Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus workers threaten strike

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Heart

Didn't catch much of the news when it broke, did hear something about a extra 10mins paid, so that would be 56mins instead of 46, but don't quote me on it.

H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭MiniD

From RTE:

The National Bus and Rail Workers' Union says it is still in discussion with Dublin Bus on whether or not buses will be running in the morning on the two new routes that were at the centre of the dispute.

I don't understand. They have accepted the new Labour Court agreement but are still debating whether to operate the 4A and 128?

What was the point of todays ballot?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

MiniD wrote: »
    From RTE:

The National Bus and Rail Workers' Union says it is still in discussion with Dublin Bus on whether or not buses will be running in the morning on the two new routes that were at the centre of the dispute.

I don't understand. They have accepted the new Labour Court agreement but are still debating whether to operate the 4A and 128?

What was the point of todays ballot?

Maybe DB are trying to get the Union to work the 4A and 128 it its current forum (46 min) on till they get a chance to change it to 56min.But I am sure its not as simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Services are expected to return to normal tomorrow morning :D yay

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dublin Bus drivers have this evening voted in favour of a Labour Court proposal to resolve a dispute with management which has caused travel chaos to over 60,000 commuters.
    As a result it is expected that bus services for the areas hit by the strike;
    Finglas, Swords, Ballymun, Blanchardstown, Donabate, Portrane, Dunboyne, Little Pace, Tyrrellstown, Damastown, Portmarnock, Kinsealy and Kilmore should return to normal tomorrow.
    Trade union bosses from both Siptu and the NBRU have apologised to passengers for the action, but blamed the company for unilaterally introducing the routes - the 4A and 128 - without first discussing the rosters with drivers.

Back to normal, it would seem. 60% voted yes, but I'd say it'd have been lower if xmas wasn't around the corner...

• Advertisement
Advertisement