Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stress due to scumbag

Options
  • 08-11-2007 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

I have had some 'neighbour' problems and was sent a solicitors letter because my cats, I have two, were on their 'property' ie back garden. One of them got into their house once, I had to go in and collect frightened cat under a bed. Understandably I was embarressed and apologised, but their front door wide open and cat was new to area.

I have since found out that neighbour is talking about me behind my back and twisting words to rest of neighbours. Even to the extent of a different neighbour, whom I have never met before, knocking on my door to complain that my cat (they not even sure if it was) sitting on car or outside their house.

I might add that this 'neighbour' is the only person who has a problem. And I get on well with rest of neighbours in estate.There are loads of other cats in the area not just mine. I have spoken to legal counsel and county council who have said letter is quote 'laughable'. But issue is really getting me down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH response: So who is the scumbag again?

PI response: You should consider having the cats only indoors or on a leach. The living space between your houses are everyone's to share and I can understand if you neighbour gets upset if your cat entered his house, albeit only once. Just because there are other cats in the area does not in any way excuse your cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You say you get on well with your other neighbours, but do they neighbours all know your side of the story? Ask them if they've ever had problems with them. It may just be a matter of ignoring them. My estate has a fair few weirdos who try to hassle people, and once they realised they were no longer getting a reastion out of us, they just kept to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Simple solution really ..kill the cats...they're evil anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The issue will resolve itself in time if this is the type of person your neighbour is then they'll show their true colours to everyone else eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

'neighbour'

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    You say you get on well with your other neighbours, but do they neighbours all know your side of the story? Ask them if they've ever had problems with them. It may just be a matter of ignoring them. My estate has a fair few weirdos who try to hassle people, and once they realised they were no longer getting a reastion out of us, they just kept to themselves.

yep they all know full story - am not much of a bull ****ter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

The answer is obvious, train the cats to **** on his doorstep and no one elses. That or have him killed(the scum, not the cat).

humanji wrote: »
    You should consider having the cats only indoors or on a leach

I work during the day so cats only get to go out at night. Dont blame neighbuour re cat in house either, was v v embarressed and apologised. But one can only do so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

biko wrote: »
    AH response: So who is the scumbag again?

PI response: You should consider having the cats only indoors or on a leach. The living space between your houses are everyone's to share and I can understand if you neighbour gets upset if your cat entered his house, albeit only once. Just because there are other cats in the area does not in any way excuse your cats.

Lolz!

You should take up a hobby like canoeing. That will take your mind off your soon to be missing cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That is ridiculous. What harm is the cat doing if it goes into someone's garden? I've never known of a cat that didn't roam around its neighbourhood. Its what they do :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Cats are scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Hellm0 wrote: »
    The answer is obvious, train the cats to **** on his doorstep and no one elses. That or have him killed(the scum, not the cat).

Screw that, just do it yourself and blame it on the cat.

No point training the cat that this will annoy people or next time it doesn't get the expensive pet food, :eek:

brim4brim wrote: »
    Screw that, just do it yourself and blame it on the cat.:

lol keep it coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Ah get yourself a man and stop bothering your neighbours with your friend-substitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fit the scumbag cat with a big bell or better yet an electric collar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

you sound like a crazy cat lady,

accept your faith, throw your cats at your neighbours and allow the cats to piss on your clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Is your cat called "scumbag"?

Some people HATE cats! I, for one, think they're evil and was woken one night (in my cot - I was only 1) by a dirty big black f*cking cat lying beside me! :( I think they're posessed!

Solicitors letters are a bit much though - ignore it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I bet the solicitor was delighted all those years of study had brought him to that calibre of legal argument!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

People are cunts... Thats what I think.
    Maybe if you dressed your cat up in a funny little outfit, like an elf for christmas, with a little pointed hat (earholes cut out for the cats ears) and little elf shoes people would like it better..?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

cats are beautiful creatures. Leave the 'scumbag' cat alone...lol.
    As for the 'scumbag' neighbour - IGNORE them...some people you just can't please. Try as much as you can to keep the cats around your own house (probably impossible i know)..but make sure they'll always have a bowl of food to come home to else they WILL go looking for food elsewhere.
    But if they've had a rough experience (scared kitty hiding under bed) in your neighbours house they probably won't go back there! they're smart little creature, once bitten bla bla....excuse the pun. ...

Anyway I just thought I'd pipe in , what with all the kitty bashing.

• Advertisement

I call 'neighbour' 'scumbag' due to the volume, tone and accent of voice i.e. whole estate can hear this person speak(does not reflect on anyway where person was brought up - just how they were brought up).
    Cursing and shouting at person is not a conversation in my opinion - this was not done to me but other neighbours.

Also lack of manners, consideration to other neighbours in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

This reminds of the brilliant cat threatening thread of a few months ago, not quite as funny though:rolleyes:

I don't blame the neighbours though, cats are fooking horrible creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Eh... cats can spread disease (eg toxoplasmosis) and also could scare and scratch small children. How would you feel if your neighbour had an open compost heap in their back garden which attracted rats? And some of the rats ended up in your house? Wouldn't you feel that you have a right to complain?

If your neighbour really was the scumbag you suggest, let's be honest, I don't think your cat would still be alive.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

Stephen wrote: »
    That is ridiculous. What harm is the cat doing if it goes into someone's garden? I've never known of a cat that didn't roam around its neighbourhood. Its what they do :)

how about sh*tting all over your garden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Either get rid of the cats or control them. They're your cats, not the neighbourhoods, and no-one else should have to put up with them. I'm sure you'd complain if the neighbour's dog started coming into your back garden to relieve itself or just to scratch about.

Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost sympathy for your situation, but the fact remains you have to control your animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

LouOB wrote: »
    I call 'neighbour' 'scumbag' due to the volume, tone and accent of voice i.e. whole estate can hear this person speak(does not reflect on anyway where person was brought up - just how they were brought up).
    Cursing and shouting at person is not a conversation in my opinion - this was not done to me but other neighbours.

Also lack of manners, consideration to other neighbours in the past

Well then the scumbag has nothing better to do with their time than to harrass you. Don't change anything, you've done absolutely nothing wrong here. A stray cat could just as easily have roamed into their house nevermind mice, rats - sure THEY left their front door wide open!!! Try as best you can to ignore scumbag and get on with your day to day life...I'm sure your other neighbours know what your scumbag neighbour is like and won't judge you because of their opinions of you and your cat ... my friend has neighbour problems @ the moment aswell and it's REALLY getting her down, it's not over a cat, but a child and it's heartbreaking what the "neghbours" who are also scumbags are doing......try and ignore them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Neighbours, everybody needs good Neighbours
    With a little understanding, you can find the perfect blend
    Neighbours, should be there for one another
    That's when good Neighbours become good friends
    Oooh, Neighbours, should be there for one another
    That's when good Neighbours become good friends

Bah, ignore him, Unless the cat is in there everyday
    pooping on his cornflakes, i'd say he's just got typical
    moany neighbour syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Eh... cats can spread disease (eg toxoplasmosis)

so can humans - what do you suggest we do with them.

could scare and scratch small children.

:p...will someone please think of the children!
    How would you feel if your neighbour had an open compost heap in their back garden which attracted rats? And some of the rats ended up in your house?
    Sure her cat would 'take care' of those rats, so she'd be laughing really! As for the scumbag neighbour, lets hope the rats infest his miserable house.
    If your neighbour really was the scumbag you suggest, let's be honest, I don't think your cat would still be alive.
    IF the neighbour did ANYTHING to a harmless animal then he is indeed a SCUMBAG.

OP, lets hope the next time your cat gets into the neighbours house she has the good sense to sh*t in his slippers.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Cats over here have to be on leashes in the city, they look so p***ed off sometimes :D

The letter is over reacting, but I would not like a cat s**ting in the garden my kids play in everyday, but then I will probably have a dog so cats won't be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

odyssey06 wrote:
    Eh... cats can spread disease (eg toxoplasmosis)
    seaner wrote: »
    so can humans - what do you suggest we do with them.

I'd suggest you don't keep humans as pets.

Advertisement