Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Good lucky thumby. The chance of an infection crossed my mind too so you're right to head in. Hope you get seen quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Good news i'm not in labour.
    Bad news is my infection has progressed to severe so i'm being kept in and put on iv fluids iv anti biotics and pain killers. I'm so not a happy camper i'd unpacked my emergency bag the other day ffs. Had to send himself off to find somewhere open to get me some pj's. Plus i'm starving!!! Never got my dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I'm sorry to hear about your infection and that your being kept in...but I'm happy your being well looked after!! Make him get you something yummy for dinner if he can sneak it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thumby wrote: »
    Good news i'm not in labour.
    Bad news is my infection has progressed to severe so i'm being kept in and put on iv fluids iv anti biotics and pain killers. I'm so not a happy camper i'd unpacked my emergency bag the other day ffs. Had to send himself off to find somewhere open to get me some pj's. Plus i'm starving!!! Never got my dinner.

Oh no! As rach said, at least you're being looked after properly. Have they given you an indication on how quickly it can clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Sorry you're not well Thumby.
    I know it's no fun being stuck in hospital but at least you're in the right place. Defo get something delicious snuck in!

• Advertisement

Lol yup i made sure he came back with munchies and my midwife who is lovely made the hospital feed me too.
    They've decided to give me a steroid shot for babys lungs "just in case"

I'm glad you got some dinner! Jesus I hope baby plays nice and decides he likes things where he is! He can have a chat with my guy...this baby is determined to stay inside as long as possible it seems!

Lol rach, we've def got two stubborn men haven't we? I sent himself home a few mins ago but he'll be back up in the morning. He already has my brekkie order too lol.
    Still no stirrings for you yet?

Nah nothing...still wondering what his distress was this morning but he seems to be fine now. Quietest day as well in weeks in terms of bh's and pain. Been sitting on the couch feeling quite sorry for myself pathetically enough! I shouldnt complain though, I am lucky to have had such a complication free pregnancy!
    Glad your ex is so helpful and is taking care of you! What about your other little ones? Staying with their grandparents?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

good luck Thumby,hope you and babs are ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Hope you're ok Thumby - at least you're in the best place and getting looked after. I logged in this morning wondering if there would have been any weekend babies! Looks like we're all still waiting :)

I had a bit of an eventful weekend. Ended up in the hospital on a drip to get fluids into me and the doc has prescribed anti-nausea medication. 5/6 weeks ago I was telling people I wouldn't take them in case they harmed the baby (I've been assured they're safe) but at the moment, I'll take anything to stop getting sick :) Anyway, the fluids helped and it was nice that the hospital took is seriously (they weighed me and I have lost quite a bit of weight) even though it was super boring sitting in there all day. Luckily, they didn't have to admit me, I just got put into a little private sitting room area for the day.

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend and Rach, fingers crossed he makes his appearance soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Hope you're ok Thumby - at least you're in the best place and getting looked after. I logged in this morning wondering if there would have been any weekend babies! Looks like we're all still waiting :)

I had a bit of an eventful weekend. Ended up in the hospital on a drip to get fluids into me and the doc has prescribed anti-nausea medication. 5/6 weeks ago I was telling people I wouldn't take them in case they harmed the baby (I've been assured they're safe) but at the moment, I'll take anything to stop getting sick :) Anyway, the fluids helped and it was nice that the hospital took is seriously (they weighed me and I have lost quite a bit of weight) even though it was super boring sitting in there all day. Luckily, they didn't have to admit me, I just got put into a little private sitting room area for the day.

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend and Rach, fingers crossed he makes his appearance soon. :)

Sounds like a little girl MurdyWurdy, apparently you are sicker on little girls than boys. Apparently. All worth it in the end and i know it doesnt feel like it now but it will pass. You will have a day where you dont get sick, which turns into two and then its a distant memory and you welcome back ache and braxton hicks contractions =)

Princessa wrote: »
    Sounds like a little girl MurdyWurdy, apparently you are sicker on little girls than boys. Apparently. All worth it in the end and i know it doesnt feel like it now but it will pass. You will have a day where you dont get sick, which turns into two and then its a distant memory and you welcome back ache and braxton hicks contractions =)

I have heard that girls make you sicker and my entire family is convinced it's a little princess in there :) Thanks for the reassurance. The nicest thing was that the doctor took it seriously and didn't brush me off like I expected. I feel a bit less alone now anyway. At first he misread my chart andthought I was only ten weeks but then he realised I'm 14 weeks and that's when he paid a bit more attention :)

I look forward to being in here complaining of backache and Braxton Hicks - and you can all remind me that I said that when the time comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

I have a little girl whos 3 and i was sooooo ill on her from literally 5 weeks pregnant to about 17 weeks it tapered off. So i know how you feel you hit the 12 week mark and you expect the lovely energy they talk about from the second trimester to begin and you still have your head in the toilet bowl. It did pass though and yours will too. Just hang in there.

Dunno what im having this time but my morning sickness was only from about 4pm-bedtime. It started about 8 weeks and it was gone by about 13 weeks. Seems like ages ago now.

Theres things you forget, like i forgot how bloody uncomfortable the kicks and movements are at this stage (38 weeks tomorrow) but i dont think you EVER forget morning sickness. :D

Thanks Princessa - it's nice to hear from other people who have been through it! Hopefully by 17 weeks I'll also be ok. I've two weeks off work coming up over christmas and I'm 17 weeks on my first day back to the office so hopefully the rest will make a big difference as well.

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

glad you got some medicine finally!! Im sure its such a relief for you knowing that there is something that can be done besides just be sick constantly! its nice when a doctor actually listens as well...doesnt happen enough!

it seems like this baby is going to have to pryed out of me. he is a little too comfy and laid back...he keeps going up in my ribs, the wrong direction! he was never ever under my right rib before and i think he must have found some pillows and blankets up there because hes camping up there! Makes driving next to impossible!
    I got a sweep this morning and an induction date for thursday though! woot! There is an end in sight! (and the chance is likely that baby will be born on the 21st...OH is already calling him the apocalypse baby...lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Hopefully that will give you some relief MurdyWurdy and then you can start to enjoy your pregnancy.

That's super news Rachineire! You'll have your little one by the end of the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Thumby I hope you're feeling better today :)

Murdy that's great that they're finally helping you! About time!

Rach WOOOOOO for an induction date before Xmas :) the en is in sight xxx

Well I've had an interesting day! I felt ok this morning so I went to get the last of the Xmas Presents and went to the toilet and had a very bloody show :o so because there was blood I've to go to the hospital to be checked.. I'm in the waiting room with a massive que now so it's gonna be a long afternoon! No pains or anything so I don't think I'm in or going into labour & I'm happy to go home and come back if I need to but they won't let me till I've seen a Doc..

Tigeress wrote: »

Well I've had an interesting day! I felt ok this morning so I went to get the last of the Xmas Presents and went to the toilet and had a very bloody show :o so because there was blood I've to go to the hospital to be checked.. I'm in the waiting room with a massive que now so it's gonna be a long afternoon! No pains or anything so I don't think I'm in or going into labour & I'm happy to go home and come back if I need to but they won't let me till I've seen a Doc..

Ah!! bloody show - so exciting! It won't be long now :)
    Rachineire wrote: »
    glad you got some medicine finally!! Im sure its such a relief for you knowing that there is something that can be done besides just be sick constantly! its nice when a doctor actually listens as well...doesnt happen enough!

it seems like this baby is going to have to pryed out of me. he is a little too comfy and laid back...he keeps going up in my ribs, the wrong direction! he was never ever under my right rib before and i think he must have found some pillows and blankets up there because hes camping up there! Makes driving next to impossible!
    I got a sweep this morning and an induction date for thursday though! woot! There is an end in sight! (and the chance is likely that baby will be born on the 21st...OH is already calling him the apocalypse baby...lol)

Thanks Rach, it does feel nice to be listened to and so exciting about the induction date - Thursday is so soon as well. Just think, this time next week baby will be well here. Maybe the sweep will even kick things off tonight.
    Tigerton wrote: »
    Hopefully that will give you some relief MurdyWurdy and then you can start to enjoy your pregnancy.

That's super news Rachineire! You'll have your little one by the end of the week :)

Thanks Tigerton - I'm ready to start enjoying it too. I'm jealous of all you ladies getting to the end. June seems soooooooo far away :)

thats brillant tigress! you might beat me to the chase then haha! let us know what the doctors say :) (and i hope your not waiting for forever!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Aaaagggghh tigress excited!!!!!!!

Had my big scan today! WAs great! All well with babs - dates all good etc! Was worried about placenta position as last time was low lying anterior. But high and posterior this time!!

Baba had legs firmly shut tho entire way thru so we were disappointed not to be able find out the sex.......

Thinking of going for another scan privately..... It's killing me not knowing!! But v happy it's a healthy looking beauty :)

Won't be beating you to the finish line Rach! Was a partial show and the blood is from the thrush.. Baby is fine and still floating high up so they doubt he'll come out before my section date.. Just have to take it easy. Such a waste of a day!

dublinlady wrote: »
    Aaaagggghh tigress excited!!!!!!!

Had my bug scan today! WAs great! All well with babs - dates all good etc! Was worried about placenta position as last time was low lying anterior. But high and posterior this time!!

Baba had legs firmly shut tho entire way thru so we were disappointed not to be able find out the sex.......

Thinking of going for another scan privately..... It's killing me not knowing!! But v happy it's a healthy looking beauty :)

Naughty baby keeping you guessing! If i were you i would go for a private scan and hope baby is more cooperative this time! Glad to hear all is well :)
    Won't be beating you to the finish line Rach! Was a partial show and the blood is from the thrush.. Baby is fine and still floating high up so they doubt he'll come out before my section date.. Just have to take it easy. Such a waste of a day!

Oh No! Oh well, better safe than sorry and at least bub is fine. I was thinking when I saw your name that you'd be telling us you suddently went into labour and baby shot out! :p

ah rats about the show...did they give you something for the thrush??

DL- i would be the same as you....i was like a kid a christmas when waiting to find out the sex of the baby...i dont have the self-control that some of these ladies possess...I HAD to know! lol

hmm lots of achey back and pressure down there...I REFUSE to get my hopes up though.
    so far I have been proven wrong on everything I have said concerning this pregnancy...we said no christmas baby, we were sooo sure it was going to be a girl, I just KNEW i was going to have this baby early. so from now on I'm saying the opposite of what I want to happen. So this baby better stay in until thursday :D:p (also im never going to win the lottery or be a size 6....I figure while I'm at it I might as well go whole hog...)

That's great that your scan went so well DL :D must be a boy if the legs are closed gaga! At least it worked that way fr me!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Thumby hope your feeling better soon, its good they gave u the steriod injection tho just incase babs does make an appearence had to get them on my first baby from wat i remember it stung like hell ha..saying that i don NOT like injections or needles, dont know what ill be like if iv to get an epi.here's hoping ill stick it out without one.. how long are they keeping u in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

God I crumbled within the hr.... I love city life for one reason.... Convenience.... Had another scan later today privately!!

Another girl :)

congrats DL!! another little girl, how lovely- sisters!! :D:D

Thanks million for all the best wishes ladies. I got home last night, the hospital weren't to keen on letting me out though but i threathened to sign myself out if they didn't. I had no choice but to come home as i had absolutely no child care today, but i have promised them that if it kicks off again i'll go straight back in.They kept me in until eight pm so that they could give me a thrisd lot of iv meds and another dose of steriod shots and by jesus which ever one of ye said they sting like mad is right, they are absolutely horrible. I don't do well with injections on a good day but these were un natural!!!! Great news is they gave me another scan to check on the babs but because of the timing the scannin department rang me i missed seeing the damn physio who was on the ward after i had been sent down stairs. Babs is doing brilliantly though and was weighing bang on 3lbs11ozs at 30 weeks yesterday.They also checked out my low lying placenta and it has moved up just not enough so fingers crossing it will have by the next scan which is the 9th of jan. If not i will def be getting a section for it around the 36/37 week mark. That's assuming I don't go into labour before then, which given everything that's going on is a damn good likelyhood. Myself and C said last night if i make it to the 34/35 week mark we'll be happy as babs will be a great weight by then and they'll give me some more steriod shots for his lungs. Oh and we were also told not to bank on him being a him because well 85% for a boy isn't really high odds at this stage anymore. Oh he's also disengaged his head and turned breech between yesterday morning and the scan at lunch time and his bottom is now firmly wedged in my cervix (sooo not fun). But so long as he's healthy I don't care lol. I just need to stop being so stubborn and listen to my body when i'm in so much pain. I do feel terrible guilty over it as the only reason I went near the hospital was because I had a bit of a show (which i'm still getting but it's only tiny little bits and clear for the most part). I just assumed all the pain i was in was down to the spd which is excruitating now and the damn kidney infection as well. Turns out if i hadn't of gone in there was a very good chance of me going into preterm labour by the end of this week because of the kidney infection despite actually having the anti biotics in my system, they just weren't strong enough. I have to say hats off to my x as well. He came up around 12 yesterday (the earliest he could with having to sort out all of his kids and he did not leave myside yesterday at all until I was leaving to go home last night. If it hadn't of been for him saturnight evening and yesterday i would have lost it. I just got such a fright because even though i hadn't admitted it to him I was convinced i was in labour by the time the docs go to me as the pain was physically lifitning me off the bed I've given birth without any sort of meds bar the gas and air towards the end of one of my labours and i'm telling ye that was a breeze compared to how bad i was by the time i got to the hospital. He never said anything to me but he was convinced of the same thing but didn't want to worry me anymore than i already was. But anyway that's enough about me how's everybody else doing?

Murdy I'm so glad you finally managed to get someone to do something about you're ms and that you are feeling better now. I'd say now you might possibly be on the road to a happy non pukey pregnancy too :D

@rach woohoo absolutely thrilled you've finally been given a proper date for induction as opposed to xmas day ffs (idiots they acan be) Hopefully though the sweep will kick in and babs will make his way a lil bit sooner for you as i know you're impatient to be home before family arrives.

@tigress i'm soo sorry you're bloody show turned out to only be from the thrush although how that makes your show bloody i can't quite figure out, or did they say that you got it because of the thrush??? Forgive the confusion if you've already said i'm just beyond exhausted and am trying to catch up on everyones news lol

@dl i def understand where you're coming from with the wanting to know, which is why i found out on this one as well. but after what i was told my the sonographer and midwife yesterday about not banking on babs being a boy i think i'd be reluctant to spend a small fortune on a private scan. I had initially been told 90% chance of a boy then 85% (on the big scan) and then on the big scan again yesterday they just said don't count on it (they never said he wasn't a he don't think he was cooperating, and i didn't ask her to make sure i was too worried about making sure he was alright and then had her check my placenta as well) but it was afterwards when we were talking about the results of the scan and i call babs a boy she asked me why and i told her and she just said don't count on it as 85% is not very high odds at this stage) So i'll def be getting them to do a recheck in jan lmao. The midwife upstairs also said the same as well as not to expect to past 36 weeks regardless of section or no.

@missy thanks hun, but trust me in comparision to the steriod injections gettin the epidural is like having a back massage. The teenyest little nip in your back, that will make you want to scratch for a second and then you feel absolutely nothing. Where as the damn steriod still hurts even after the needle is in the skin. They told me it's the actual meds that hurt more going in than the needle liek wtf????? lol

• Advertisement

I think i got everyone and if i missed any posts i'm sorry girls...oh hell i missed dl's last post congrats on the babs being a girl hun delighted for ya. :D

Advertisement