Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the first movie you saw in the Cinema?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

bethoven's 2nd i think.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I lived 5 mins away from the cinema before they knocked it down :( But the first film I remember seeing was He-Man the film with Dolph Lungren and Courtney Cox ha ha..Was pretty violent far a little kid but I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

My earliest memory of the cinema is the Muppets Chrismas Carol.... It never lost its touch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

E.T. I was sitting right uo at the front. remember crying my eyes out and eating a sherbit dip.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Bedknobs and Broomsticks:o

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Think twas The Lion King

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dvega

i think it was one of the supermans 1 or 2 cant remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Garroldy

there was a cinema in Lucan and one of my earliest memories was going to see some Bruce Lee movies with my older cousin. It was across the road from my aunties house. I don't think that age restrictions were considered to much.I think I would have been 5/6, it would have been in the mid 70's.

The pulled it down in the 80's, the last movie I saw in it was Red Dawn and the there weren't alot of seats left at that stage. The gougers used to pull them up and move them around like sofas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

First movie i saw in the cinema....Into The West....a fine film!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Haven't a clue. Used to go to the cinema ALOT.

Was something like Gremlins 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Some Bruce Lee movie somewhen in the 70s. Watched it with my brother and my mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

The Love Bug, Yay Herbie
    Oscar Cinema in Newbridge in 80/81.
    God I feel old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

The Last unicorn and I lovvvvveeeed it, I'd watch it again now if I could :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

E.T.

Or at least that's the first one I stayed awake all the way through. According to my mother I sat bolt upright throughout and cried at the end.

I'm a sap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

An old cinema is just a few houses up from where I grew up, they stopped showing movies just before I was born and then just held musicals there before it shut down. Used to hang around in there afterwards and once found a full reel of Midnight Express in the projector room. When I went to take it the next day some lil' fukkers set fire to the place and it burnt out. :mad:

Anywho, the 1st movie I saw was either the 1st Addams Family or Batman Returns in a crummy cinema with incredibly dusty seats. I was about 6 or 7 at the time. Ah, cherished memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Tazdedub

The first that I can remember was indiana Jones and the raiders of the lost ark. The reason why I remember it was because ET had come out around the same time and we were going to see that but the queue was the length of O' Connell street so we went to see indy instead. I think for weeks after that I was trying out all the stunts.:-) The next movie then was ET when the queues died down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I think mine was Star Wars. Perhaps it's just me but I thought the new Star Wars was terrible, a pale imitation in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

The Jungle Book!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

MW wrote: »
    I remember my Dad bringing my Sister and I to see Snow White and The Seven Dwarves when it was re-released. We were so excited!!! Back then there was nothing in the cinema to eat, so you brought your L&N Superstores bag full of cheap goodies. Them were the days!! My friends first film in the cinema was "The Addams Family" and I remember thinking how much of a seasoned pro at cinema going I was compared to her. I still try to go to the cinema once a week, of course now it nearly costs as much as a night out on the piss!!!

Same here, Snow white :) (don't really like it now though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ASIL1983

I think it was either Lady and The Tramp or Who Framed Roger Rabbit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

jessie1 wrote: »
    The Golden Child with Eddie Murphy, it was Christmas time and bloody freezing and we queued on O'Connell street to get in, but we didn't mind cos we were too busy looking at the Christmas lights. We were brought to McDonalds across the road after, thrilled with ourselves we were!

Mine was 101 dalmations in 1984 and rockr 4 in 1985

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I can't remember the title but I was in Lourdes in 1985 on a pilgrimage and it was a film about saint Bernadette. A year later, my first film officially in English was My Little Pony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

bambi - cant remember when though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Ghostbusters 2 in 1989 (i was 6) in the Savoy on O'Connell Street, Dublin

The cinema seemd so magical then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Bigfoot and the Henderson's!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dunmoon

My mum brought the four of us kids to see The Sound of Music in the Abbey Cinema in Wexford Town in 1968 I think. Don't much remember the main feature, I was more impressed with the Disney support about a family of wolves!
    The big screen and the sound really blew us all away tho, awesome at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

I went to see Look whos Talking with my sister and she was going out with someone who worked in the cinema and he sneeked me in because i was underage; anyway i was so excited and thought going to the cinema was the best thing in the world for about a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

The Jungle Book.

The cinema's a car dealership now...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Three Men and a Little Lady, think I was about 6 or 7 at the time... It was such an adventure to me lol.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

First one I remember seeing in the cinema was Jurassic Park, though I'm sure there was one or two before that.

Remember bringing my brother to his first movie, Casper, in the cinema in Monaghan.

Advertisement