Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

kitten_k wrote: »

oh god that's traumatic to watch to say the least and on bus # 666 aswell!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am on maternity leave:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Moonbeam wrote: »

huzzah!! its a great feeling!! now you just need to teach your daughters how to do the dishwasher and you will be set! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Woohoo moonbeam. Not long so.
    Rach how you feeling today?
    I just posted in the jan thread about todays app, i'm using my phone so i'm not typing it all out again lol. It would take me too long

Thumby wrote: »
    Woohoo moonbeam. Not long so.
    Rach how you feeling today?
    I just posted in the jan thread about todays app, i'm using my phone so i'm not typing it all out again lol. It would take me too long

im ok, tired now. had a huge burst of energy this morning, went and picked up some bits at the shop and cleaned all around the house...had some pains this morning but all for naught. OH booked us tickets to the hobbit for tonight though so I said to him the baby will probably decide to come then for the sake of us having a night out! :D

Finally bought some evening primrose oil...think it upsets my tummy some but will keep taking it! only 1.19 in aldi!

I read your post there....can't believe how big your baby is!! mine was barely 3 pounds at 31 weeks! looks like you are cooking a rugby player! so they think they will section you early then? any dates they were giving you? That sucks about another infection...seems like you can't win with this pregnancy! how was the dublin traffic?

• Advertisement

Rachineire wrote: »
    im ok, tired now. had a huge burst of energy this morning, went and picked up some bits at the shop and cleaned all around the house...had some pains this morning but all for naught. OH booked us tickets to the hobbit for tonight though so I said to him the baby will probably decide to come then for the sake of us having a night out! :D

Finally bought some evening primrose oil...think it upsets my tummy some but will keep taking it! only 1.19 in aldi!

I read your post there....can't believe how big your baby is!! mine was barely 3 pounds at 31 weeks! looks like you are cooking a rugby player! so they think they will section you early then? any dates they were giving you? That sucks about another infection...seems like you can't win with this pregnancy! how was the dublin traffic?

Damn could of sworn i'd replied to ya rach, stupid poxy phone. Ended up not goin to the hobbit, never booked tickets and the early show is sold out tonight.
    Sounds like you're def doing some serious nesting hun, keep at it no matter how tired ya are, my waters broke 36 hours after my initial bout of serious nesting so there's hope babs will arrive before the end of the weekend for ya.
    Well i asked the doc for 37weeks 38 at the most, but he's good with the 37 weeks so just over 7 weeks left now assuming the head consultant agrees and of course assuming i don't go naturally myself before then. C (the x) wants to lay money on it that i won't go over 36 weeks because of the size of the babs. I'm well used to the infections now at this stage, thankfully they are always asymptomatic so i never actually suffer with them, aside from having to take the meds (well that and payfor them lol).
    Traffice believe it or not was no where near as bad as we thought, we were back in newbridge by half two and that included stopping off to have lunch on the way home as well. So happy days.
    Enjoy the hobbit hun and don't go spoiling it on me either lol I need something to look forward to until babs arrives hehehe xmas aside that is. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Ladies - I've been really ill today and myself and husband are getting concerned. I've lost more weight since my 12 week appointment and there's no sign of it stopping. At my 12 week appointment I told the midwife the sickness had stopped because for 3 days before the appointment it had. The midwife asked me more than once if the sickness had definitely stopped and was I sure. It's come back though, just as bad as before and my weight loss is getting around the 10% mark.

Not sure what I should do, I feel like I should raise it with the midwife but can I just call the hospital to talk to someone? Should I see my GP? I just don't know what to do :( There's a 24 hour switchboard on the Holles Street website but it doesn't say anything about being able to speak to someone. Even if they said no, there's nothing anyone can do then at least I'd know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Just rang Holles St to see what they said because I was worried and they've told me to come in tomorrow to see a doctor. He/She'll probably tell me to suck it up but at least I'll know everything is ok then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Moonbeam wrote: »

Wooooo 26 weeks off :) hope your little one doesn't leave ya waiting too long!

I've got really bad trush :( I'll take the SPD any day over it! Never had it like this before! Caught a bad Headcold off my son aswell so it's not been a fun few days.. On the plus side, this day 3 weeks I'll have baby no 2 in my arms :)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Rachineire:
    You really have all the symptoms that Junior is on the way. You are nesting inall. I was like a mad woman today, im smothering with a head cold, the OH and our three year old caught it too off me. So i went into germaphobic overdrive. Went through half a bottle of detol, had the steam cleaner out, all the bedsheets washed and changed. I was hoping it was nesting but i think its just my crazy germaphobic self as nothing stiring.

Moonbeam:
    Woohooo enjoy your maternity before the babs comes and the fun begins.

Tigeress:
    I know exactly how you feel, smothering too, plus the Spd. You poor thing with the thrush, natural yoghurt is meant to be great. The glenisk natural yoghurt i find the nicest as its a little bit creamier than the other ones.

Thumby:
    You def are growing some sort of rubgy player in there. :D

I am truly terried after reading about the woman giving birth on the bus. My sister had a baby in Aug. She woke about 4am with cramps, by 4.50am she realised they were labour pains, she rang my aunt to come over at 5am to sit with my niece while they went to the hospital. By the time my aunt arrived at 5.15am my sister couldnt move and gave birth right in the kitchen at 5.30am. Nooooo thank you, id like a fast birth but i do want to make it to the hospital lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Just rang Holles St to see what they said because I was worried and they've told me to come in tomorrow to see a doctor. He/She'll probably tell me to suck it up but at least I'll know everything is ok then.

Just go see them murdy. I'm sure they might have advise on how you can take nutrients in another form if you can't keep food down. Really hope it does end soon for you.

Rachineire and moonbeam, hope the countdown isn't too long for you. The waiting sounds flipping horrific!

I turned 28 weeks this week and I think the baby found the emotional switch in me and turned it on full blast. I've had two complete crying meltdowns this week already...over absolutely nothing..... Feeling a bit unhinged right now! :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

38 weeks now I am officially full term :-)
    Murdywurdy- do not worry too much and eat and drink anything that you can I was reminded many times that baby is a parasite.

Ladies - I've been really ill today and myself and husband are getting concerned. I've lost more weight since my 12 week appointment and there's no sign of it stopping. At my 12 week appointment I told the midwife the sickness had stopped because for 3 days before the appointment it had. The midwife asked me more than once if the sickness had definitely stopped and was I sure. It's come back though, just as bad as before and my weight loss is getting around the 10% mark.

Not sure what I should do, I feel like I should raise it with the midwife but can I just call the hospital to talk to someone? Should I see my GP? I just don't know what to do :( There's a 24 hour switchboard on the Holles Street website but it doesn't say anything about being able to speak to someone. Even if they said no, there's nothing anyone can do then at least I'd know.

ah i feel for you i really wish i could make you feel better! I think you should always call the hospital...worrying does nothing to help you feel better...they will never tell you to stop calling...taking care of yourself is your number one priority and they are the people there to help us! sometimes morning sickness can take longer to wear off for some than others...i would rather be bugging the doctors left right and center and know that im ok than sitting at home ill and worried! I really hope they can do something for you tomorrow to alleviate some of the suffering!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

How did you get on at the hospital Murdy? Is there anything they can do to help? Hope you're doing better today.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Hi ladies. How is everyone?

I'm miserable today. Didn't sleep a wink and iv a head cold / blocked nose for the past ages that wont go away and is driving me mad despite constant use of my Vicks stick thing. I'm also feeling gigantic and uncomfortable. And emotional. Not sure if I will burst into tears or murder someone.

Would give anything to feel a bit normal! Hope everyone else is having a better day than me!!

Tigerton wrote: »
    Hi ladies. How is everyone?

I'm miserable today. Didn't sleep a wink and iv a head cold / blocked nose for the past ages that wont go away and is driving me mad despite constant use of my Vicks stick thing. I'm also feeling gigantic and uncomfortable. And emotional. Not sure if I will burst into tears or murder someone.

Would give anything to feel a bit normal! Hope everyone else is having a better day than me!!

I know how you feel :( coughing up phlegm constantly, can't sleep, nose blocked.. Feel like crap :( I just really want something nice to cheer me up but honestly I don't even know what I want.. On top of that my SPD is horrid today and my son is pretty sick too!

I know the first thing ye are goin to tell me to do is ring the hospital and i will I promise. but i just wanted to get yer take on this, Babys head was engaged on friday at app (not sure how far) that's grand can happen repeatedly between now and 40 weeks but i'm in absolute bits since yesterday morning i had just put it down to my spd but today i'm not so sure as when i went to the bathroom (wee only sorry if it's tmi) i was getting severe pressure pains and when i wiped i got a long clear stringy mucus thing on the tissue (i've had a bleed earlier on this babs so always check it). I know all of these things can happen weeks if not a couple of months before going into labour but i was just wondering what ye think of it. I've no contractions not even bh's that i've noticed anyway, but i have literally done nothing bar feed the kids today so i'm stayin well off my feet. I will ring the hospital but am afraid they'll tell me to go up to them and i really don't want to. Oh i also have another kidney infection as well so don't know if that's got anything to do with it. I've absolutely no pain in my bump though.

I would definitely call...at 30 weeks with your history of going early it's always better to be safe than sorry.

I went I'm this morning because the baby was moving really frantically...they were fairly dismissive and I'm pretty annoyed but I'm still glad it got checked out or I would be worrying all day which is no good for baby!

I would definitely call...at 30 weeks with your history of going early it's always better to be safe than sorry.

I went I'm this morning because the baby was moving really frantically...they were fairly dismissive and I'm pretty annoyed but I'm still glad it got checked out or I would be worrying all day which is no good for baby!

I'm tryin to right now rach but there is no answer atm. I know this sounds silly but i dont' know what going into labour is like without my waters breaking first!!!! They went on both the boys themselves and that started my labours and then the hospital broke my waters on kacie and within five mins of them doing that i was in labour. Why can't they answer the damn phone.

Ah damn rach when i seen that you had gone in i was hoping you were gonna say babs is well on his/her way. What exactly did they say to you?

Well let's put it this way, I'm having similar symptoms regarding pain and mucus, but I'm waiting for my labour to start and am overdue! Sounds like your mucus plug...hope they answer the phone!

Ugh I called them and she said to come in and get checked out, I mean he was really scaring me, never ever moved like that before and it hurt like hell- of course he settled down on my drive in. They put me on a trace for 20 mins, sat me back out in admissions, called me in to talk to a consultant who basically was like uhh why are you here? Everything is perfectly fine. Your baby is fine. Not sure why he was moving so frantically, if he even was. Go home,and rest. Really dismissive. Asked about induction times again and he gave me the lip service about 10 days...when I said that was Christmas he didn't understand why I had an issue with being brought in Christmas day! And he was American, he should get it! I'm so over all of this :(

• Advertisement

Well let's put it this way, I'm having similar symptoms regarding pain and mucus, but I'm waiting for my labour to start and am overdue! Sounds like your mucus plug...hope they answer the phone!

Ugh I called them and she said to come in and get checked out, I mean he was really scaring me, never ever moved like that before and it hurt like hell- of course he settled down on my drive in. They put me on a trace for 20 mins, sat me back out in admissions, called me in to talk to a consultant who basically was like uhh why are you here? Everything is perfectly fine. Your baby is fine. Not sure why he was moving so frantically, if he even was. Go home,and rest. Really dismissive. Asked about induction times again and he gave me the lip service about 10 days...when I said that was Christmas he didn't understand why I had an issue with being brought in Christmas day! And he was American, he should get it! I'm so over all of this :(

Aww i'm sorry hun, damn docs can be so dismissive over here no matter what their nationality is. Hopefully what's going on with me is nothing but is def babs making ready for you.

Well I really hope everything's ok on your side...I would definitely try and talk to them just in case...I always would rather be safe than sorry cause I would be worried all morning otherwise! Is there no local hospital there or is Dublin the closest?

Well I really hope everything's ok on your side...I would definitely try and talk to them just in case...I always would rather be safe than sorry cause I would be worried all morning otherwise! Is there no local hospital there or is Dublin the closest?

Still can't get through to them, so i'd say they are already dealing with someone, maybe i should try and ring l and d instead of ememrgency. i'm tryin not to panic or worry. Dublin is the closets but it's only 25 miles or so away from me so that's not a problem.

Rang l and d and i've to go in, they want to check out the icky stuff, to make sure it's not my waters or maybe an infection. She did say that there is no hurry on me to go in so long as i'm not contracting i'm fine so to take my time and get the kids sorted etc. I'll let ye know how i get on anyway

Ah yeah I'm sure your ok, baby must be hearing about my guy acting the maggot and has decided to join his acting up gang! Still lots of pressure pain? Would you be able to call your gp out of office hours number? Weird the hospital isn't answering!

Thumby wrote: »
    Rang l and d and i've to go in, they want to check out the icky stuff, to make sure it's not my waters or maybe an infection. She did say that there is no hurry on me to go in so long as i'm not contracting i'm fine so to take my time and get the kids sorted etc. I'll let ye know how i get on anyway
    Just saw this!! Glad you got through! Well I'm glad theyll have you in to check you out, for the peace of mind if nothing else! Keep us updated!!

Best of luck Thumby! Hope everything is ok x

Thanks girls, i've got my kids sorted i'm just waiting for my x to get here and then we're going. It's severe pressure pains in my pelvis (i put it down to the spd) but i'm also getting a hell of alot of lightning pains up my cervix and (sorry about tmi again) but my discharge is after getting heavier as well. The midwife in l and d said not to worry about it being preterm labour (i felt stupid even asking as she knew i had threee before but explained that i've only ever had my waters go first and been induced) she thinks it might be the kidney infection having some how spread to my vagina. Anyway i'll def update ye later, time to try get dressed now that i've everything else sorted for going.
    Thanks a mil for letting me vent while i'm waiting girls xoxoxoxoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Good luck Thumby, hope alls ok with you and your babs xo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Good luck Thumby. Hope all is well with you and the baby. Let us know how you get on.

Advertisement