Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berite and the boys get pay rise!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Well if you don't like it....why don't you just kill yourselves.

Didnt "Bertie" say something along those lines to people who were "talking down" the economy :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

orestes wrote: »
    Revolution anybody?

I've been saying this for a long time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ahhh That's better you have to love working in a small town where it obly takes two minutes to get home. :D
    One of Carlows finest elected TD s commented on the radio that he knew 2 builders that earned more than him .(100 k)They work for a living what does he do .The arrogance .
    Lol. And he could only find two.
    Actually, it's an interesting point that many posters have the reaction to just go have a joint after hearing this. Are Irish people really *that* apathetic? If so, it kinda explains why he's still in power doesn't it?
    I'm not being apathic but what more can I do on a thursday evening other than have a spliff.

I was thinking of running for local elections but I'd say no one would vote for me. we should have more different people going up for elections.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Congratualtions on having a tribunal, bertie, and congratualtions on the state of the healthcare system with a ton of docs and nurses getting fired everywhere. Have a pay rise.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Stereonick wrote: »
    Wasn't Steve Staunton getting €400,000? That kind of puts it in perspective. And Gerry Ryan must be getting more
    Gordon Brown gets €268k

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Bertie has received more than 22 pay increases since 1997 when his salary was €133,000!!! Unbelieveable!!!

This article is from 2005...
    http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/.../story6527.asp
    ...The Taoiseach's salary has increased from €133,000 in 1997 to just under €250,000 today – a rise of almost 88 per cent. In the same period, the average industrial wage has risen from €19,300 to just under €30,000, an increase of about 53 per cent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

layke wrote: »
    Didn't FF warn us that our economy is on the way down? Yet they get pay rises?

GG FF

not only that, but the ESRI has recommended that they increase taxes to fund this round of completely undeserved public pay rises...

i'm really beginning to think that those in public service are nothing more than leeches on the economy. absolutely no way these rises can be justified.

Didn't Eamon de Valera almost go bankrupt as the president of Ireland because he wouldn't take any pay raises. They don't make em like that anymore.

Lets dig him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I thought Bertie relied on handouts and pals .What does he need a salary for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Bertie now earns more than Bush himself!
    http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/04/09/asia/singbox.php

Bertie $443,000 (at todays exchange rate)
    Bush $440,000
    Brown $370,000
    Shinzo Abe $360,000
    Merkel $350,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

gurramok wrote: »
    is he worth it though?

I think this answers your question:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

bluewolf wrote: »
    Congratualtions on having a tribunal, bertie, and congratualtions on the state of the healthcare system with a ton of docs and nurses getting fired everywhere. Have a pay rise.

Bertie thinks he is worth it .He has to put a bit away for the pension fund,the man of the people that he is .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

ScumLord wrote: »
    Didn't Eamon de Valera almost go bankrupt as the president of Ireland because he wouldn't take any pay raises. They don't make em like that anymore.

Lets dig him up.

you are joking arent you? He was a shady character. He definitely wasnt short on money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭curiousxxx1

Another bloody pay rise!! WTF and €38,000... wow how many people earn that a year :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Jeez mehn, like i thought the Goverment coffers had over spent by billions this year how can they afford to take a pay rise while we pay more tax next year... Really unbelievable

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Isn't there something we can do about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 buckie

Berties the highest payed Prime minister in the WORLD!
    Thank **** it's nearly five, I need a spliff before I kill someone

while the poor tax payer will be told to tighten there belt come next month.
    i suppose at least now he has a bank account to lodge it in

can he afford now to pay back some of the cash that was leant to him

Brian cowen and mary harney defo need the extra cash the 2 of them fading away in front of us all
    Fat F**kers the lot of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

Gordon Brown gets €268k

Still though... Gerry Ryan! €600,000!!

This Man

http://blogorrah.com/blogimages/200cocktail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Shake our fists in his general direction and rant about him on the internet with lots of angry smiley faces, that'll show him. :mad::mad::mad:

Ruu wrote: »
    Shake our fists in his general direction and rant about him on the internet with lots of angry smiley faces, that'll show him. :mad::mad::mad:
    Seems like that's all anyone's going to do. Then in 2 months' time, noone's going to say a word beyond "ah sure you know bertie and arent taxes always too high".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Well, it was kindly timed post election so all those that voted him back in must feel a little bit cheated with economic downturn on the horizon.

Only Bertie can reject it, he could take a leaf out of the Japanese prime minster but the gubberment don't take responisibity here!

'Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe took a 30 percent pay cut when he came to office in September 2006 and lowered other top officials' pay by 10 percent.'
    http://rana.typepad.com/weblog/2007/03/the_internation.html

• Advertisement

Collectively, we had an opportunity to do something about this last summer. Wait a few years and we'll get another.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

March in the streets

We should start a petition!

Bertie and ministers should not only refuse the raise but take, even a 5% pay cut as a show of good faith to the Irish public.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

2Scoops wrote: »
    Collectively, we had an opportunity to do something about this last summer. Wait a few years and we'll get another.
    Be realistic.. would "the alternative" have been any different? Politics in Ireland is about getting in, and STAYING in so as to feather your own nest and look after your family and mates with equally cushy jobs. Ethics isn't in most of their vocabularies.

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Be realistic.. would "the alternative" have been any different? Politics in Ireland is about getting in, and STAYING in so as to feather your own nest and look after your family and mates with equally cushy jobs. Ethics isn't in most of their vocabularies.

Point taken. Any chance there are people of integrity willing to run next time? And, of course, any chance the plain people of Ireland will vote for them? How depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Stereonick wrote: »
    Wasn't Steve Staunton getting €400,000? That kind of puts it in perspective. And Gerry Ryan must be getting more

Wtf has Gerry Ryan got do with this?

Tbh, the public sector are way over paid anyhow, it's a joke, it should of been addressed long ago. It costs €247k per year to keep a prisoner in Portlaoise Prison, a lot of that is down to the massive wages prison guards are on, not to say they don't work hard, it's exorbitant.
    We should start a petition!

Bertie and ministers should not only refuse the raise but take, even a 5% pay cut as a show of good faith to the Irish public.

Yea, great idea, a petition! That will get us far. :rolleyes::p
    biko wrote: »
    March in the streets

That's more like it, but it won't happen, I'd turn up outside the dail tomorrow if I thought there would be good support, but there won't be.
    orestes wrote: »
    Revolution anybody?

Join Teh Revolution

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Tbh, the public sector are way over paid anyhow, it's a joke, it should of been addressed long ago.

Really? That's why teachers, nurses, civil servants, etc can't afford to buy a house... FFS, its only at the very top that these pay rises are happening, the rest of us aren't getting 30% pay increases I can assure you. That's why I'm paying nearly 50% of my net income on a mortgage...... way overpaid me bollix! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

I only came into this thread to see who this Berite guy was!
    Sorry, continue.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭paconnors

Yep, Dont Vote
    2Scoops wrote: »

Same thing will happen again,

i dont think i'l ever bother voting again as we the joe public paying their wages thru our own hard work, its a load of bollix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I hate Berite.

Advertisement