Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stress due to scumbag

Options

Comments

Ive only read the first page but can someone point out the scumbag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

lol, this reminds me of when i was young. parents would come home from work late. the car bonnet would be nice and warm so a cat would always come and sit on the car and make a mess of it, so i was left with instructions to poor a bucket of water from my bedroom window on top of any cat who sat on the car.
    the cats got the message soon enough lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

ondafly wrote: »
    @LouOB : The law is on your side on the cat issue. If I recall correctly a dog owner is responsible for any damage/trespassing their dog does. However a cat is deemed not trainable under the eyes of the law, and as such you (the owner) cannot be held responsible for your cats actions.
    Are you taking the pi$$?
    If someone wants to keep a cat as a pet they should control it. There's an unbelievable amount of cat's around roaming around where I live which incidently is the same area as the OP:p

I was going to buy a BB gun for the laugh, but figured I have every tree hugger in the area beating down my door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

utick wrote: »
    lol, this reminds me of when i was young. parents would come home from work late. the car bonnet would be nice and warm so a cat would always come and sit on the car and make a mess of it, so i was left with instructions to poor a bucket of water from my bedroom window on top of any cat who sat on the car.
    the cats got the message soon enough lol

eh what? Make a mess of what? The professional wax job?

I have cats, two. They are cleaner than the dog, **** in a tray in the shed, cover it, and wipe themselves clean afterwards. I know people who have much less regard for their personal hygiene.

People hate cats because their parents did.
    People think cats are dirty because they were brought up to think so and never got close enough to one to experience it for themselves.
    People hate cats because of that "one time" when a cat got as much of a fright seeing them as they did the cat.
    People also hate cats because they were brought up to thing of them as "evil", which realistically makes about as much sense as tipping your hat at magpies.

You get toxoplasmosis (sp) from hanging around cat****.
    In all honesty, who would be hanging around cat ****?

Like everything else if you are the type of person who likes to hang around cat **** or doesn't advise their children to wash their hands after digging in the garden, then you will get it and possibly everything else going too. (You can have it and it will be of no danger to you what so ever unless you become considerably run down or are pregnant)

In fairness, most kids like computer games these days and dont tend to dig in loose muck for cat ****.

In the case of the OP I would say that the scumbag next door is probably not a scumbag but not educated about cats. Like most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

bug wrote: »

People think cats are dirty because they were brought up to think so and never got close enough to one to experience it for themselves.
    People hate cats because of that "one time" when a cat got as much of a fright seeing them as they did the cat.
    People also hate cats because they were brought up to thing of them as "evil", which realistically makes about as much sense as tipping your hat at magpies.

Nonsense.

I hate cats because every single cat I've ever encountered has turned on me/their owner/their owners child/sibbling and tried to scratch their eyes out, without reason/being antagonised.

I don't like cats because cats are like people, most of them are ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Nonsense.

I hate cats because every single cat I've ever encountered has turned on me/their owner/their owners child/sibbling and tried to scratch their eyes out, without reason/being antagonised.

I don't like cats because cats are like people, most of them are ****.

Funny that, been around them all my life, I've never had one go for the eyes :D Really for the eyes? :rolleyes:

Cats are like dogs in one respect, if their owners don't treat them well they can be nervous but to far less detriment.

I haven't yet seen a case of young child savagely mauled by a domestic cat. Yet people give out far more about them. Which I find odd.

True, you got me there :rolleyes:, they go for the face, does it matter where they scratch/claw you? Cúnts, the lot of them.

I'm not a fan of all dogs, but most are docile and friendly.

:)

(i.e I don't favor dogs that are violent or any of the yappy inbred ankle biting bastarding knackerish dogs whose owners call the bread 'terrier', they are worse than cats tbh)
    bug wrote:
    I haven't yet seen a case of young child savagely mauled by a domestic cat. Yet people give out far more about them. Which I find odd.

True, that doesn't happen much/ if ever. But how many newspaper reports will be dedicated to the many many many cats that claw at people and scratch them?

None, it's not going to make the newspaper, but the vast majority, and every wretched cat I have ever encountered does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bytesize

LouOB wrote: »
    I work during the day so cats only get to go out at night. Dont blame neighbuour re cat in house either, was v v embarrassed and apologized. But one can only do so much.

I have to say that this is total BS. I have to agree with your neighbour on this one I'm afraid as I fully understand how s/he feels. I lived in a house for almost 3 years beside a house that had a cat. We couldn't leave any windows open unless we were in the room, as the cat would constantly come into the house and do god only knows what. We sometimes had left over food still on plates with cling film on them, stuff that wouldn't need to be refrigerated, and the ****er would pick at them. it was horrible. Sure some may reply that I shouldn't have left food out, but it was my frickin house, I am entitled to do as I please. If I had of been able to catch it, it would never have been seen again. let's just say my dog would have had a nice meal for a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I am very opposed to the cat hatred in this thread. Cats are lovely animals. Cute and fluffy.

To those that persist, I hope you get devoured by a hungry lion some day. I have never seen cats do anything bad really. Whereas I have heard about dogs mauling young children in the street.

Cats win. Lovely beasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Either get rid of the cats or control them. They're your cats, not the neighbourhoods, and no-one else should have to put up with them. I'm sure you'd complain if the neighbour's dog started coming into your back garden to relieve itself or just to scratch about.

Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost sympathy for your situation, but the fact remains you have to control your animals.

Control cats? Are you for real? Ok let's kill all the cats. While we're at it let's get rid of all mobile phone masts, stop all building work, stop eating anything, stop talking lest we offend anybody, if anyone complains about anything we are doing, no matter how ridiculous, immediately stop doing it and apologise. Oh yes stop having babies, they annoy some people, as a race lets just crawl in a hole in die, only be sure it's 10 miles from the nearest house. My response to people like you ... blow me. People like YOU are the reason the world is so screwed up. INTOLERANT FASCISTS. Nitpicking about pathetic unimportant issues. If you want to make a difference get out there and protest about the health service - now there's a life and death issue but no-one really cares.

What gives people like you the right to issue diktats to the rest of us? Let her have her cats - they might kill a few rats.

Aaaaah I feel better now :D

• Advertisement

professore wrote: »
    Control cats? Are you for real? Ok let's kill all the cats. While we're at it let's get rid of all mobile phone masts, stop all building work, stop eating anything, stop talking lest we offend anybody, if anyone complains about anything we are doing, no matter how ridiculous, immediately stop doing it and apologise. Oh yes stop having babies, they annoy some people, as a race lets just crawl in a hole in die, only be sure it's 10 miles from the nearest house. My response to people like you ... blow me. People like YOU are the reason the world is so screwed up. INTOLERANT FASCISTS. Nitpicking about pathetic unimportant issues. If you want to make a difference get out there and protest about the health service - now there's a life and death issue but no-one really cares.

Good idea, I wouldn't say kill them, but we should breed them out. 20 years and we can be catless.

What gives people like you the right to issue diktats to the rest of us? Let her have her cats - they might kill a few rats.

ahhhh, good point. Think I'll get a puma, and let it roam the neighbourhood.

What gives anyone the right to dictate that I shouldn't?
    He'll probably destroy the rat population in the neighbourhood, rat's wouldn't stand a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Good idea, I wouldn't say kill them, but we should breed them out. 20 years and we can be catless.

He'll probably destroy the rat population in the neighbourhood, rat's wouldn't stand a chance!

Mr Rigger, you talk poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bytesize

Ha Ha Ha quality post. Maybe I should but puma on my Christmas list to Santa. And i don't mean the clothing brand.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I have had some 'neighbour' problems and was sent a solicitors letter because my cats, I have two, were on their 'property' ie back garden. One of them got into their house once, I had to go in and collect frightened cat under a bed. Understandably I was embarressed and apologised, but their front door wide open and cat was new to area.

I have since found out that neighbour is talking about me behind my back and twisting words to rest of neighbours. Even to the extent of a different neighbour, whom I have never met before, knocking on my door to complain that my cat (they not even sure if it was) sitting on car or outside their house.

I might add that this 'neighbour' is the only person who has a problem. And I get on well with rest of neighbours in estate.There are loads of other cats in the area not just mine. I have spoken to legal counsel and county council who have said letter is quote 'laughable'. But issue is really getting me down.

You can safely ignore a solicitor's letter someone sent because a cat got into their back garden. Your neighbour sounds like a ****ing weirdo.

However, some people hate and/or allergic to cats, as obvious by this thread. In the interests of a quiet life you should take some steps to try and stop the cat freaking them out or going into their house. The onus to be a good neighbour is not entirely on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

get a puma

mmmmmmmmmmm now you are talking

Oh and have tried to talk to said neighbour in the past and come to understanding , but like a brick wall. Like another boarder said above, 'uneducated'.

Bought a t-shirt with cats on it, think ill wear it this weekend and do front garden. What you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Lets be clear here. Are you calling me an "intolerant fascist"? Yes or no?

You are grossly OTT in your reaction, and in your interpretation of my post. Is your axe hammerlike?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Were cat eyes not responsible for saving lives on the roads???

An inventor got idea during WW2 aparenlty when he cats eyes reflect the light. He used this idea to make the 'cats eyes' on the roads that have saved people in the dark when driving. Dont have proper link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

An inventor got idea during WW2 aparenlty when he cats eyes reflect the light. He used this idea to make the 'cats eyes' on the roads that have saved people in the dark when driving. Dont have proper link.

Yes. It was an invention that lead to the end of the blind cats plague of the 1930s-40s ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Yeah. The guy that invented them cut off a load of cats heads and stuck them into potholes. Those cats had it coming though

• Advertisement

At least their deaths not in vain - pussy power

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Very intelligent cats actually.

Contradiction in terms :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Stephen wrote: »
    That is ridiculous. What harm is the cat doing if it goes into someone's garden? I've never known of a cat that didn't roam around its neighbourhood. Its what they do :)

They can crap in your back garden. Not nice if you have small kids that like to play in it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

what if your neighbours dog decided to go in to your house and hid under the bed or start sh.tting in your garden ???? i bet you would be around there like a flash complaining.

it is not acceptable that cats are allowed to roam around freely. there should be some law against it.

i have a cat ****.ting in my garden, digging up my flower boxes to sh.it in, do you think this is acceptable.

your neighbour is completely right and you should be ashamed of yourself and your attitude torwards your neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

Very difficuly situation you're in there irishbird. Digging up flowerboxes and all? Wow. I think maybe all cats should be executed, this is madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

buy your neighbour one of those sonic cat repellent thingys for christmas , like from here http://www.deteracat.co.uk/index.htm

or you could surround your house with them and restrict your cat to a square foor of space.

for the record i hate cats as they have no useful function that I can see, as a pet they're crap: show no loyalty and too stupid to do anything but eat and sleep. and as a security enhancing animal they're also useless as they cannot savage a burglar (unless the burglar is mouse sized, which isn't much or a worry tbh) , give me an alsatian any day ( actually if you got an alsatian your neightbour would probably be nicer to you)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

bug wrote:
    I have cats, two. They are cleaner than the dog, **** in a tray in the shed, cover it, and wipe themselves clean afterwards. I know people who have much less regard for their personal hygiene.
    So you are saying everyones cat is as perfect as this? That no cat anywhere in Ireland s**ts in anywhere but their owners tray?
    bug wrote:
    None of the above happened to me and I don't like cats. Sure sometimes they can look cute or funny, but I just don't want one for a pet and I would not be happy with one roaming around my garden and getting into my house. I'm just a dog person :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I don't understand why anyone should have to put up with a neighbours cats on their property. Cats mark any territory they can with their urine, which absolutely stinks. No-one should have to put up with them trespassing.

As for the bad mouthing and such,well that's just childish.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

AH response: I hate cats

PI response: I hate cats

Thats what I would have posted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Its a well known fact that cats are satans minnions. Kill them

Advertisement