Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

Hi Ladies,
    This is my first time posting but i've been following the pregnancy thread for months. Am 6 days overdue and like everyone else getting fed up! Had a sweep yesterday ( hubby was shocked at what it entailed :eek:)Bout hr after i was leaking clear fluid. Soaked 2 pads and then it stopped. Anyone else have this after a sweep. Didn't have bloody show or anything. Was hoping id start contracting during the night and have to go in.
    Rachineire back pain is a good sign. My sisters labours all started like that, fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Rachineire wrote: »
    yayyyy tigress!! I'm so excited that you have your date for induction!! (and then my second thought was your baby will be here before mine at this stage...no patience here! :p:p)

Thumby, no show. nada. i hear plenty of women dont get a show before it all starts. doesn't mean im not on knicker watch....I feel like I've been on knicker watch since I found out I was pregnant!! not using evening primrose oil....is that meant to bring on labour? this raspberry tea is mank!

my back is in bits!! super duper sore, cant stand for more than 3 or 4 minutes...just cleaned up the kitchen from the OH making dinner last night and being too "tired" to clean it up (he will be hearing from me later about that!!) and im in agony! I really hope this means something good!

When is your due date?

If you like the idea of weightlessness, seriously try swimming. ESP if you have a hydrotherapy pool close by, I think from your posts u are in Limerick?
    There's a hydrotherapy pool with open hours swimming in St gabriels school in Dooradoyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

The evening primrose oil is supposedly good for softening the cervix. You'd have to google it though cause i wasn't really listening when someone was waffleing on about it the other day lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Hi Ladies,
    This is my first time posting but i've been following the pregnancy thread for months. Am 6 days overdue and like everyone else getting fed up! Had a sweep yesterday ( hubby was shocked at what it entailed :eek:)Bout hr after i was leaking clear fluid. Soaked 2 pads and then it stopped. Anyone else have this after a sweep. Didn't have bloody show or anything. Was hoping id start contracting during the night and have to go in.

was that your waters?? did it smell sweet? I heard that if your waters went you needed to go in irregardless of contractions or not!

When is your due date?

If you like the idea of weightlessness, seriously try swimming. ESP if you have a hydrotherapy pool close by, I think from your posts u are in Limerick?
    There's a hydrotherapy pool with open hours swimming in St gabriels school in Dooradoyle.

I'm due on saturday! I would love to go swimming...never really thought about looking into pools in the area, been ages since I've swam. I wouldnt have a suit to fit me though...I would need a tarp at this stage haha!

st. gabriels? not sure where that is, would have to google it! :) Thanks for the advice!

hmm evening primrose oil eh? I saw some in aldi in the vitamins the other day...knew it had something to do with something but i havnt paid attention either. maybe I'll have the OH stroll down there on the way home from work...couldnt be arsed getting out of this chair/going to aldi and waiting in line LOL

• Advertisement

@highflyer, that sounds as if your waters went at some stage after the sweep. You need to ring the hospital and let them know, because if your waters go and labour doesn't start it can become very dangerous. You need to go in and get it checked out. Your waters will not always go like they do on tv (niagra fallseaque), mine did on my first and it was hours before my contractions started and i had to go in straight after they broke (well straight after i remember to ring the hospital that is), the second time my waters went it was only a trickle and i started contracting about an hour later. It's completely unpredictable and you def need to go to the hospital just to be on the safe side. Best of luck fingers crossed you'll start contracting soon.

I'm due on saturday! I would love to go swimming...never really thought about looking into pools in the area, been ages since I've swam. I wouldnt have a suit to fit me though...I would need a tarp at this stage haha!

st. gabriels? not sure where that is, would have to google it! :) Thanks for the advice!

hmm evening primrose oil eh? I saw some in aldi in the vitamins the other day...knew it had something to do with something but i havnt paid attention either. maybe I'll have the OH stroll down there on the way home from work...couldnt be arsed getting out of this chair/going to aldi and waiting in line LOL

Rach i think she was waffeling on about the capsules. The woman i was talkin to is lovely and was giving me the usual advice (ya know yourselves) but i was in the freezer/dessert section of dunnes at the time so yeah i really really wasn't paying attention. I'm pretty sure it has to be the oil itself though not vitimans. Ah feck i shall google now cause i have myself curious about it too heheheh

Thumby wrote: »
    Rach i think she was waffeling on about the capsules. The woman i was talkin to is lovely and was giving me the usual advice (ya know yourselves) but i was in the freezer/dessert section of dunnes at the time so yeah i really really wasn't paying attention. I'm pretty sure it has to be the oil itself though not vitimans. Ah feck i shall google now cause i have myself curious about it too heheheh

haha yeah I find my concentration to be lacking over in that section as well....ice cream mmm...(never mind its freezing outside!) maybe they could have an evening primrose icecream....:D

They all seem to be saying the same as that below. Obviously i won't be able to but it can't do any harm for the rest of ye to talk to mw/gp about it see what they think.

Evening primrose oil
    Many midwives suggest evening primrose oil for their pregnant patients, since this herb can help the cervix thin and dilate and prep it for labor. You can take evening primrose oil capsules, or rub the oil onto your cervix during the last weeks of pregnancy. You can even insert the capsules into your vagina. But be sure to talk to your practitioner before trying evening primrose oil — women with placenta previa should stay away from the herb. There are other herbs — like red raspberry leaf — that also can induce labor naturally. But unless your practitioner is a pro when it comes to herbs, steer clear of them.

haha yeah I find my concentration to be lacking over in that section as well....ice cream mmm...(never mind its freezing outside!) maybe they could have an evening primrose icecream....:D

God damn you woman!!!!! I want Twisters now!!!
    It's too cold though so me thinks i shall go make some hot cocca:D

• Advertisement

They all seem to be saying the same as that below. Obviously i won't be able to but it can't do any harm for the rest of ye to talk to mw/gp about it see what they think.

Evening primrose oil
    Many midwives suggest evening primrose oil for their pregnant patients, since this herb can help the cervix thin and dilate and prep it for labor. You can take evening primrose oil capsules, or rub the oil onto your cervix during the last weeks of pregnancy. You can even insert the capsules into your vagina. But be sure to talk to your practitioner before trying evening primrose oil — women with placenta previa should stay away from the herb. There are other herbs — like red raspberry leaf — that also can induce labor naturally. But unless your practitioner is a pro when it comes to herbs, steer clear of them.

RUB it onto your cervix?? insert a capsule??:eek: I can't even do the fecking perineum massage much less rub anything on my cervix! have these people MET a pregnant woman before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Princessa wrote: »
    Tigeress are they sectioning you because of the SPD if you dont mind me asking. If its another reason you dont have to say - just curious. My SPD is killing me, sometimes its so difficult to get one foot infront of the other.

No she actually said that SPD is common enough so they won't make decisions on that! It's because my last baby was 9lb 11oz and this baby is is 6.5lb already at 36 weeks.. I have a small pelvis (apparently) and they said I couldn't give birth to a baby over 8lb max so cause this little guy is so big already that the safest delivery will be a section..

Thumby that's great that your little one did so well :) proud Mama I'm sure! I actually didn't need to cry or anything lol! It was all over the place, she came into me and read my notes (as usual) then scanned me and gave me tissue to clean the gunk off and then I ASKED HER how big he was and was everything ok and she said he's nearly 7lb and she'd talk to me in a min, then made a phone call in front of me and booked my section! When she got off I was looking at her and said "I take it I'm having a section then?" And she just said yes on the 4th of Jan and I wanna see you again in a week! I was expecting to go in and beg for induction or a section date but it all just happened so quick! I was expecting to go home with no answers!

3 weeks and I'll have my little man :)

Tigeress wrote: »
    No she actually said that SPD is common enough so they won't make decisions on that! It's because my last baby was 9lb 11oz and this baby is is 6.5lb already at 36 weeks.. I have a small pelvis (apparently) and they said I couldn't give birth to a baby over 8lb max so cause this little guy is so big already that the safest delivery will be a section..

Thumby that's great that your little one did so well :) proud Mama I'm sure! I actually didn't need to cry or anything lol! It was all over the place, she came into me and read my notes (as usual) then scanned me and gave me tissue to clean the gunk off and then I ASKED HER how big he was and was everything ok and she said he's nearly 7lb and she'd talk to me in a min, then made a phone call in front of me and booked my section! When she got off I was looking at her and said "I take it I'm having a section then?" And she just said yes on the 4th of Jan and I wanna see you again in a week! I was expecting to go in and beg for induction or a section date but it all just happened so quick! I was expecting to go home with no answers!

I need to consult with your consultant!! :P

God damn you woman!!!!! I want Twisters now!!!
    It's too cold though so me thinks i shall go make some hot cocca:D

yes i discovered cadburys hot chocolate recently...if my back wasnt killing me I would totally go make a cup. I'll keep forcing down this raspberry tea muck instead.

RUB it onto your cervix?? insert a capsule??:eek: I can't even do the fecking perineum massage much less rub anything on my cervix! have these people MET a pregnant woman before?

I think HE'S supposed to do it!!! Couple of reasons i can see that working, one you're getting the evening primrose oil into you and two it might stimulate certain other hormones that are condusive to doin the dirty ;);) which in turn leaves you with a bucket load of whatever the hormone we need is as well as a little "softener" for the mucus plug (if ya gets me)
    The whole capsule thingy i don't get though. i mean holy hell how the feck are we supposed to hold it in there????:eek:

Aww tigress i'm delighted for ya hun. One cause you got what you wanted and two 3 weeks yay!!! I'd do a happy dance for ya but i'm pretty sure it would hurt so i'm doin it in my head instead. That's gonna be one biiiigggg baba hun. I think princessas bean is weighing pretty close to that as well at either her 34/36 week scan. I only just read it in the jan thread (feckin baby brain) so hopefully her doc will be as understanding as yours and not expect her to deliver a giant bean either.
    Roll on friday for me is all i can say till i see what the feckin hell is the story with the spd. Gp isn't dealing with it at all, no physio recommendations nuthing I just want to know here i stand is all. Oh and i def want to know the size of the babs cause em yeah i'm massoive. Both my gps have said that to me now and i'm still underweight so i'm hopin to have some sort of indication as to how big babs is gonna be.

I think HE'S supposed to do it!!! Couple of reasons i can see that working, one you're getting the evening primrose oil into you and two it might stimulate certain other hormones that are condusive to doin the dirty ;);) which in turn leaves you with a bucket load of whatever the hormone we need is as well as a little "softener" for the mucus plug (if ya gets me)
    The whole capsule thingy i don't get though. i mean holy hell how the feck are we supposed to hold it in there????:eek:

lol cross your legs (if you can!) and squeeze! ;);)

lol cross your legs (if you can!) and squeeze! ;);)

If i had of done that in the first place my x and his supersperm wouldn't have gotten through two layers of protection!!!!! hahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Hi Tigeress, my baba was measuring 6lbs 7 oz at the 34 week scan, the midwife made no comment nothing she wasnt phased at all. Just said it was a fine sized baby and expected it to be over 8lbs by my due date. My first baby was 8lbs 4oz but that was at 10days over and i really felt like i struggled to get her out, i was pushing for close to the hour mark and i didnt have this spd on my first.

I have my hospital appointment next tuesday so i will be demanding to see the doctor and discuss it with him as im huge and terrified.

Hi Tigeress, my baba was measuring 6lbs 7 oz at the 34 week scan, the midwife made no comment nothing she wasnt phased at all. Just said it was a fine sized baby and expected it to be over 8lbs by my due date. My first baby was 8lbs 4oz but that was at 10days over and i really felt like i struggled to get her out, i was pushing for close to the hour mark and i didnt have this spd on my first.

I have my hospital appointment next tuesday so i will be demanding to see the doctor and discuss it with him as im huge and terrified.

Oh hun don't be worrying or scaring yourself too much, trust me if the babs is too big for your body you won't be long about going into labour. My first was 8lbs 2 and a month premmie. Don't be anyway blazae about it to the consultant though, ya know from working with them what some of them can be like. Make yourself cry and do everything in your power to try and find a soft spot with them, push for more than you want and let them see you as compromising (on what you actually want, but don't let them know that)

*just realised this pregnancy has made me extremely devious when it comes to dealing with medical staff, not so sure that's a good thing*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Princessa the first baby is the hardest in terms of pushing. It was without doubt the worst part of the labour and delivery for me. I was pushing for an hour too.

However I've been told by mums of more than one that with subsequent deliveries you could be pushing for 20/30 mins or less. I've two friends who pushed for 5 mins on their second! So don't get caught up on the idea that the pushing will be as tough this time around.

Princessa the first baby is the hardest in terms of pushing. It was without doubt the worst part of the labour and delivery for me. I was pushing for an hour too.

However I've been told by mums of more than one that with subsequent deliveries you could be pushing for 20/30 mins or less. I've two friends who pushed for 5 mins on their second! So don't get caught up on the idea that the pushing will be as tough this time around.

Very true how strange, not only was my pushing shorter but my labours decreased significantly each time as well. Hell even with the epidural on my last it was still a very quick labour and they had trouble waking me up to push which drew it out longer. There wasn't anything wrong with me, i was just shattered and fell into a deep sleep. When i sleep really deeply it's next to impossible to wake me. The said my last labour if i'd not had the epidural and slept for a while would have only been three and a half hours, first was eighteen. Princessa ya really don't have to worry about the pushing this time, if anything i'd say the spd might even make the pushin part easier, I mean the pelvis has moved and the muscles have already relaxed so it'll be alot less work. The pain (from the research i've done) is not worse unless whoever delivers babs forgets about the spd and opens your legs too wide. From what i've been told it's recommneded ya dont' labour on your back and you deliver either lying on your side or kneelin forward into your partner with mw/doc behind you.

That is a big baba Princessa! Just be adamant in seeing the main doctor and don't let them pawn you off cause whatever Doc you see they'll have to ask the head Doc for the decision! They were gonna send me into one of the other Docs today and I put my foot down and said 'no I want to see the main Doc' and they didn't argue! Just don't put pressure or worry on yourself hun.. I know they're less ok about doing te sections now cause of the recent deaths on the Coombe.

Thumby did you know that if you get a section and you're absolutley sure you don't want anymore kids and over 30 you can request to have your tubes tied at the same time?! I know I want one more so I didn't request it myself but they offered it to some people I know!

That is a big baba Princessa! Just be adamant in seeing the main doctor and don't let them pawn you off cause whatever Doc you see they'll have to ask the head Doc for the decision! They were gonna send me into one of the other Docs today and I put my foot down and said 'no I want to see the main Doc' and they didn't argue! Just don't put pressure or worry on yourself hun.. I know they're less ok about doing te sections now cause of the recent deaths on the Coombe.

Thumby did you know that if you get a section and you're absolutley sure you don't want anymore kids and over 30 you can request to have your tubes tied at the same time?! I know I want one more so I didn't request it myself but they offered it to some people I know!

The main doc has already said she'll tie my tubes there and then for me if i need to be sectioned. But if not i've already got my surgery date and time booked in lol.
    Deaths in the coombe, what be this. I don't know how but i haven't heard of this?

Lol you're well organised Thumby so! How have you not lol? Two women does within 48hours of each other a few weeks ago only a few hours after having sections! Awful sad :(

Well I have my bags packed but now knowing I'm gonna be in for 5 days I think I might have to re pack them :o there will be 1 year, 1 week and 1 day between my 2 boys :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Aww:)

Thumby - that is one huge baby.

I was told my 1st was big she was born 7lb4 @38 weeks,I hope I never g over ever!!
    They told me she would definately be over 8lb and I am not exactly big but never made the 38 week appt as she was born:)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

This dose is driving me mad. Im praying every time i have to sneeze or blow my nose that my waters will break at the same time he he.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

This dose is driving me mad. Im praying every time i have to sneeze or blow my nose that my waters will break at the same time he he.

I felt like that last time round but just wanted to pee every time I sneezed... Dangerous territory!!!!!

Totally struggling with my pelvis and back , ordered two pregnancy Pilates DVDs to try tho as cant afford classes! Anyone tried anything similar or Pilates in general?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Same:) I have officially had enough!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

dublinlady wrote: »

I felt like that last time round but just wanted to pee every time I sneezed... Dangerous territory!!!!!

Totally struggling with my pelvis and back , ordered two pregnancy Pilates DVDs to try tho as cant afford classes! Anyone tried anything similar or Pilates in general?

Dublinlady, I googled prenatal Pilates and there was a few videos on you tube. 10 minute Pilates sessions. I did Pilates classes so I knew what I was at. Just becareful that you don't over do if you've never done it before. It sure ain't easy to connect your core witch is what Pilates is all about. I could be wrong but as far as I know in prenatal Pilates you use your pelvic floor muscles for most of the exercises.

Advertisement