Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you drink your 2 Litres of water per day?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I drink about 3 litres of water a day. I love the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Forky wrote: »

Had a feeling. There was way too much filth in the water he filtered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

There are fewer regulations on bottled water then tap water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Mineral water is more regulated than spring water

Its tested regularly and is suitable for babies and the vulnerable

Dont think spring water has to pass all those checks so wouldnt give it to a baby or ill person

Look at all the people that got sick in galway before they discovered the dirty tap water and there was more diry water found there in a part of galway last week so wouldnt always think tap water is the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I started a new job a 2 weeks ago and involves a lot of yapping on the phone and my mouth is dry after the big long script I have to read so probably drink at least 2 litres a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

cazzy wrote: »
    Mineral water is more regulated than spring water

Its tested regularly and is suitable for babies and the vulnerable

Dont think spring water has to pass all those checks so wouldnt give it to a baby or ill person

Look at all the people that got sick in galway before they discovered the dirty tap water and there was more diry water found there in a part of galway last week so wouldnt always think tap water is the best
    We had that in my home town too, 2 weeks before they told us. I will never drink tap water again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Can I heat my water and put java or tea in my two liters? If so, with all the homework I now have to do at USC, I probably do consume 2 liters.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

More.. I'd say I drink about 3 ltrs.. I'd drink a 2 ltr in work alone and then loads more when I go home :D..

I wake up a lot at night though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

clown bag wrote: »
    enjoy those 8 litres of water a day g'em :)

Ah I drink super-hyper-oxygenated-water, specially flown in from Switzerland - filtered through the ice crystals of the Alps, it's like drinking liquid diamonds.

Obviously, this isn't true. But I definitely don't drink the crap shown in those photos...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'd drink probably 1.5 litres in work, 1.5 lites at the gym/training then .5 litres before I got to bed. Never have an middle of the night wee wees but am bursting by early next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

trying to cut down on water as I find myself routinely having to go 20 minutes before i get up for work.......if anyone experiences this there is no worse feeling than going back to bed knowing you only have another 20mins kip, plus you dont sleep properly after. plus there is a good 10 mins debating wether to get up or not.

Normally drink 1 500ml bottle in work after cycling in and then another about 11 in the morning, then random cups of water in the afternoon, but its going to stop i tells ya!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Dont drink water alone.
    My day consists of 1 glass Topicana Grapefruit, 2 Coffees, 1 can fizzy stuff, 1 Coffee, 1 can fizzy stuff, 1-2 cans beer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You'll be delighted to know Piggie, that I do indeed get the 2lts into me on a daily basis. Cept on fri or sat when I switch the water for wine.

I suggest giving up the cream crackers at 9pm, eating that late is bad for you anyway. Get yourself some apples, problem solved.

Yours helpfully....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Beruthiel wrote: »
    You'll be delighted to know Piggie, that I do indeed get the 2lts into me on a daily basis.

I think that such an ambiguous statement will be acted on by Pighead in no time at all!

I'd drink about 1 litre of water a day (if you count tea and orange juice).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

More like 5+ for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Da Funky Munky

I drink around 2 of milk.

Just as good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I drink around 2 of milk.

Just as good?

Depends. Are we talking rats milk here or a good source such as cow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Golden showers from Miss Piggy? ;)

I try to get 3-4 litres but then i get my 8 trips to the bathroom a day as an added extra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'd drink about 3 litres of water during the day.
    I need to compensate for the dehydration I experience every night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

I fcuking drink 2 litres of Vodka every fcuking dai

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

TheThing! wrote: »

Is that why you can't spell?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The fcuk you do. Pighead's seen your type before. You're in your room at the moment in your Spiderman pyjamas drinking your hot glass of milk Mumsies just brought down to you "Thank you Mumsie", you say in your most angelic voice as she gently ruffles your hair.

She leaves your room and you're disgusted with yourself for being such a namsby pamby Mummys boy. You search for a thread in After Hours where you post macho tough guy words, portraying yourself as the hard bastard you always wanted to be.

As your typing furiously, you almost believe the words in front of you. "Maybe I am tough" you muse. The illusion is shattered as your Mammy opens the door and brings in your Thomas The Tank engine bib, putting it on for you whilst saying "We don't want my little baby Thingy Wingy getting hot milk down his Spiderman top now do we.

She leaves the room and you silently drink your hot milk, sobbing silently whilst rocking in your chair.

Pighead wrote: »
    The fcuk you do. Pighead's seen your type before. You're in your room at the moment in your Spiderman pyjamas drinking your hot glass of milk Mumsies just brought down to you "Thank you Mumsie", you say in your most angelic voice as she gently ruffles your hair.

She leaves your room and you're disgusted with yourself for being such a namsby pamby Mummys boy. You search for a thread in After Hours where you post macho tough guy words, portraying yourself as the hard bastard you always wanted to be.

As your typing furiously, you almost believe the words in front of you. "Maybe I am tough" you muse. The illusion is shattered as your Mammy opens the door and brings in your Thomas The Tank engine bib, putting it on for you whilst saying "We don't want my little baby Thingy Wingy getting hot milk down his Spiderman top now do we.

She leaves the room and you silently drink your hot milk, sobbing silently whilst rocking in your chair.
    Dont forget the tellytubbys CD blaring in the background.

Oh...My.....God

I knew you were a real legend, ever since I noticed you refering to yourself in the 3rd person, but the fact that you guessed EVERY single aspect of my life correctly, just from my posts, frankly amazing even for you. I need to sort out my world view now, obviously. Its the people who write elaborate response to idle comments not even aimed at them that I should try to emulate....okay, got it. Well I better slip under my telly tubbies blanket and wish I could be as cool as you someday you utter legend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Well I better slip under my telly tubbies blanket and wish I could be as cool as you someday you utter legend
    You'd better go up and ask your Mammy first if you can use that telly tubbies duvet. Usually she only lets you use that one for special occasions, like when you're cousins call around for slumber parties.

Anyway back on topic, Pigheads off for a glass of water.

You'd better go up and ask your Mammy first if you can use that telly tubbies duvet. Usually she only lets you use that one for special occasions, like when you're cousins call around for slumber parties.

Anyway back on topic, Pigheads off for a glass of water.

Yeah, that hurts dude

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Most definately, as i do regular exercise and lose water through sweating i need my 2l or more. I would drink between 3-4l on a thursday though as i do circuit training that day. If you didn't know, your kidneys need approx 500ml water a day just to function so having more is best.

As mentioned by irishbird on the first page, drinking late ain't the best thing to do as you may need a pee during the night. And sorry to rain on your parade ol' pighead, but you should stop eating after 8pm also, as it's wasting potential energy you should gain from sleep, instead your body is using it to digest those dry pieces of heaven you munch on :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I drink about 1.5 litres of coke and 2 litres of tea so I'd say yea, I'm getting the daily amount

Advertisement