Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!) Mod warning in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

yeah im going to have too, ordering 3 more mags for it so il need something for them its firing at 17bbs sec with a 9.6 battery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

note to self: stay behind gatling...jeeze thats like a friggen laser beam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

not to bad an idea vtec...gutting one like that..

i have ordered a crane stock and new barrell front end for the stubby...will still be short just not as short as it is...

was going to do something similar to an ak 47s 9the folding stock one)

i finally got the largest strongest UV leds available for the silencer, i am going to give it one more shot, i will have so many leds in it, i rekon i will steralise and cook the friggen bb's as they leave LOL. its for the tracer rounds

would it not be better to have the LEDs in the mag? i cant see them getting enough exposure to the UV to be charged enough., although i did a quick test with white light and UV light and the way glow stuff reacts to UV is WAY better than to white light, i charged my watch with it an ive never seen it so bright.,

just keep filling mags for me and you can behind me ,hicap barely lasts a minute it going to cost me a fortune

vtec wrote: »
    would it not be better to have the LEDs in the mag? i cant see them getting enough exposure to the UV to be charged enough., although i did a quick test with white light and UV light and the way glow stuff reacts to UV is WAY better than to white light, i charged my watch with it an ive never seen it so bright.,

i actually have some of the g&p illuminated ones..they do work, but are 30 dollars a pop. they also have a wee issue when you are just firing occassionally. as they do not light so well on occassional fire..so i was going to mod the silencer...failing that i am going to mod the hopup with an led ala a guy who did this on arines, among other places...so it would be cheaper then buying the mags

this is the final route i will take...

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=4445.0

• Advertisement

cant wait to see the end result fall,

oh i didnt mean buy them, id just make them from regular mags, could line the inside of the mag with reflective vinyl or something, then with the LEDs the light would travel better., ive never seen this stuff though so im not too familiar with tracers and the like.,

Gatling wrote: »
    cant wait to see the end result fall,

that makes 2 of us, with christmas, work, home, diy, a friggen flu from hell that went on so long i cant even remember what it like not coughing...

if the silencer works, that the easiest, it the last point of the barrel, which i guess is why TM did it that way...

it not tricky tbh, a few uv leds, a soldering iron, a few resistors and a switch...i might even try run it off the main battery to try and avoid the necessity of a seperate one...

the million dollar q, is are the bb's going too fast for the current strenght of a uv led...TM used a strobe, so i am hoping LED technology has moved a bit further on, coupled with it used bugger all power and will last a helluva lot longer then a strobe

oh i didnt mean buy them, id just make them from regular mags, could line the inside of the mag with reflective vinyl or something, then with the LEDs the light would travel better., ive never seen this stuff though so im not too familiar with tracers and the like.,

yep you can do that (i have a link on how somewhere dude), but you will still have the same problem if you fire on auto, u wont have any issues. if you are doing one or 2 taps every 10 to 15 seconds, they loose the brightness

you could always charge the bbs before you but them in the mag to give them a helping hand,lol., they stay lit for ages.,

• Advertisement

you could always charge the bbs before you but them in the mag to give them a helping hand,lol., they stay lit for ages.,

well i am a picky git...when they are on full charge and full auto, its like the battle scene in 'the empire strikes back'!! i am looking at these for a evening shoot in hrta...i have tried the siis ones, not great, i have g&g and Tm ones, they are much better..but they do loose brightness quite fast, i guess its cheap disposable plastic

so it comes down to how bright you want them..i want them super bright, hence all the mods...

anyways, i will let ye know...

so an sl9, a p90, a zombie stubby...anyone else care to add what they are getting

one edit: anyonse see that g22 gas rifle on gunner...is that based n something real or someone smoking dope in china?

anyone see that G36k in the "photos of your airsoft" thread? it has some sort of M4 stock on it, id love that stock for my M4, anyone know where its from?
    he has some nice airsoft kit, wonder if he needs a best friend.,hmm.,lol

fall the g22 is based on a modded vsr 10 ,there s a pic on asi somewhere

anyone see that G36k in the "photos of your airsoft" thread? it has some sort of M4 stock on it, id love that stock for my M4, anyone know where its from?
    he has some nice airsoft kit, wonder if he needs a best friend.,hmm.,lol

its a magpull stock get em on line for about 70 euro

just had a quick look on ebay and looks like there going for around 200USD? thats crazy money for a stock., i wouldnt mind 70euro though,

pricey considering its just for looks ,and you wont make your money back if you sell the M4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I think I spotted that stock on ebaybanned. 70 bucks seemed the price it was on the block for too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I was thinkin about getting an SL9, but their pretty expencive and i found a double elephant one on ebay thats pretty cheap., id say its a piece of crap but i was thinkin about putting all my G36c internals into it and having a bargain SL9.,:D
    I was thinkin about a launcher for my M4 aswell but I cant see myself using that much really.,

EDIT: was looking at those stubbys somewhere, they look class.,lol are they any good?

I have one of the Both Elephant SL9s vtec they are poo as standard, i'm gonna replace the internals and give it a bit of a touch up sometime soon, it's a long bastard of a gun though i wouldn't use it in a skirmish! It's currently in bits on my floor lol

Gatling wrote: »
    yeah im going to have too, ordering 3 more mags for it so il need something for them its firing at 17bbs sec with a 9.6 battery

Oh so jealous! lol ;)

• Advertisement

zero19 wrote: »
    I have one of the Both Elephant SL9s vtec they are poo as standard, i'm gonna replace the internals and give it a bit of a touch up sometime soon, it's a long bastard of a gun though i wouldn't use it in a skirmish! It's currently in bits on my floor lol

the one I saw on ebay wass called "double elephant" I think zero, are those and the both elephant the same thing? I was only intending on using the body from it anyway and fit my JG G36c internals in it, I like the idea of a full auto sniper, lol
    @nakedex, I just saw that stock on ebaybanned now, its going for 65quidich so I'm gonna order one.
    cheers man,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

"double elephant" I think zero, are those and the both elephant the same thing?

i think so after all D|Boys and Boyi are the same

and JG are also knows as Ecko or something aswell i think,.,

and JG are also knows as Ecko or something aswell i think,.,

yeah and golden something, i dunno why they can't just have the one name to save all the confusion:confused:

That's exactly what i plan on doing to mine vtec, i would guess they are the same not 100% though. I have an awful fear that i'll like the JG G36 as is and have to buy another to savage lol

I like the G36c as it is aswell but at least you could revert back to it if your not really into the SL9, better than buying another G36 really.,
    what do you think of the body on your SL9? is it decent quality? and where did you get yours/price etc.,
    cheers,

I like the idea of a full auto sniper, lol

A sniper with the fire rate of a G36c would be impressive!

yeah it would wouldnt it,., and having that amount of rounds aswell over the average 25ish sniper.,lol, im gonna up the batter in mine to 9.6 aswell so its gonna fire like a crazed maniac., :D

The body is alright feck all trademarks on it, needs cleaning up for sure, The stock can be modded to take a big battery no problem. I got mine from airshooter last year in september for around 120 delivered i think

• Advertisement

thats not too bad then huh., with the G36 internals it will still work out cheaper than a proper SL9.,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement