Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berite and the boys get pay rise!!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

foggy_lad wrote: »
    poor bertie and the boys and girls in the dail need a rise and after all they are not getting much! poor berty is only getting 1.5times the average income as an increase ha well think its shameful that they have all accepted these increases including the greens!

Well they are not green anymore they are becoming a sort of murky colour as each day goes by .We the electorate are the ones who are green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

This was in yesterdays Indo, interesting piece.:)
    Link here: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/its-not-the-white-house-but-for-8364310000-itll-do-1206188.html
    Indo wrote:
    Mr Ahern said he didn't have a publicly-funded palace to live in -- apparently explaining why, at €310,000 a year, he should earn more President Sarkozy of France, British Premier Gordon Brown, and even President George Bush.

"I'm glad I don't own Chequers and I don't have No 10," Mr Ahern said, when asked why he should earn more than world leaders of more powerful nations. "I don't have the Elysee Palace -- if you want to build those in, then you know what the figures would be."

He went on: "I certainly don't want the White House. There is no comparison, and I think people know that."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

gurramok wrote: »

Ah Bertie, he really knows how to twist the truth.

There IS an official residence for An Taoiseach in Phoenix Park - he just chooses not to live there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taoiseach's_residence

It's getting to the stage where I just don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Indo wrote: »
    "I'm glad I don't own Chequers and I don't have No 10," Mr Ahern said, when asked why he should earn more than world leaders of more powerful nations...
    He went on: "I certainly don't want the White House. There is no comparison, and I think people know that."

Perhaps he's referring to the fact that being Taoiseach is so much easier than running Britain or the US and he'd prefer not to have those difficult jobs?

Or maybe he just prefers not to live in rented accommodation when when he can simply buy it through a proxy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Hey! leave Bertie alone its not all about him. Himself and his 2nd in command also are looking out for the Old boys of the party while telling others they cant help them at all.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gardas-pension-plea-was-rejected-1208335.html
    FINANCE Minister Brian Cowen turned down a former garda's plea for backdated pension - at the very time he had approved just such a measure for former minister Michael Woods.
    Mr Cowen told the garda a pension change "cannot be introduced on an individual basis".
    The revelations come after the Irish Independent yesterday outlined how Mr Cowen inserted a special clause in a new bill so the former Education Minister could claw back unpaid pension payments.

Fook a pension scheme, i'm joining FF!!

• Advertisement

Talking about pensions..

Remember Ray Burke, the corrupt minister who was convicted and jailed?(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Burke)

He still gets something like €100k in pension a year just because he was a minister. The current govt haven't even bothered their arses to implement a law to disqualify those that are corrupt.

God, banana republic how are ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Funny Feeling

I have had enough, since Berite came to power every government department has squandered OUR money taxpayers money.

Does anyone remember Berite Bowl that cost us €100m.
    The Luas that does not even connect and never will over spend of €471m.
    The port tunnel over spend €150m.
    De-centralisation that is not even going to happen €1bn.
    Not to mention the e-voting machines €696,000 just to store per year.

What do we have to show for this waist ? Health care only for those who pay privately, Ridiculous house prices, Terrible transport system, lack of school places in general a poor quality of living for the working class people of the country.

Now to add insult to injury we now have been told to tighten our belts. This is not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

Grrrr Berite makes my blood boil!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Has anyone in the history of Ireland refused a pay rise?

I'm guessing, no.

Why should politicians and senior civil servants be any different?

Regards Bertie - it is worth remembering that maybe the reason he gets a bigger pay than the president of US, prime minister of France, UK, is because Ireland is a far better run country than any of those countries.

I'm guessing, no.

Yes, apparently in 1994 i believe. It was either defo postponed or cancelled back then.

They're not, all horrendously overpaid in comaprison to any other country.
    Regards Bertie - it is worth remembering that maybe the reason he gets a bigger pay than the president of US, prime minister of France, UK, is because Ireland is a far better run country than any of those countries.

Have to be trolling here? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

gurramok wrote: »
    Yes, apparently in 1994 i believe. It was either defo postponed or cancelled back then.

They're not, all horrendously overpaid in comaprison to any other country.

Have to be trolling here? :confused:

Well if a moderator is trolling they should have their moderator status removed IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Roundtower2 is not a moderator on AH and is subject to the same rules here as everyone else.

I did not see that as a troll post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I'm guessing, no.

Good grief, read the news, this country has been terribly run the past 10 years, the boom was squandered, health service is in melt-down,so many schools are in a bad state, we are officially the most in-debt personally wise in the world.Bertie and is cronies live in their Ivory Towers and try and convince us that " we are the envy of the world"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Its the normal people of Ireland who run the country and keep us going in the right direction .Let Bertie and Co have the money as they take the credit for the boom but no blame for things that go wrong.Its the Irish people who should take credit for our success not the Dail set.Ignore them maybe they will go away .

Advertisement