Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women are too emotional to be leaders

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Don't ye just love sweeping generalisations? "Women are..." "Men are...":rolleyes:
    Stop being so emotional, woman.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Pighead wrote: »
    Let's see, following the mood of this troll thread I'll make a statement: "All Pigheads are ...?" (fill in the blank boardsies).

Let's see, following the mood of this troll thread I'll make a statement: "All Pigheads are ...?" (fill in the blank boardsies).
    well endowed and extremely popular with the ladies but if you scratch the surface just a little you may find that they yearn for something more"?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

A good smack?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Being emotional isn't the number 1 barrier to women being good leaders.

They are too irrational.

//heads for the hills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Women are too stupid to know what emotions are, real quote "I just can't stop crying, I've no idea why." Or baitings for that matter.

Kold wrote: »
    Women are too stupid to know what emotions are, real quote "I just can't stop crying, I've no idea why." Or baitings for that matter.
    The only reason you hate women is because they've rejected you your whole life long. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

In fairness, Kold makes a good point. I think a lot of us havel heard a woman/women say that, I have.

How could you put such a person in charge of a nation. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The only reason you hate women is because they've rejected you your whole life long. Maybe.

Who said I hate women?

Who said I hate women?
    You said women were stupid. Pighead took a leap of faith by assuming you didn't really have much love for stupid people. Took another leap of faith by deciding if you didn't love them you must hate them.

Have you got a girlfriend? Is she stupid? Do you hate her? Is she a leader? Have you ever been asked 5 questions in a row in quick succession before?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

well endowed and extremely popular with the ladies but if you scratch the surface just a little you may find that they yearn for something more"?
    But I remember Pighead months ago talking about other Pigheads? Little Pigheads? G/F Pighead, or Wife Pighead (or both)? Pighead parents? Pighead cousins? Are they all alike to where we could say, "All Pigheads are...?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I reckon that in the Clinton household it's Hil with the whip and strap on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Women never forget .they get you in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Well, she couldn't do a worse job than has been done so far by the so called stronger sex, who admittedly own the majority of the world's wealth. They also make up the majority of the world's prison population, the majority of the world's paedophilies, serial killers etc. Need I go on?
    And the vast majority of all the great scientists, philosophers, inventors, writers, artists, musicians ...
    The likes of Hilary Clinton , a very clever and capable woman would be a more than competent leader. But watch the reaction from those of the other sex whose only superiority is their size. FEAR.....now that capable women are moving out of their traditional areas of expertise.
    On the other hand clever , mature men will make an assessment of her capabilities based on criteria other that her sex.

Didn't you just assess her based on her sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'm going to do a complete backflip on this one. The German chancellor has just promised not to impose speed limits on the autobahns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Being emotional isn't the number 1 barrier to women being good leaders.

They are too irrational.

//heads for the hills.

You BETTER run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

TheThing! wrote: »
    No, you misunderstand me, babes, I just want to rumble you, I would be gone ten mins later

By the way, here is a joke you would like

What is making love?

I don't know, I think it is something girls do when you're lamping them out of it

Your welcome

That post brightened up my late afternoon cum evening :)

I'd buddy you for future reference except I am not into that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

the_syco wrote: »
    Women can rule countries well, such as Ireland, and, eh... other places.

Mary Harney and the like?

Love to see how Hilary would react to a good old fashioned bombing in NYC, though.[/QUOTE]

Better, surely, than burying your head in "See spot run" or whatever Bush did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I reckon that in the Clinton household it's Hil with the whip and strap on.

kinky, but i still wouldn't want her incharge of one of the worlds largest nuclear stockpiles.

As unreasonable as the bush administration is/is made out to be, i can only imagine a Hilary clinton led one to be even worse (moreso given the powers that cheney and Co have worked to give the government)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Mary Harney and the like?

Love to see how Hilary would react to a good old fashioned bombing in NYC, though.

Better, surely, than burying your head in "See spot run" or whatever Bush did.[/QUOTE]

Pfft! He was trying (and failing) to not alarm the children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Maggie Thatcher isn't a woman, she's a lizard.

Did unfair to the lizard, dontcha think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

kinky, but i still wouldn't want her incharge of one of the worlds largest nuclear stockpiles.

As unreasonable as the bush administration is/is made out to be, i can only imagine a Hilary clinton led one to be even worse (moreso given the powers that cheney and Co have worked to give the government)

Why do you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

India, Pakistan, Israel and the UK have had female leaders.

Roosevelt was male.

Just another "keep them barefoot and preggers" thread. (Oh, for lads who believe this, I know where you can get a cheap MCP tie made out of synthetic silk, as well as where to buy several telly seasons of that old, old series called "Archie Bunker")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

I don't want to be controversial be women are just as good as men, end off.

:D:D:D:D

I don't want to be controversial be women are just as good as men, end off.
    Makes a pass? Should have played for the USC Trojans the last few games, cause their first and second string QB's couldn't pass at all! Maybe they would still be number one with JohnnyStones as QB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

We are equal, but different.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

We are all equal, but some of us are more equal than others.

I think the main thing is that in business and politics ( & to a certain extent in medicine, law, architecture etc) where a person needs to give a responsible opinion, people will trust in a man more than a woman in that role. Before you say that men are holding women back in this regard, there are many women who wouldn't trust a woman to be in the role either. I might even go so far as to say that women hold each other back in these industries far more than men hold them back.

Right or wrong, it's the reality of society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Probably harks bac to when we lived in caves etc, and we needed the men to defend us. We have different skill set, and need eachother. Women can be very very catty and 2 faced. Men can be too for that matter

Advertisement