Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone NOT believe there is a NWO/Illuminati global agenda

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭casey212

watch a film called "wag the dog". you can get it free on google video.

It gives a useful insight into the manipulation of the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

humanji wrote: »
    But anyway, in response to your own post I should state my position first. I kind of do believe in a sort of NWO type group, but not in the sinister sense. I see it as a group or people who know each other and help each other out. Just like, if my friends needed something that I could help them with, I would. The difference is that these poeple are rich and powerful and so they have much more sway and ability. I don't believe they're trying to take over the world, I just think they're trying to further themselves. It's all just simple greed. I also don't believe 9/11 was an inside job, but I do believe that the US government used it as a perfect chance to get what they want (more power, again, it's just greed).

Couldn't agree with this more. The arms industry in the US did an Irish jig when they knew there was likely to be a war. They will have even encouraged such a war. But so far I haven't seen any credible evidence that they set the whole thing up, they just jumped on the bandwagon. I've read some good stories about all of this and I am left with some unanswered questions but I don't assume those questions mean a conspiracy. Sorry guys but it's very easy to take statements by different people at different times and take them to mean a secret society is running the world, and it's one serious jump. I love reading, and I've read some fantastic books over the years. Many of these stories I'd love to be true but just because I want them to be true and no one can prove positively that they aren't doesn't mean a damn thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

casey212 wrote: »

Every government and most companies use large amounts of spin. They do their utmost to look good at all times and will try to deflect anything that makes them look bad, using, in many cases, some quite dirty and underhand tactics. I may not like this but it's a long way from a conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Like CSI gives useful insight into the workings of a real crime lab?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

****ing mentalists.

• Advertisement

meglome wrote: »
    Every government and most companies use large amounts of spin. They do their utmost to look good at all times and will try to deflect anything that makes them look bad, using, in many cases, some quite dirty and underhand tactics. I may not like this but it's a long way from a conspiracy.

Wag the dog was made in 1998 about a fake war created to help distract attention from a president involved in a sex scandal. In 1999, 3 seperate wars were started to do the same for clinton. But you are correct, it is not a conspiracy. It is truth.

bonkey wrote: »
    Like CSI gives useful insight into the workings of a real crime lab?

CSI is a joke. Who watches TV anyway?? Have you noticed the vast array of programmes involving police/doctors where biometrics have been used to solve cases and find the "bad guys". Well, this is known as predictive programming, commonly used to prepare the watching masses for the implementation of such demands. You will never find truth presented in any form by the media, however if your look with a critical mind they do provide forewarning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Ah seriously, that's just fitting your conspiracies around tv shows. There's no hidden agenda behind them, they're there to make money, with a side effect of entertaining people.

humanji wrote: »
    Ah seriously, that's just fitting your conspiracies around tv shows. There's no hidden agenda behind them, they're there to make money, with a side effect of entertaining people.

You could not be further from the truth. All forms of media are a vital arm of goverment. Culture is not generated by the people, it is given to them by their masters. Society can be shaped in any way they chose unless people are more discerning about their choices. As a prime example look at the celebrity culture which is rampant today. Why to people give a dam about this stuff???, and why has it only exploded in the last 5 years.

Look into the work to Theodore Adorno (he wrote the beatles sonngs) possibly the most brilliant mind in this area.

All forms of media are a vital arm of goverment. Culture is not generated by the people, it is given to them by their masters. Society can be shaped in any way they chose unless people are more discerning about their choices. As a prime example look at the celebrity culture which is rampant today. Why to people give a dam about this stuff???, and why has it only exploded in the last 5 years.

So let me see if I understand you...

1) Wag the dog gives a good insight into how the world really works.
    2) Wag the Dog is a form of media, and thus is "given to us by our masters"
    3) These masters want to distract us from how the world really works.

So basically, Wag The Dog is an explanation of how the world really works, given to us in order to hide how the world really works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

You could not be further from the truth. All forms of media are a vital arm of goverment. Culture is not generated by the people, it is given to them by their masters.

So how did you hear about conspiracy theories then?
    Society can be shaped in any way they chose unless people are more discerning about their choices. As a prime example look at the celebrity culture which is rampant today. Why to people give a dam about this stuff???, and why has it only exploded in the last 5 years.

It's always been there. A mixture of expanding tv channels, cheaper equipment, and the internet makes it widely available.

Look into the work to Theodore Adorno (he wrote the beatles sonngs) possibly the most brilliant mind in this area.

I guess all that Lennon and Mc Cartney and Mc Cartney and Lennon nonsense was a figment of my imagination

No, you do not seem to understand at all. Insights are provided from time to time by the media. Look at "eyes wide shut" by Kubrick. He was killed after release. Things do slip through the net wether intentionally or not.

The media is a circus, dialectics are provided to confuse and baffle people. It is a minefield into which one must tread carefully.

Have you seen the film?

Diogenes wrote: »
    So how did you hear about conspiracy theories then?

It's always been there. A mixture of expanding tv channels, cheaper equipment, and the internet makes it widely available.

I guess all that Lennon and Mc Cartney and Mc Cartney and Lennon nonsense was a figment of my imagination

Adorno owned the rights to all the songs until his death. Jackson then bought them. The Beatles themselves were developed by Tavistock institute in London as the "good" group as compared to the Rolling stones.The Times, which you have referenced revieved its original charter from the queen.

I have no interest in conspiracy theories by the way.

No, you do not seem to understand at all. Insights are provided from time to time by the media. Look at "eyes wide shut" by Kubrick. He was killed after release. Things do slip through the net wether intentionally or not.

No he died from a heart attack. He was an obessive director working under enormous stress.

Please explain this to me casey. You're claiming the media is controlled, but none the less multimillion dollar feature films with high profile actors and directors can make films that expose how the NWO work, and their agenda.

It doesn't make sense.
    The media is a circus, dialectics are provided to confuse and baffle people. It is a minefield into which one must tread carefully.

Have you seen the film?

Yes. It's Kubrick's worst. A overly bombastic score, leaden pacing and that bizarre interlude in the costume shop.
    Adorno owned the rights to all the songs until his death. Jackson then bought them. The Beatles themselves were developed by Tavistock institute in London as the "good" group as compared to the Rolling stones.The Times, which you have referenced revieved its original charter from the queen.

You wouldn't be a dear and provide links to everything in the above. Because it's literally insane. Except the bit about Jackson buying the rights. More the Adorno held the rights and wrote their music, the Beatles were developed by the Tavistock insititute. And what's that about the Times?
    I have no interest in conspiracy theories by the way

Contender for most ironic statement of the year, right there.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Look at "eyes wide shut" by Kubrick.
    I have, more than once. What's it supposed to be telling me?
    He was killed after release.
    By whom, how and why?
    Things do slip through the net wether intentionally or not.
    I suppose a low-profile release like Eyes Wide Shut could easily go un-noticed until it was too late... (may contain irony).

Have you seen the film?

Assuming you mean Wag the Dog, then yes, I've seen it. I think its quite a good movie, but I would stand by my original stance, which is that its as "enlightening" about how the world really works as CSI is about crime labs.

Both are works of fiction, with some parallels to the real world, but where accuracy always plays second-fiddle to the story.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I have, more than once. What's it supposed to be telling me? By whom, how and why? I suppose a low-profile release like Eyes Wide Shut could easily go un-noticed until it was too late... (may contain irony).

If you look I said intentionally or NOT.

Eyes wide shut is a highly occultic film.

Refering to irony?? You said "what's it supposed to be telling me". Nothing I would assert, your eyes are "wide shut"

Assuming you mean Wag the Dog, then yes, I've seen it. I think its quite a good movie, but I would stand by my original stance, which is that its as "enlightening" about how the world really works as CSI is about crime labs.

Both are works of fiction, with some parallels to the real world, but where accuracy always plays second-fiddle to the story.

Refer to my original post. At no point did I mention that it was "truth". It is an allegory related to real events.

Woa woa woa. Back up here a bit. Are trying to tell me Crime Scene investigators don't carry guns, don't drive hummers, and can't analysis DNA in moments, and aren't involved in every level of an investigation?

My illusions are just shattered here!

You wouldn't be a dear and provide links to everything in the above. Because it's literally insane. Except the bit about Jackson buying the rights. More the Adorno held the rights and wrote their music, the Beatles were developed by the Tavistock insititute. And what's that about the Times?

If Mccartney and Lennon wrote the songs, why have they ever owned the rights. It is basic logic to assume that the writer holds the rights.

• Advertisement

If Mccartney and Lennon wrote the songs, why have they ever owned the rights. It is basic logic to assume that the writer holds the rights.

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/jackson.asp

You need to dig a bit deeper than that to find the truth.

When it comes to the music business logic just flies out the window. Intellectual property rights laws are complex.

You've not provided a shred of evidence that this Adorno bloke own the rights, never mind actually wrote, some of the best music of the 20th century. Do you have any?

When it comes to the music business logic just flies out the window. Intellectual property rights laws are complex.

You've not provided a shred of evidence that this Adorno bloke own the rights, never mind actually wrote, some of the best music of the 20th century. Do you have any?

Do your own research into the Beatles background. Where did they come from? How was the group formed? I did refer to their puppet masters the Tavistock Institute. Look into its history, why was it formed?

Do you expect me to reference the BBC or something. If it was easily referenced/proven it would be common knowledge, not overlooked truth.

Do your own research into the Beatles background. Where did they come from? How was the group formed? I did refer to their puppet masters the Tavistock Institute. Look into its history, why was it formed?

Do you expect me to reference the BBC or something. If it was easily referenced/proven it would be common knowledge, not overlooked truth.

Honestly I was going to compose a reply to this, but why bother?

Casey extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You're making the claims the onus is on you to provide the evidence.

I am not pushing my opinions on anyone, believe what you choose.

Again what evidence would satisfy you, something from Reuters possibly.

Just do the research.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

v interseting debate, we could why and where for until the cows come home but certainly I think the theory holds some water!!, for instance, is it true or an urban myth that no Jews were killed in 9/11 because they we all advised to stay at home that day by mosad (who are by a mile the best intelligence service on the planet):confused:

Mossad were founded and trained by MI6. MI6 still control them today.

I am not pushing my opinions on anyone, believe what you choose.

Again what evidence would satisfy you, something from Reuters possibly.

Just do the research.

Where? What did you look at? Who are the sources?

What would satisfy me is any solid reputable evidence.
    olds some water!!, for instance, is it true or an urban myth that no Jews were killed in 9/11 because they we all advised to stay at home that day by mosad (who are by a mile the best intelligence service on the plane

No thats the earliest, and most despicable 911 truth claims

http://911myths.com/html/4000_israelis.html

• Advertisement

I would not be concerned with who planned/carried out 9/11. The most important thing is the effect it has had on the ordinary person.

Carroll Quigley, Clinton's advisor, wrote in his book "Tradgey and Hope" that an event on the scale of Pearl Harbour was required to futher certain plans.

Look at how you own personal life has been infringed upon since this event.

Advertisement