Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Women; Gods Gift to the Earth

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Zulu wrote: »
    Woah great post Wicknight! Very well considered.

Wicknight, in fairness, this is after hours, either dumb it down a little or take the piss. ;)

Apologies

Er ... boobs!!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Wicknight wrote: »
    Er ... boobs!!!! :p

*likes boobs*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭fits

Phil01 wrote: »
    all the girl has to say is "sorry u seem like a nice guy but i just want to be around my friends now"
    Something along those lines would be more than enough for any sober guy to comprehend!!

You wouldnt believe what I have been called on occasion after such a polite rebuttal.. I'm actually getting mad now thinking about it.

fits wrote: »
    You wouldnt believe what I have been called on occasion after such a polite rebuttal.. I'm actually getting mad now thinking about it.

Just proves that you were right to turn him down to be honest..... don't let it get to you..... any guy who reacts like that is just having trouble dealing with his own low self esteem and a twisted self image. :)

Actually, that reminds me of something that happened one night. I went to the bar in a pub in town and noticed this rather attractive lass beside me. Being a cheeky beggar when the barman asked for my order i gave him the drinks i wanted and then said "and whatever this lass is having." She just replied "It's alright, i'm just out for a quiet drink with friends" and my reply was "ah well, that my lose, hope you have a great night!" and i turned back to the barman.

I could see this threw her a little bit and i got my drinks and was walking away when she called me back and we started to have a chat. She told me at the time that it was odd to see a guy react so well and i simply said "look, at the end of the day your a stranger to me and i'm a stranger to you, are you supposed to be intrigued by me simply because i was with you?"

We got on great that night and had a really good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

OFF TOPIC!!!

You! Moderator! Ban yourself!!

• Advertisement

Sorry. Always wanted to say that...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 queencakes

For what its worth as an irish ladyee........

Recently I was in a club sitting at the bar minding my own business when this guy came up chatting. I chatted back politely for a few minutes when he asked me my name. I wasn't interested in him and didnt want to give him the wrong idea so I declined to give the information and turned around. I didnt tell him to f off or anything of the sort.
    He kept trying to ask me my name and wouldnt take the hint. I ignored him and the next minute he is shouting at me about "what an ignorant bitch I am" "stuck up cow" etc - really aggressively.
    I was actually frightened of him. He kept at it for a few minutes until the bouncer came over and moved him on.

Most of the time I am happy to chat to fellas who approach me but make it clear I have a boyfriend. Lets face it lads dont spot you and say to themselves "that girl looks really interesting to talk to - I bet she is up to date on her current affairs" . We all know you only want the leg over. You ain't fooling anyone.

As for lads who come up behind you in a niteclub and gyrate wildly while you are dancing away minding your own business with no idea there is a fella behind you dry riding you dont get me started on that.

queencakes wrote: »
    As for lads who come up behind you in a niteclub and gyrate wildly while you are dancing away minding your own business with no idea there is a fella behind you dry riding you dont get me started on that.

*fumes silently just thinking about it*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Phil01

First off wicknight i must commend you on such a well clear and written post. unfortunately your little rant which does nothing only to try and be little me is factually incorrect. And given everything which i have posted since i started this thread it nearly seems to that you feel like you have some right as protector of irish women. I must admit i'm quite dumbfounded in your absolute faith of irish women. You clearly love them very much. Do u see my thread as attacking you. This thread was created by me to point out what must be obliviously seen in every bar, club in the Country. Yet u must be blind to the fact that such women behave in this way.

First off as i mention 100 times, this thread isn't about me personally, i've never chatted up an irish girl and been hurted or embarrassed. I personally don't chat up women in night clubs, that said i don't even drink alcohol.
    The women you are mad at are the ones that have embarrassed either you or your friends by being, in your opinion, rude to them when they tried to chat them up.
    I have never been mad at any girl in my life, i have only just been disappointed at the behavior and level of vulgar coming from a lot of women.
    Your little rant at the start that all or some, a majority or minority, of Irish women are "so arrogant" was just you not knowing how to direct this.

hmm... no as i stated before, i'm not nor was i ever embarrassed by an irish girl. This thread was started because my gf "opened" my eyes towards irish women.

I guess if u read my post's you would know that already...
    self esteem is deeply routed to how we view ourselves as successful sexually.

Do u know what u just said.... i sincerely doubt this... if u feel this way, i really pity your self esteem.
    It is the age old paradox that we feel attraction to the opposite sex yet hostility to them as well because this attraction is frustrating.
    hmmm... i think this depends on the situation...
    To be frustrated with some on your attractive would be accepted if they were unattainable.
    Its why we will be going out with someone when we are young thinking they are the love of our life only to spend the next 6 months bad mouthing them after they break up with us.

I'm putting that down if u are young and nieve but also your are confusing love for lust.
    When we are embarrassed or hurt we seek to turn this around and clear ourselves of uncertainty or feeling of guilt for what ever happened by projecting the negative onto the person that embarrassed us.

Which is what you are doing.

Again... I couldn't care less about irish girl, i'm not dating one, why are u making out that i was hurt by an irish girl, do u think this thread is an act of revenge to get my back on all those girls that have hurt me!! lol
    you are a bit pathetic aren't you, i sorry i dont want to resort to such name calling but i just can't believe what you are trying to imply in your post. Its totally incorrect and factually wrong.
    You don't really think Irish women, a large minority or a majority, are arrogant bitches. You don't know enough of them to possibly say that.
    I don't know alot of irish girls but i'd say i'd know as much as any other guy. I've got a few irish female friends.
    But it is what you want to believe because it fits within this explanation that you have created as a form of self defense in this "battle of the sexes"
    What the hell do i have to defend my self from, your not reading my posts are you, this thread isn't about me! This thread isn't about revenge on Irish Girls!!! Its an observation on irish girls....

You don't know any of the girls that have done this. I would imagine they walk off never to be seen again. You couldn't possibly say anything about their personality based on what they say to a stranger in a nightclub.
    Have u ever seen a girl in a bar... believe me you can tell alot about a girls personality even if u never talked them to. Just look at there body language..
    Have u ever chatted to any girls in a bar before? What is your whole high and might stance on this?

But what is far more important than the reality is the image that can be created for the self-defense I mentioned above. You need these women to be faulty, to be arrogant, to be bitches, because that means they are at fault, not you.

As far as im concerned i don't need irish women to be bitches... nobody in Ireland needs or wants that... Not my fault??? What the hell did i ever do to them? Are u smoking weed? Irish women can be bitches all they want, my case is for the irish guys who have to put up with that...
    The alternative is that they are wonderfully nice people and the guy did something wrong. Which is not an acceptable alternative.
    This is very acceptable, i can't speak for the hundreds of assh*le guys who have grabbed women... those guys deserve what ever they get. Maybe the girl is a great person but just doesn't want to entertain a drunk?
    If you classify these women as being arrogant and snobbish that means they can't hurt your or embarrass you, because they are the ones at fault.

Yeah because its not there fault they are snobbish and arrogant....

First off as i mention 100 times, this thread isn't about me personally, i've never chatted up an irish girl and been hurted or embarrassed. I personally don't chat up women in night clubs, that said i don't even drink alcohol.

No offense mate, but if you have never chatted up an Irish girl....then how do you have a ****ing clue what they are like?

Are you simply going off second hand info here?

Pretty much devalues any point you were trying to make mo chara!

• Advertisement

Dragan wrote: »
    No offense mate, but if you have never chatted up an Irish girl....then how do you have a ****ing clue what they are like?

Are you simply going off second hand info here?

Pretty much devalues any point you were trying to make mo chara!

lol no u misread... i said i've never chatted up and been embarrassed... not that i never chatted up an irish girl...
    When ever i've chatted up an irish girl i was never embarrassed from it. How did that confuse u?

Okay I can't take it any longer....

PHIL! Why do you do this to me?!

'BELITTLE' not 'be little'.

As far as I know it's not possible for something to be 'obliviously seen'.

'Naive' not 'nieve'.

'High and mighty' not 'high and might'.

'Their' not 'there'.

I'm restraining myself from pointing out your many grammatical errors... :D

Don't take it as an attack, Phil - I think it was more of a general point rather than an attack..? Maybe? No?

lol no u misread... i said i've never chatted up and been embarrassed... not that i never chatted up an irish girl...
    When ever i've chatted up an irish girl i was never embarrassed from it. How did that confuse u?

Hmmmm, must have been your poorly structured sentences and continued use of the word "hurted".

Jesus mate, if you insist on communicating with people through text at least make some kind of effort.

Regardless, you yourself have never been mistreated by an Irish lady at the bar......so the point still stands that your running on second hand info and a lack of perspective.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hey dinxminx.. you have a friendly posting style...

Dinxminx wrote: »

'Naive' not 'nieve'.

'Their' not 'there'.

Don't take it as an attack, Phil - I think it was more of a general point rather than an attack..? Maybe? No?

OMG Dinxminx... you are scaring me now!!! I think your going to make me retake english classes!!! :D
    Regardless, you yourself have never been mistreated by an Irish lady at the bar......so the point still stands that your running on second hand info
    I wont disagree there, but this is my opinion and what i've seen not my direct experience, i work at a bar too so i get a good idea what goes on between both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

Dinxminx wrote: »

'Naive' not 'nieve'.

'Their' not 'there'.

Sorry, do you mind me asking why you have to be so petty with regard to his spelling? Is it really that important when it's pretty clear what he's trying to say? If you disagree with the guy fine but i don't see why you feel the need to insult him. Which is more or less what you're doing. I've ignored it for awhile now but seriously grow up. It's getting tiresome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

:cool:

Mordeth wrote: »
    hey dinxminx.. you have a friendly posting style...

Lol! :D

First off as i mention 100 times, this thread isn't about me personally
    Well to be honest I don't think anyone believes that at this stage ...
    I have never been mad at any girl in my life, i have only just been disappointed at the behavior and level of vulgar coming from a lot of women.

Women that you have never asked out and been rejected by ... what you follow around other guys and watch them get turned down by women.
    hmm... no as i stated before, i'm not nor was i ever embarrassed by an irish girl. This thread was started because my gf "opened" my eyes towards irish women.

So now your girlfriend follows Irish guys around and watches them chat up women, and tells you what happens ...

Look Phil I really don't have time for this bullsh*t ...

snip

i thinks that you like it
    you do you like it
    admit it

• Advertisement

I couldn't agree more, i'm sick of replying to your stupid comments, your just annoying me now.

rbd wrote: »
    i thinks that you like it
    you do you like it
    admit it

Just because I print out his posts, paste them on to a paper mache body and snuggle up to them at night doesn't mean I like it ... does it ... :eek:

I couldn't agree more, i'm sick of replying to your stupid comments, your just annoying me now.

The truth hurts ... welcome to the real world, don't forget to bring a towel :rolleyes:

translation Please stop picking on me yer just like that nasty girl at the valentines day school disco back in 1997

hopalong85 wrote: »
    Sorry, do you mind me asking why you have to be so petty with regard to his spelling? Is it really that important when it's pretty clear what he's trying to say? If you disagree with the guy fine but i don't see why you feel the need to insult him. Which is more or less what you're doing. I've ignored it for awhile now but seriously grow up. It's getting tiresome.

Aw relax, I like Phil!! how am I insulting him?? I'm just a spelling freak - my problem not his...

Hopalong, do you think I'm serious? Really upset about his spelling? I'm just needling - don't mind me! Phil doesn't! We have a bond!! :p

rbd wrote: »
    translation Please stop picking on me yer just like that nasty girl at the valentines day school disco back in 1997

lol, you guys really are losers... very sad individuals!

hopalong85 wrote: »

Out of interest, when you speak to people do you mispronounce words, slur words or just speak plain lazy?

It's simple manners to put some effort in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I mispronounce words, slur them and speak laziliy all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

Out of interest, when you speak to people do you mispronounce words, slur words or just speak plain lazy?

It's simple manners to put some effort in.

No i don't. I'm not going to call someone out because of some spelling mistakes though. It's pretty childish, i mean in fairness i don't think the guy is doing it out of laziness.

• Advertisement

Off Topic: Isn't there a Know Your Boardsies Thread with pics of everyone? Where did it go???

On Topic: Phil & Hopalong v rbd & Wicknight.

Gentlemen, ten paces please!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement