Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long is your commute to work???

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

About 20 minutes from Lucan to St. Stephens Green, 25 minutes if there is bad traffic.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

5 minute walk and 15 mins on the luas...and I still manage to be late every day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

45 minutes generally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

leave house at 4.45 and start work at 8, leave work at 4 home at around half six!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

robinph wrote: »
    About 20 minutes from Lucan to St. Stephens Green, 25 minutes if there is bad traffic.

:eek: Do you go to work at 3am in a Ferrari?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Ahh Dublin. Glad I don't live there (or at some point in the horrid commuter belt) for that reason alone.

Takes me 10 mins on mo rothar about 5-25mins if I take the car (generally don't I think 3 times in the last year) depending on the traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Should really have an option for homeworkers as we just walk to the next room?

Mind you, can take me an hour some monrings. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

10 mins walk, shamefully, 2 mins drive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

zuutroy wrote: »
    Nah, straight down the bus lane all the way on two wheels. The traffic lights slow things down for me more than the traffic does.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

zuutroy wrote: »

Yeah, either that or a helicopter! :eek:
    robinph, how do you get from Lucan to St. Stephen's Green in 20 mins? :confused:

On-topic, my commute is about 30 mins for a 35 mile drive. A14 and onto the A11 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Snarler

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Yeah, either that or a helicopter! :eek:
    robinph, how do you get from Lucan to St. Stephen's Green in 20 mins? :confused:

On-topic, my commute is about 30 mins for a 35 mile drive. A14 and onto the A11 :)

its only an 8 mile journey.
    I drive from Maynooth to O'Connell st. in about 20-22 minutes off peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm really lucky in that I have a 5 minute walk to work. However I have travelled from Kildare to Dublin for many years and that could be as quick as 45mins each way to 2 hours depending on traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

4 and a half minute walk. I've timed it to the second!

When I was living at home during college it was over an hour each way. Hate commuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Snarler wrote: »

Magic words! When I lived in Maynooth, getting into Dublin during rush hour was a fcuking nightmare! I also lived in Lucan so I know anyone posting sub-1-hour times is either telling porkies or travelling off-peak or in bus lanes ;)
    Nice to be able to commute at off-peak times :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Moving jobs in 2 weeks and commute will only be about 10 minutes.
    Currently it's about 25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭rossious

55 mins all in,each way, includes dropping the good lady to Wyeth!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

3 to 10 minutes depending on volume of sheep on the road :D:D

Snarler wrote: »
    It's always off peak when your on two wheels, well until you get right into the city and the bus lanes dissapear. Of course I should probably have added and extra 5 minutes or so to my commuting time for getting all the waterproofs on and off at each end as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

My commute to work is 5 seconds, I work from home so its a trip from the bedroom to the office. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

it's about an hour for me, but that isn't so bad as it mostly spent on the DART, where I read. That is way more to my liking than driving. I don't know how people endure long drives to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

10 min, if i count locking my bike and walking in the door

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

About 10 seconds. Less if I get out of bed and to my PC quickly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

i used to live about 30 seconds walk to work.. i tought it was a bad idea as i recon the commute to and from work helps you distance yourself from the work frame of mind...

now i go by motorbike which takes me around 25-30 mins

or if i drive my car it take 60-70 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

BuffyBot wrote: »
    About 10 seconds. Less if I get out of bed and to my PC quickly
    Your far to eager to get to work. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

1hr - 1hr 20m Blanchardstown to Cabinteely. On a motorbike. Through town and usually the same back, sometimes more. Havent passed my test so cant use M50 but even if I did, it'll still be about the same since they closed the glenamuck rd at kiltiernan, forcing me off at leopardstown or cherrywood.

Nightmare when its raining the whole commute, like today :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

When I was working in Boston (the city in America, not Boston Scientific) back in 1998 I had to be out the door at 6.30am to have any hope of getting to work by 9, and wasn't home till 8.30 each night. Did it for a year and swore never again. Ever since I've refused to even look at a job that'll be more than 20 mins away.

Commuting more than 30 mins is a mugs game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

10 Miles, ~15 minutes, was absolutely no traffic lights until recently when they installed a set [99% green] at the local secondary school exit :)

- Come to Limerick and simply ignore the rampant everyday violence and crime like the locals have learnt to do ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

it takes half an hour sometimes, and well over an hour sometimes.
    oh the joy of workin in town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

About 6 min through back roads of Blanch by car. Bus service is unreliable and don't go on my times at shift.
    Before anyone tree huggers give out :)..Used to cycle it for years, too many near misses mostly with trucks hence got car.

Wouldn't walk it either, its suicidal as there are no paths.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I take it its one way as using irish rail there is severe dysfunction between morning and evening srevices.

It used to be over two hours each way for me.

But since our premises moved 8 miles that has dropped to juts over one hour each way.... no coordinated transport system here.

Advertisement