Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacWorld 2008

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

440Hz wrote: »
    [aside] anyone know the title of that song offhand? Heard it on the radio earlier but cba looking it up. If someone here knows that will save me hassle, if not, ill google [/aside]
    Yael Naim - New Soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Yael Naim - New Soul.

stargold.jpg

woohooo thanks!!

Ray D'Arcy said this morning it was from the new "Microsoft ad for their new laptop" I was so angry after that bit that I missed the name of the song.

Thanks SP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭dubmick

You mean David Lynch?

lol :D

I'm a big fan of his and I agree 100 percent. Watching movies and tv shows on a phone or ipod is just a big gimmick.

GTFI Sad Professor, it has been wrecking my head for the last two days where I saw it! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

LOL @ "...some oul lad..." :)

fffucking telephone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭dubmick

:) I honestly hadn't a clue who he was!

I do now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

dubmick wrote: »
    :) I honestly hadn't a clue who he was!

I do now

I still don't... Am I missing something?

I love watching my video podcasts and family guy and stuff on my ipod touch. Very very very very handy to help ignore a train full of smelly, coughing people.

He's David Lynch.

Highly respsected and slightly eccentric American film director.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lynch

His films include Twin Peaks, Elephant Man, Mulholland Drive, Blue Velvet and Inland Empire.

It's really the delivery that counts ("such a sadness".. "ff****ing telephone") but a knowledge of the man himself probably helps a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Goodshape wrote: »
    He's David Lynch.

Highly respsected and slightly eccentric American film director.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lynch

His films include Twin Peaks, Elephant Man, Mulholland Drive, Blue Velvet and Inland Empire.
    Wow... Not my cup'o'tea. A heap of films I've never seen and Only ever heard of Mulholland Drive in a sort of dont bother kind of way.
    It's really the delivery that counts ("such a sadness".. "ff****ing telephone") but a knowledge of the man himself probably helps a lot.

Don't get me wrong - its still a brilliant line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I have Inland Empire on my iPod:D

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    I have Inland Empire on my iPod:D
    ...such a sadness...

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

...such a sadness...

:)

I know, I wish it was on my phone:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just finished watching the keynote, 1:16 hr long.

there's a couple of things in it, one i think is pretty big that has seemed to be swept under the rug and two that should/could be implemented on macbooks.

1. family guy blue harvest DVD, ships with a digital copy to transfer to your mac/pc/ipod/iphone. sooner other picture houses do this the better.

2. the multi-gesture touch pad of the macbook air, steve never said would this be available to exsisting macbook (pro) customers, i'm assuming here but if the old appleTV can take a massive software update like the new appleTV, then surely the macbook (pro)'s can take a software update to allow multi-gesture trackpads.

3. same for remote disc as above.

Advertisement