Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you drink your 2 Litres of water per day?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Too much water dilutes your blood though doesn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Pighead wrote: »
    The giggly spanners and crappy usage of smilies forum would also be proud to count you amongst its members.

Lose the rolly eyes smiley babes. It ain't big and it ain't clever.
    A pighead post with no 3 person formatting? Somebody call the vatican........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

uglyjohn wrote: »
    a friend of mine tried it once, only the version he heard was 8 glasses of water a day.
    He didnt know most of it is in food already, and he misread and thought it said 8 litres a day.

So for about a month ( i didnt have the heart to tell him, it was just to funny) he went around with a bottle the whole time, between class (this was years ago) he ran to the jacks to refill the bottle and piss streams of crystal clear water.

i think the most he ever got up to was 6 a day before he quit.

Too much water can actually kill you, it depletes the sodium content in your body. You need to have a certain level of sodium in your body.

I probably don't drink 2 litres per day. Maybe about a litre, if even that. I mainly drink caffeinated drinks during the day and juice also. I'd drink more water at home though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Pighead...u are a d*ck! Do you normally talk to girls like this....

I used to think you were funny, now I'm a tad upset tbh...
    Listen babes, its nothing personal but Pighead says what Pighead sees.

You use the wrong smileys, you're high pitched giggling makes poor Pighead wince. You never start threads about interseting topics such as toolboxes or bumboys. Basically you're an underachiever Cheeky_gal and if theres one thing Pighead can't abide its an underachiever.

Anyway Pigheads glad we had this little chat. Now go get some water into you.x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

I don't drink enough water. Thankfully our kidneys are designed to retain water if we're not drinking enough. As people have mentioned we get a lot of our water from our food (about a litre). Of course environmental as well as personal characteristics need to be factored in. The problem with tea, coffee and alcohol is that they cause you to lose more water due to their diuretic effect (increased urine production).

Too much water will kill you (as would too much of anything). There is one good way to work out if you're very dehydrated.....thirst.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Listen babes, its nothing personal but Pighead says what Pighead sees.

You use the wrong smileys, you're high pitched giggling makes poor Pighead wince. You never start threads about interseting topics such as toolboxes or bumboys. Basically you're an underachiever Cheeky_gal and if theres one thing Pighead can't abide its an underachiever.

Anyway Pigheads glad we had this little chat. Now go get some water into you.x

Give me 5 examples of cases where I have used unneccessary smileys? Five. In the words of Dragan, back up your statements with proof Pigman...

And underachiever? Let me tell you I have achieved more in my lifetime more than you have in yours...FACT! And you're old dude, I'm still young as they say....

Also; high pitched??? I didn't realise you could hear people on this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

No

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Give me 5 examples of cases where I have used unneccessary smileys? Five. In the words of Dragan, back up your statements with proof Pigman...

And underachiever? Let me tell you I have achieved more in my lifetime more than you have in yours...FACT! And you're old dude, I'm still young as they say....

Also; high pitched??? I didn't realise you could hear people on this...

Don't feed the troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Slow coach wrote: »
    Don't feed the troll.

I think it's time someone brought this dude to his knees...he needs a good challenge and I'm all for it! Cheeky gal fears no one now bring it bitch!

Pigman, you've met your match, I will bring you down...downtown!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54361077&postcount=38
    A classic Cheeky roll eyes smiley. Absolutely no need for it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54371450&postcount=71
    Another roll eyes here. You also questioned Blowfish' intelligence. Shocking stuff.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54359881&postcount=6
    Not content with slagging off most of the blokes on the site you decide to throw the rolly eyes smiley at the women. Nobodys safe from your horrible roll eyes.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54290155&postcount=274
    You really do seem to have it in for women don't you. You've got issues babes.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54372282&postcount=29
    Worst one of the lot here. You hurt a lot of peoples feelings here, including Pigheads.

Theres 5 examples from the last week alone. Cut down on the smileys babes. Rolling your eyes makes you look like a silly billy. Respect.

Back on topic, Pigheads away for a glass of water and a cream cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Oh yeah very simple. Apart from the fact you're not taking into consideration Pigheads penchant for cream crackers at 9pm whilst watching the 9 o'clock evening news?

Have you ever eaten crackers without water? Are you suggesting Pighead forsakes his water and lives with the dried crackers lodging in the old gullet? Frankly irishbird you don't know what you're talking about. No harm done though. Suppose you weren't to know about Pigheads evening snacking habits.

no, piggy darling, you wash your crackers down with beer, or probably in your case a nice cup of tea :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

i find pig's heads provide me with all the water i need. its full of water and is very tasty too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I'm drinking 8 Litres of water a day at the moment. Peeing like a racehorse, but it's a necessary evil. It's only for another week then it's back to my regular 3-4L a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

.retreyaw rof seltil 2 ym gnitteg ofed md'I os yad a eeffoc fo spuc 01 knird I

.driew saw taht woW

Pigman II wrote: »
    .retreyaw rof seltil 2 ym gnitteg ofed md'I os yad a eeffoc fo spuc 01 knird I
    Whats a wayerter?

It's water with a typo that wouldn't delete. Amazing these backwards writing computersglitches. I prefer this new forward writing one tho.

It's water with a typo that wouldn't delete. Amazing these backwards writing computersglitches. I prefer this new forward writing one tho.

ɹǝʇʇǝq ɥɔnɯ sı ʇxǝʇ pɹɐʍɹoɟ sıɥʇ oɟǝp

Anyway, yeah water. Don't really see the point. It's too cold in this country to bother. Drink loads when I'm abroad in hotter climates but here's not really the place. Here unfortunately if you want a mouthful of h2o you can usually just open your gob whilst looking up at the sky.

all i drink is diluted orange which is mainly water. So i think i get my 2 litres

• Advertisement

I prefer this new forward writing one tho.
    You're a true Renaissance Man Pigman II. Always keeping abreast of advancments in society.

You're a true Renaissance Man Pigman II.

That can't be true. I visit boards.ie most days for one thing!

That can't be true. I visit boards.ie most days for one thing!

freak

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Recently i've started to achieve it.
    So far so good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

A salesman called out to the house yesterday selling a water filter system for your domestic drinking supply. He showed us what was in bottled water and also in our tap water. The bottled water was my own which I bought in a shop and the tap water came from my kitchen and was even in a filter jug I already use.

Turns out the bottled water is actually worse than the tap water, both were filthy. Didn't buy his little device as he was looking for 2k for it but I did enjoy a beautiful glass of his crystal clear water before he left. It's made me think twice about buying bottled water from a shop when on my lunch break or whatever.

pics below.....

Bottled and tap water

bottled water

bottled water 2

Tap water

tap water 2

enjoy those 8 litres of water a day g'em :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Id be peeing all day

Between the 5 pieces of fruit
    3 pieces of dairy
    2 litres of water
    feck all alcohol

And all that other stuff we are supposed to eat Id get nothing else done

Sometimes I try to drink a lot of water specially if im going out drinking as i find the hangover isnt as bad if i drink a few bottles of water during the day before i go out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

I drink about a liter or so a day, most days.

somedays i might drink more and someday's i don't drink any at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

clown bag wrote:
    He showed us what was in bottled water and also in our tap water.
    what did he put into the water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Unpossible wrote: »
    what did he put into the water?
    aluminium and steel rods and electric current.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

clown bag wrote: »
    A salesman called out to the house yesterday selling a water filter system for your domestic drinking supply. He showed us what was in bottled water and also in our tap water. The bottled water was my own which I bought in a shop and the tap water came from my kitchen and was even in a filter jug I already use.

Turns out the bottled water is actually worse than the tap water, both were filthy. Didn't buy his little device as he was looking for 2k for it but I did enjoy a beautiful glass of his crystal clear water before he left. It's made me think twice about buying bottled water from a shop when on my lunch break or whatever.

pics below.....

Bottled and tap water

bottled water

bottled water 2

Tap water

tap water 2

enjoy those 8 litres of water a day g'em :)

Scam.

http://kharahais.gov.za/content/view/76/2/

Advertisement