Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

paul666 wrote: »
    how do u save it to your computer. evrytime i click the x i can never find it again and end out downloading it again
    sorry im not good with computers

click the link and select download instead of open. it should download to wherever you store all of the files you download from the internet. are you using internet explorer?

when you click the link to download it it should pop up telling you where its stored

it should look like the picture in the link below. you can see it being stored to the desktop there. check where you're storing it.

alternatively, if you right-click on the cabbage file, click copy and then go to the desktop (the main screen when you first turn your computer on), right-click anywhere on the screen except on a file or the bar at the bottom and click "paste shortcut" and it'll appear there and you can access it that way from then on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Handy little program. Do you know if 02 are still giving out free sims? Could rack up quite a monthly limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

TPD wrote: »
    Handy little program. Do you know if 02 are still giving out free sims? Could rack up quite a monthly limit.
    Still available on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

are you planing on making a client for linux?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Have you tried running it in WINE? It might work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Has anyone encountered a runtime error when trying to send group message, then the program closed itself?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Am I thick??...

I can't get it to work or install.
    I have downloaded a zip file but when Win Zip tries to open it I get nothing @ all

???

Mik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

mart_max wrote: »
    Has anyone encountered a runtime error when trying to send group message, then the program closed itself?

yup.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Am I thick??...

I can't get it to work or install.
    I have downloaded a zip file but when Win Zip tries to open it I get nothing @ all

???

Mik
    a few people have said that at different times. i think its a problem geocities has sometimes. i just downloaded it there and it was fine so try it again. if it still doesn't work i'll attach it here

yes i know what the problem is and have it fixed at home but i won't be able to upload the fixed one for a few days i'm afraid. until then group texting won't work. sorry about that
    not in the forseeable future. the program is written in visual basic so i'd have to port the whole thing to a different language. i believe that JSMS works on linux

Tried again and win Zip could not find any files to process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭The Kid

ethernet wrote: »
    Have you tried running it in WINE? It might work.

It's certainly worth trying WINE to try running cabbage on Linux. If you can't get it to work you could try out JSMS. All you need is a Java 1.5 JVM and you're good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Tried again and win Zip could not find any files to process

I'm getting a server error too.
    It looks like a geocities pb like the good commander said.
    Give it another try tomorrow.

with consent of our Commander Vimes, I can temporarily host the files for user download.

with consent of our Commander Vimes, I can temporarily host the files for user download.
    sure go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Have you hosted it yet?

The original geocities link in the first post is working again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Cool, thanks! Im getting:
    Error: (0) Unknown Error

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

My address is still working if you are all having problems
    http://www.e-ireland.net/cabbage.zip
    and another one
    http://cabbage.sytes.net/cabbage.zip

Cheers - got it now

• Advertisement

in the end i got a chance to upload the new version with fixed group texting. i'm going to post it here too to ensure a reliable link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Both my links updated also

just got home and now another i have it hosted as well :p:

http://www.mamak.eu/sms/cabbage.zip

and again my server link is:

http://www.mamak.eu/sms/send.php

cheers,
    Marty

I'm on vodafone and getting:
    Error: (0) Unknown Error

Mik

My Vodafone is currently unavailable due to an essential upgrade of the system.

Please try again later. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

i'm afraid there's nothing i can do about them shutting down their site every now and then

Ah ok - was on the site earlier and it was slow all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭The Kid

Commander Vimes, have you got your client side O2 support going yet or are you still working on it? I also had a nightmare trying to figure it out but I finally cracked it last night. I'm still annoyed at how complicated it was -- talk about making you jump through hoops to do something simple!!! I'm wondering how much of it was deliberately designed to be obscure!

PM me if you're looking for help as there's a number of pitfalls I can hopefully save you from. I can also provide you with packet captures showing all the HTTP transactions in action for a single login and send (bar the first message/response which is over HTTPS -- but I can explain what that one is doing.)

excellent. Pm sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

excellent prog, using it every day. anyone know if anything like this is available for the palm os? os 5 in particular? i know of one that does american carriers only, but can't find one that's customisable?

thanks!

• Advertisement

does palm os support java midp2?

if do, AFT would do the job for yourself
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055103138&referrerid=59211

Advertisement