Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women are too emotional to be leaders

Options
  • 30-10-2007 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

'Women shouldn't be president. They are too emotional' read the headline in one of the papers over the weekend. It was a piece wondering if a chick is really the right sort of person to be running the USA.

Pighead watched Alpha Dog a while back with his lady friend and it ended with some innocent kid getting shot in the mountains because of a botched kidnapping attempt. Turned around to her and said "Fcuking hell that was a bit harsh wasn't it, anyway order a pizza there will ya, i'm starved"

No reply so Pighead turns around and shes lying there in a heap bawling her eyes out. Pigheads bemused now. Has he forgotten her birthday? Pissed in her wardrobe last night when drunk? Had she taking offence to the fact Pighead didn't ring for the pizza? Nope, she was crying because of the stupid film. Couldn't believe it.

She called Pighead heartless and cold for his lack of emotion. Pighead countered that she was confusing coldness and lack of emotion with strength and unbridled machoness. She could do well to remember that it was these exact qualities that made her fall in love and idolize Pighead in the first place.

She agreed, dried her eyes, apologized for her outburst, ordered and then paid for the pizza

Anyway do ya think Hilary cries when watching DVD's. Would she have apologised to Bill and ordered and then paid for the pizza? If so should she be President?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

She'd be painting the Oval Office red every month.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Oriel wrote: »

At her age? i'd doubt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Cooking. Bedding. Cleaning. ftw.

Not leading.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pighead wrote: »
    'Women shouldn't be president. They are too emotional' read the headline in one of the papers over the weekend. It was a piece wondering if a chick is really the right sort of person to be running the USA.
    I think they should give Hillary a go. It's not like it can get any worse after the last batch.
    Maggie Thatcher did a great job over in UK*

*not, but that's not because of her gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Women presidents ftw! Less wars, definitely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

cson wrote: »
    Cooking. Bedding. Cleaning. ftw.

Not leading.
    Why not? Do you think they're too emotional? Is that why boards.ie doesn't let the chicks moderate the more troublesome forums? They give Personal Issues to the chicks because they're good at speaking about the yukky embarrassing stuff that men are too tough to speak about but areas of friction and tension like After Hours and Feedback are generally ruled with iron manly fists.

Guessing the admins must have the same viewpoint as your good self cson.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Pighead countered that she was confusing coldness and lack of emotion with strength and unbridled machoness.

Excellent, must use this the next time we watch Titanic.
    Oriel wrote: »

Oh dear :(

It'd be interesting to see what Mrs Clinton does with the place. I do find it frightfully boring when women who take over a primarily male dominated position, find it necessary to get right in there and make sure everyone knows she's the boss.

biko wrote: »
    I think they should give Hillary a go. It's not like it can get any worse after the last batch.

Maybe it was because of her gender though. Maybe she was so aware that people were saying "chicks are too emotional to become leaders" she ended up going too far the other way ie getting rid of all her womanly instincts and growing a big hairy pair of balls instead. "I'll show them whos soft and gentle" she may have thought

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Dinxminx wrote: »
    Women presidents ftw! Less wars, definitely!

hah!
    ww3 would start because the president of france wore the same dress to the Un general assembly as the president of the Us.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

biko wrote: »

Maggie Thatcher isn't a woman, she's a lizard.

Anyway do ya think Hilary cries when watching DVD's. Would she have apologised to Bill and ordered and then paid for the pizza? If so should she be President?

I'd say Bill was crying his eyes out and Hilary was telling him to fúck up and order a pizza pie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Hypothetical situation:

Female American President

Female Russian President

Both wear same frock to some high-powered function.

The result would be total nuclear annihilation within 24 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

At her age? i'd doubt it!

Really? I thought she was still quite young. Hmm, maybe not.

I think if we had a world of female leaders and WW£ started they would do the job properly and annihalate the lot of us.
    A female zealot is a doer not a talker.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Why not? Do you think they're too emotional? Is that why boards.ie doesn't let the chicks moderate the more troublesome forums? They give Personal Issues to the chicks because they're good at speaking about the yukky embarrassing stuff that men are too tough to speak about but areas of friction and tension like After Hours and Feedback are generally ruled with iron manly fists.

Guessing the admins must have the same viewpoint as your good self cson.

All the worlds great tyrants (Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Bush) had one thing in common and it wasn't that they we're as mad as a Ryan Tubridy house party. They were all of the male gender. The female species just isn't equipped to be ruthless enough to rule countries, some of them are ruthless enough to be maneaters yes, but lead countries? Not a rats arse notion. And as yourself pointed out Pighead, all the tough controversial forums such as After Hours, Soccer, Politics and Fashion & Appearence are all ruled with the iron fist of maleness. (I'm looking at you Terry specifically). I'll also guarantee you that Maggie Thatcher had a penis.

On reflection, perhaps the whole Hitler example wasn't such a good one....oh well.

connundrum wrote: »
    I do find it frightfully boring when women who take over a primarily male dominated position, find it necessary to get right in there and make sure everyone knows she's the boss.

Neccessary evil.
    I have worked with "men" who pointblank refused to do their job because a woman was telling them what to do, by virtue of thefact she was their boss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you think women aren't agressive?

read any of the 'women's magazines, although magazines isprobably too generous.. out and out trash is what they should be called. Nothing but gossip, put downs, delight in the misfortune of others and completely unnatainable body images which they freely accept and force upon themselves. women are every bit as self destructive and stupid as men, they just haven't been given the opportunity to prove it on a comparable scale in recent history.
    There were alot of warrior princesses and queens thousands of years ago, women led armies into battle and slaughtered alongside their male counterparts.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Women can rule countries well, such as Ireland, and, eh... other places.

Love to see how Hilary would react to a good old fashioned bombing in NYC, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

But isn't it a fact that some of the best assasins are women ? I think it was based on some survey that proved that 99.999% of women are evil * ? I think there's some book on the subject called 'shoot the women first' ...although it might be to shoot them first so they'll stop yappin and crying to each other. :D

*may not be true lol

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Shoot the women first was a book about women freedom fighters/terrorists being more ruthless than the males.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Look there's nothing to leading a country.
    Pretend to like people for a year.
    Don't let it get out that your into orgies.
    Have an IQ higher than a chimp.
    When you win surround yourself with smart people. Let them do all the work.
    Don't say anything near a microphone that is true.
    Put up with a few stories in papers and television.
    Don't stay longer than 8 years.
    Relax, kick back and earn millions from giving 3 talks a year.

Of course women could do that it's just that they usually fall at the first hurdle. Infact that's were 90% of the would population fall down. I mean seriously can you pretend to like people for long enough to get elected? I couldn't about a week would be my limit

• Advertisement

kevmy wrote: »
    I mean seriously can you pretend to like people for long enough to get elected? I couldn't about a week would be my limit
    Why don't you like people kevmy? Were you bullied and tortured as a child? Shunned by your family? Had your heart broken by a two timing bitch?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I think if we had a world of female leaders and WW£ started they would do the job properly and annihalate the lot of us.
    A female zealot is a doer not a talker.

WW$ would be more appropriate, but WW£ is a good effort at a typo that would be more correct than the original meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I look forward to being ruled by the new female overlords

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Nah, women should never be allowed into positions of power. It all started to go pear-shaped when the kitchen sink was placed under a window - it let them see what was going on outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Err, if they get time of the month and are near that red button, we'll all be nuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yep, Maggie was definitely a bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Why don't you like people kevmy? Were you bullied and tortured as a child? Shunned by your family? Had your heart broken by a two timing bitch?

No I like people, just can't stand idiots. They get in my way doing stupid things like voting for FF, attempting to smoke just inside the door of the pub cos there rebels, driving tractors slowly and poorly down a busy road during rush etc. etc. Unfortunately you need these idiots to get elected or you have at least got to be nice to them because nobody likes a bully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Golda Meir, former PM of Israel, was as hard as most men.

• Advertisement

kevmy wrote: »
    No I like people, just can't stand idiots. They get in my way doing stupid things like voting for FF
    Who do you vote for then?

Advertisement