Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berite and the boys get pay rise!!

Options
  • 25-10-2007 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭

Taoiseach to receive €38k pay rise
    Thursday, 25 October 2007 16:27
    The Taoiseach is set to receive a pay rise of €38,000 a year, which will bring his annual salary to €310,000.

The pay increase is under the terms of a pay review for senior public servants.

The Review Body on Higher Remuneration in the Public Sector compares pay in the private sector with incomes of around 1600 senior staff including politicians, the judiciary, top gardaí and heads of Government departments and state agencies.

The average award for these staff will be 7.3% and the total cost of the increases will be around €16m a year.

In general, the most senior staff have received the highest increases to take account of their heavier responsibilities.

The increases could have been even higher, but the review body discounted salaries by 15% to allow for the value of guaranteed state pensions.

However, a significant number of staff have been awarded no increase at all.

Politicians are among the big winners in this top pay review.

The Taoiseach gets a 14% pay rise, while the Tanaiste's pay packet increases by 15.5% to €270,000.

Ministers salaries are up 12% to €240,000 and Junior ministers also rise by 12% to €165,000.

These earnings include their TD salaries

Judges got the highest average increase at 18 because the review factored in high barrister salaries, which may influence suitable people in joining the judiciary.

A number of people are earning more than the new going rate for the job.

HSE Chief Executive Brendan Drumm is earning around €360,000 plus bonuses of up to 25%.

The Review Body says the going rate for his job should be €303,000.

However, it is understood that the Prof Drumm has additional duties in setting up the new body from scratch.

Also earning more than the recommended rate is the Commissioner for Aviation Regulation who is currently on €203,379.

The recommended salary in future will be €185,000.

Other recipients of large pay increases: the Dublin City Manager will receive an increase of 36.2%, the head of the IDA will get a 22% rise, the head of Teagasc's pay packet will jump by 29%, the DPPs annual wage is to go up by 27%, and both the Garda Ombudsmen and Garda Commissioner's annual salaries will rise by 15%.

However a number of grades received no pay award at all - including 150 Local Authority Directors of Services, and 32 HSE Local Health Office Managers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

if i had the power to do so id be giving myself pay rises aswell.:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Fair play, he deserves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I thought the private sector increase this year was about 4%?

**** you Bertie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

One of the US Constitution's amendments requires that there be a round of elections before any pay rise that politicians vote for themselves can actually be enacted, so they can't just increase as they like but have to justify it by getting re-elected as well.

Any chance of something similar being passed here?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

I have the power.

Prendy - 32.5% increase..

Dont mention it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

garthv wrote: »

+1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This is DISGUSTING!! How can they justify giving THEMSELFS pay raises with people being turned away from hospitals because of a lack of funding.

Who's cock do you have to suck to get a 36% pay increase. It's disgusting.. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

Wasn't Steve Staunton getting €400,000? That kind of puts it in perspective. And Gerry Ryan must be getting more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

ScumLord wrote: »
    This is DISGUSTING!! How can they justify giving THEMSELFS pay raises with people being turned away from hospitals because of a lack of funding.

Who's cock do you have to suck to get a 36% pay increase. It's disgusting.. :mad:

even more so is that berties rise i more than the average industiral wage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

garthv wrote: »

Hahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhaha....Ahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhaha..

That is without doubt the dumbest post on the entire interweb.. I hope you were being sarcastic..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

According to Wikipedia*
    President of USA $400,000 = €281,452
    Prime Minister of UK £187,611 = €269,324

*not necessarily reliable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

CTU_Agent I have the power.

Prendy - 32.5% increase..

Dont mention it.

cheers!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Didn't FF warn us that our economy is on the way down? Yet they get pay rises?

GG FF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

This is disgusting. What has that **** done to deserve this payrise?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

give them all the average industrial wage see how long they last.....muppets...how can they justify that and still face the people..

Annoys me so much:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

Orange69 wrote: »
    Hahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhaha....Ahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhaha..

That is without doubt the dumbest post on the entire interweb.. I hope you were being sarcastic..

Hey Orange69, out of curiosity do you think any other political party in Ireland would be doing a super job if they were elected?

hopalong85 wrote: »
    Hey Orange69, out of curiosity do you think any other political party in Ireland would be doing a super job if they were elected?

Yes.

blah wrote: »
    According to Wikipedia*
    President of USA $400,000 = €281,452
    Prime Minister of UK £187,611 = €269,324

*not necessarily reliable
    Berties the highest payed Prime minister in the WORLD!
    Thank **** it's nearly five, I need a spliff before I kill someone

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

Orange69 wrote: »
    Yes.

Who would be your political party of choice? Again, just curious

And he is doing such a great job!:rolleyes:

Can i join you on that spliff?

• Advertisement

In spirit you can, in spirit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Please, please, please let my flatmate have some more of that grass she had yesterday. I need it after discovering we give that buffoon more money than the others...

nyeh, **** him, my salary's increased 24% since this time last year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Bertie should wear a military uniform and festoon his chest with medals like all banana republic leaders .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Defo the highest paid in at least the EU now, absolutely unreal.

He was the 2nd highest paid before this and now earns substantially more than the UK Prime Minister and German Chancellor, maybe 50k more pa.

Thing is we are a tiny country and they are huge countries with huge economies, is he worth it though?

OP, maybe put a poll up asking is 310k pay packet for Bertie worth it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Cnuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Actually, it's an interesting point that many posters have the reaction to just go have a joint after hearing this. Are Irish people really *that* apathetic? If so, it kinda explains why he's still in power doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

One of Carlows finest elected TD s commented on the radio that he knew 2 builders that earned more than him .(100 k)They work for a living what does he do .The arrogance .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Revolution anybody?

Sleepy wrote: »
    Actually, it's an interesting point that many posters have the reaction to just go have a joint after hearing this. Are Irish people really *that* apathetic? If so, it kinda explains why he's still in power doesn't it?

I plan to emigrate when im done university.. Ill leave bertie and his peanut gallery to the morons who voted for them..

• Advertisement

Well if you don't like it....why don't you just kill yourselves.

Advertisement