Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Soccer game (kick about)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

malice

Pm sent ^^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Does anyone know if we could rent out a sports hall for it until the weather clears up?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

grasshopa wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we could rent out a sports hall for it until the weather clears up?
    I played in Aras Bothar na Tra a few years ago but in all honesty you'll only notice the weather if you're stuck in goals :) The key is to warm up well before removing any outer layers of clothing.

You're convincing.

OK I'll play anywhere any time as long as it's not pissing rain and as long as you're all ****.

If we don't have that many people what about that caged astroturf type place behind the hotel between Dunnes Westside and Salthill (the name eludes me...)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 adrndmond

You're convincing.
    If we don't have that many people what about that caged astroturf type place behind the hotel between Dunnes Westside and Salthill (the name eludes me...)

Its behind the Hanley Oaks Hotel (the old Glen Oaks). There are 2 pitches there. I used to live in Gleann Dara beside it, and we used to pop over whenever we fancied a game. Dunno what the story is with reserving it, it seemed to be an open pitch: first come, first served.

The bottom pitch is in good nick. Top one has some of the netting behind the goals missing. There are floodlights, but don't know what the story is with getting them turned on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

is there anyone here that is involved in an afternoon game, but not on sunday. I cant usually make evening games. A game during the day that would be finish by 5pm say would be perfect... Its a longshot i know.

Im also hilariously lacking in any talent with a football...

BUMP

Nothing yet i presume...

gufcfan wrote: »
    is there anyone here that is involved in an afternoon game, but not on sunday. I cant usually make evening games. A game during the day that would be finish by 5pm say would be perfect... Its a longshot i know.

Im also hilariously lacking in any talent with a football...
    Have you tried ringing Drom and asking them if there are any games going on? Their contact details are here. Maybe they'd let you stick a notice up in their clubhouse. Personally I don't know anyone that plays in the afternoon due to work/college commitments but maybe there are people that work evening shifts or something that have an available game to join.

malice_ wrote: »
    Have you tried ringing Drom and asking them if there are any games going on? Their contact details are here. Maybe they'd let you stick a notice up in their clubhouse. Personally I don't know anyone that plays in the afternoon due to work/college commitments but maybe there are people that work evening shifts or something that have an available game to join.

Thanks for that malice, but Drom is a prob for me transport wise. Maybe i'll try that anyways. Just ask them to put up a notice and mention that I would need a lift from town. That sounds really sad.

Hi, my name is Billy No Mates. I like football. I want to play. I have no mates. My imaginary friends have no cars

haha. I'll be in mervue on monday evening so ill ask them crowd if i can put up a notice. I dont go to GMIT but since it is close I could ask to put something up there... propose a weekly lunchtime game or something. It's an idea...

I'll try that place beside Kates Bar. I haven't seen it, but I was told about it, even though been past it loads.

I'll put up a notice up there.

Thanks for the advice guys

Thanks for that malice, but Drom is a prob for me transport wise. Maybe i'll try that anyways. Just ask them to put up a notice and mention that I would need a lift from town. That sounds really sad.

Hi, my name is Billy No Mates. I like football. I want to play. I have no mates. My imaginary friends have no cars
    I know a few people that come across town for games up in Drom so I'm sure it's not that unusual. You might need to work on the text of that notice though :D. Good luck with sorting a game!

• Advertisement

I know a few people that come across town for games up in Drom so I'm sure it's not that unusual.

I might not be unusual but it might be hard to get people going across during the day. Cheers anyways

Are there any games happening in town on Wednesday(13th Feb) after 8.30pm?

Preferably in town, not in Drom, but would go out there if I had a lift.

Cheers!

Are there any games happening in town on Wednesday(13th Feb) after 8.30pm?

Preferably in town, not in Drom, but would go out there if I had a lift.

Cheers!

BUMPITY BUMP

There must be a game somewhere on Wednesday!!!

There must be a game somewhere on Wednesday!!!
    There's probably plenty of games on, they just don't want you :D. Sorry! On a more serious note, our game on Wednesday already has 10 players as far as I know and I haven't heard of anyone else being short of players yet. Somehow the cold weather hasn't scared people away yet.

There's probably plenty of games on, they just don't want you :D. Sorry! On a more serious note, our game on Wednesday already has 10 players as far as I know and I haven't heard of anyone else being short of players yet. Somehow the cold weather hasn't scared people away yet.

Well if anyone has any cancellations... post it here, if you know about it in time.

As far as weather is concerned, if you didn't play anytime you didn't like the weather, in this country, you'd never play at all in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jayo1999

Have we organised a kick about to go to? :)

Jayo1999 wrote: »
    Have we organised a kick about to go to? :)
    Welcome to Boards and no, we haven't organised a kick about yet ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ME07

Anybody up for a regular game after half 7 any night, anywhere in galway. I'm really bad at organising but if I get a few names I'm sure we can get a venue for a regular game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

How about getting a game together in South Park any evening ?

• Advertisement

I'm up for anything*

Soccer related

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I'm up for anything*

Soccer related

PM me!

Oh wait, I just saw the asterix...

Don't bother...l:D

I've asked before, but is anyone up for a regular daytime kickabout???

How about getting a game together in South Park any evening ?
    Were you thinking during the week or the weekend? Also how do we go about arranging it? I've never played there so I don't know much about it.

Hi guys, having a kickabout on Thursday night, in Drom. We are short 4 or 5 guys because of something else happening on same night.

Competitive but friendly.

Gimme a shout if anyone is interested.

Bah, working and exam the next morning :/

Competitive but friendly.

I fell I must re-phrase that comment.

I will be neither competitive nor friendly.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pzer

i would love to get back involved in some regular social football as well if any spots available. live in knocknacarra so salthill devon would be absolutely perfect place for footy for me.

We might need some players tomorrow night as I think there's a match on the television, Wolves v Cardiff or something ;).

Anyway, I'll send around some PMs with details as soon as I know for sure how many we will be short.

• Advertisement

Still short of one guy, if there is anyone else who wants a game tomorrow night (Thursday)

Advertisement