME07

Never played there either but its not astroturf ............ just grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 adrndmond

I'd be interested in stretching the legs a bit again.

Galway City Council have an interactive map with pretty much all the sportsgrounds in the city

Its at http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/MapZone/CityMapGuide/
    Will prob need to view the map using IE

I used to play in the astroturf pitches in Rahoon behind the Glen Oaks Hotel a few years ago. Good pitches (well one is anyway), dont know what the craic is with reserving them though...

I'm bringing up a relic of a thread here...

Looking to get a regular game of 5 a side on a weekday evening.

Mervue or Drom would be preferable.

Anyone looking for an extra person to make up the numbers?

Unfit but "enthusiastic".:D

I'm bringing up a relic of a thread here...

Looking to get a regular game of 5 a side on a weekday evening.

Mervue or Drom would be preferable.

Anyone looking for an extra person to make up the numbers?

Unfit but "enthusiastic".:D
    You're more than welcome to come along to Mervue on Friday at 6:30 for a game. We play from 6:30 to 7:30. The cost varies depending on the numbers we get but it's never more than €5.

I also organise games in Drom on Monday (7pm) and Wednesday (9pm) evenings but we normally have enough players for those. PM me your mobile number if you want and if it's a thing that we're missing players I'll give you a shout. I generally try to organise the games as early as possible so there's no ringing around at 6:30 to try to get players for 7:00 for example :).

Message sent.

• Advertisement

Message sent.
    Got it! ;)

I've been offered a game by malice for tomorrow (Friday), but if there is anyone else out there that needs someone for a regular game, please gimme a shout. Preferably in Mervue or Drom if you can provide a lift from somewhere convenient to you in town.

I've been offered a game by malice for tomorrow (Friday), but if there is anyone else out there that needs someone for a regular game, please gimme a shout. Preferably in Mervue or Drom if you can provide a lift from somewhere convenient to you in town.
    Hey, don't forget you're on my list for Monday and Wednesdays too! If/when we need subs I'll definitely be giving you a call :).

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

I play in the Drom on Wednesday's 8-9 and we are always on the lookout for players. We generally play with 10 (€6 each) but sometimes 12 (€5 each) if enough people are eager.

However we're struggling to make the 10 thses days.
    PM me your number and I'll definetely get in touch of a Tuesday if there is space.

Can also offer a lift if needed.

Not trying to hijack Malice's offers but just another option for someone if it suited more

PM sent to Gaillimh Abu.

I've jumped ship... no malice intended (ba dum tish!):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

I play in the Drom on Wednesday's 8-9 and we are always on the lookout for players. We generally play with 10 (€6 each) but sometimes 12 (€5 each) if enough people are eager.

However we're struggling to make the 10 thses days.
    PM me your number and I'll definetely get in touch of a Tuesday if there is space.

Can also offer a lift if needed.

Not trying to hijack Malice's offers but just another option for someone if it suited more

I would be interested. Not in the best shape(I'm not obese :)), but I've been jogging and I think I could do with some fun and more exercise.

One question. Where is drom? I'm not from Galway.

PM sent to Gaillimh Abu.

I've jumped ship... no malice intended (ba dum tish!):D

Got it

I would be interested. Not in the best shape(I'm not obese :)), but I've been jogging and I think I could do with some fun and more exercise.

One question. Where is drom? I'm not from Galway.

PM me your number and I'll definetely get in touch of a Tuesday for the Wednesday game if there is space. After civis_liberalis of course. You may as well pm malice_ as well and one of us will surely fit you in weekly.

The drom is the Salthill Devon grounds
    Drom Map

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

would anyone like a game in the plots on a sat or sun at approx 2.30 ???its on the headford road near the blackbox ? we also sometimes play indoor in the kingfisher on fridays at 4

Looking for one or two players for soccer tonight in the drom at 8pm.
    PM me if you're interested.

• Advertisement

Due to emigration, injuries and general apathy the game I play in on a Monday evening (7 - 8 in Drom) is in need of a player or two. I thought I would bump this thread just to see who's interested. PM me your details if you fancy joining in.

Looking for one or two players for soccer tonight in the drom at 8pm.
    PM me if you're interested.

Due to emigration, injuries and general apathy the game I play in on a Monday evening (7 - 8 in Drom) is in need of a player or two. I thought I would bump this thread just to see who's interested. PM me your details if you fancy joining in.
    Myself and another lad would like to join ye next monday if possible. The other fella is waiting to find out if he has a game that night, but will know tomorrow (Friday) either way.

I suppose there isn't any chance someone would have 2 spaces going to Drom from the direction of town for it?

Both my knees are dodgy atm, but I'm dying for a game.

Myself and another lad would like to join ye next monday if possible. The other fella is waiting to find out if he has a game that night, but will know tomorrow (Friday) either way.

I suppose there isn't any chance someone would have 2 spaces going to Drom from the direction of town for it?

Both my knees are dodgy atm, but I'm dying for a game.
    I'll give you a shout on Monday afternoon to let you know how we're fixed playerwise.

If I can, I'll give you a lift as I'll be going through the city.

Anyone short one for tomorrow night (Monday)?

Could do with a game. Not up to much, but wouldn't mind an hour walking around aimlessly, admiring other people's skills :D.

Gimme a PM, or a text if I've spoken to you before.

Also, if it's in Drom I would need a lift there, but can meet somewhere convenient for you in town... Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Anyone short of a player for a game in the evenings in Corinthians or Mervue.
    Since the Kingfisher is closed for about 2 months (exams and kids camps*) I'm feeling the flab attack.

*Don't get me started on this!!!

MaxFlower wrote: »
    Anyone short of a player for a game in the evenings in Corinthians or Mervue.
    Since the Kingfisher is closed for about 2 months (exams and kids camps*) I'm feeling the flab attack.

*Don't get me started on this!!!
    Would 6:30 on Fridays in Mervue suit you for a game? We have half of the big pitch rather than one of the newer cages.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Would 6:30 on Fridays in Mervue suit you for a game? We have half of the big pitch rather than one of the newer cages.

Thanks, I might be able to work that. Not usually home until after 6 but I live relatively close by.
    Is it just show up or is there a mailing list/sign up type thing.

MaxFlower wrote: »
    Thanks, I might be able to work that. Not usually home until after 6 but I live relatively close by.
    Is it just show up or is there a mailing list/sign up type thing.
    I've just sent you a PM there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

hey, looking for a game, evening or day time would suit, I work funny hours so I could be available whenever, the closer to newcastle the better but I'm craving a game, I'd play on flippin Shop Street at this stage :pac:

Advertisement