Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Donagh Station Shopping Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Nightwish wrote: »
    One always has to be careful with regards to perishable food in Dunnes in McDonagh. I was over there 2 weeks ago and the bread was out of date that particular day.

Agreed. I got molded bread quite a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I went to Eddie Rockets last night with my sister. The place is great. We definitely got our moneys worth. We had fun with the table top juke boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Bah! they didnt work both times ive gone there!!

they were late giving me my Sundae today and all my friends had got their food, so i just said that i still hadnt got it so i was given a free strawberry milkshake! didnt have time or the space in my tummy to finish it though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I was in Eddie Rockets a couple hours ago and I do like it. Managed to spend €58 euro between three of us in a glorified chipper. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

i have to agree that the food is terribly overpriced for what you get and i didn't think it was that nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

+1 on the over priced food, but dear christ there double burgers and milkshakes are the sex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

+1 on the over priced food, but dear christ there double burgers and milkshakes are the sex

was passing by at the weekend big que there alright! I've never like their food
    for some reason though so would be making a visit.

Will be interesting to see how the bowling alley does when it opens alright though, anyone up for a game when it opens :P

was passing by at the weekend big que there alright! I've never like their food
    for some reason though so would be making a visit.

Will be interesting to see how the bowling alley does when it opens alright though, anyone up for a game when it opens :P
    Kilkenny drunken boardsies bowling....I approve!!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Only one Keano

I was in MacDonagh today and couldn't get ovr how busy it was. The place was jammers and a lot different from when I was there last during the summer. Eddie Rockets is pretty cool and the Bowling Alley looked like it was nearly ready to open :) - really looking forward to that and there seemed to be more units then I remebered and also had guys working on the Tom Tailor shop which must be openign soon. They also had a sign up saying car parkign was free for frst two hours from thuis Saturday. Think I will be shopping up ther more often!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Parking is free after 6 every day also now. The way it should have been from the beginning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

It's definitely busier than it was. I still think Dunnes was the wrong anchor but I like being near Zavvi :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scatty

I was in MacDonagh today and couldn't get ovr how busy it was. The place was jammers and a lot different from when I was there last during the summer. Eddie Rockets is pretty cool and the Bowling Alley looked like it was nearly ready to open :) - really looking forward to that and there seemed to be more units then I remebered and also had guys working on the Tom Tailor shop which must be openign soon. They also had a sign up saying car parkign was free for frst two hours from thuis Saturday. Think I will be shopping up ther more often!
    when you visited macDonagh They were having a Halloween party lots of publicity but very little action one face painter and approx 75 children ,as you can imagine by the time we got to the front of queue we were all throughly peed off ,another face painter did eventually appear and by this time there were approx 100 children in queue ,whoever dreamt up this event didn,t expect such large numbers .
    on an ordinary day it is still very quiet which is a real pity as i find it great for my needs (three young children ,one just toddling ) :D

But its nice to walk into River Island and when its half empty.. especially cos theres a sale on!
    Cant afford it but i can still dream!!
    wheres the bowling alley going?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Only one Keano

I don't remeber any kids so musy have been in at a different time - still very busy though and big improvement on before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭carlowguy32

why does kilkenny keep on copying carlow, we have a bowling alley and now ye have to get one

why does kilkenny keep on copying carlow, we have a bowling alley and now ye have to get one
    wow ur right i noticed how carlow had buildings then kilkenny got some...then how carlow got people for the buildings...then kilkenny did...crazy i tell you.
    Seriously what a pointless post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

What about waterford? they have a bowling alley AND a Domino's Pizza. Carlow wannabies if i ever saw one!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

c'mon people give this guy a break. we have to remember that the bowling alley was invented in carlow.

Until i was like 13.. I thought Carlow had the only Bowling Alley outside Dublin! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Do you stand up as well lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 mumsy

scatty wrote: »
    when you visited macDonagh They were having a Halloween party lots of publicity but very little action one face painter and approx 75 children ,as you can imagine by the time we got to the front of queue we were all throughly peed off ,another face painter did eventually appear and by this time there were approx 100 children in queue ,whoever dreamt up this event didn,t expect such large numbers .
    on an ordinary day it is still very quiet which is a real pity as i find it great for my needs (three young children ,one just toddling ) :D

I brought my kids in for Halloween and they got really decent free sweets, faces painted and while we were queing there was a big figure entertaining us. we really are hard to please in Kilkenny in fairness it is hard to get every detail right all the time. Sure its better than traipsing around in the freezing cold getting wet and stinking dirty, I find their facilities lovely, clean and warm esp when shopping with kids. the fashion show was great too - i am a big fan now and with two hours free shopping and a huge santa grotto planned i will be supporting them this christmas - we all need to support local business during the hard times i think

At this time of the year when the weather's especially rubbish, it's nice to be able to shop in a shopping centre that has a roof on it. Did they run out of roof tiles when they were building the Market Cross?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

crap does that mean Kilkenny now has to turn into a ghost town during the summer months just like Carlow? :rolleyes:

For the record the bowling alley in Waterford is ****e and breaks down far too often

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Carlow gets everything before kilkenny, they will prob get a needle exchange before us too.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scatty

mumsy wrote: »
    . we really are hard to please in Kilkenny in fairness it is hard to get every detail right all the time.
    for your information i do not consider myself hard to please ,i was just giving my experience and as i have always used this shopping centre since the first day it opened i feel i am quite within my rights to express my opinion

Sorry scatty did not mean to imply you are hard to please!! I just get fed up of the begrudgers in kilkenny. we get something really nice and then we all talk about how it is doomed to fail...town doesnt support it's own businesses. especially at this time when all I can see are local business having to cut staff and that impacts on most of us in a bad way. i think we should all try to keep all our christmas spend in local business this year and support local jobs - ok lecture over ha ha

I suppose for many of us, we're frustrated at the poorer choice of shops in Kilkenny when compared with Carlow and other towns. It's hard to get excited at another Dunnes opening :rolleyes: But yeah, it's nice that there are some new places to spend money in.

true enough, did anybody hear what is going on with Dunnes this week?? Big announcement due rumoured to either be a buyout by Asda or a restructure of staffing???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

mumsy wrote: »
    true enough, did anybody hear what is going on with Dunnes this week?? Big announcement due rumoured to either be a buyout by Asda or a restructure of staffing???
    no more 24 and some company might be buying them out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

The no more open 24 hours also happened to a lot of Tescos, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

A lot of the staff were told that their hours were being cut back and they are not bringing in extra check-out staff for the Christmas rush, so the existing staff are being told to work harder.

Advertisement