Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Glad you're home and that you and baba are doing better Thumby. Now make sure you look after yourself!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Tigerton wrote: »
    Glad you're home and that you and baba are doing better Thumby. Now make sure you look after yourself!!!

Thanks tigerton, i'm in bed atm my lo is still up it's not quite nap time yet but i brought some of her toys into my room with us and she's perfectly content to play in here with them instead of the sitting room , thankfully. I did have a slight bit of blood in the last bit of show that i got but it was teeny tiny so i'm just keeping an eye on it for now and if it happens again i'll go straight back up to the coombe this evening as soon as my dad is able to take over the kids again.
    How's you doing today?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

I just downloaded the best app for pelvic floor exercise reminders, called Kegel Kat for anyone who has an android phone. It times the exercises for you and it's really cute!

Thanks funk but unfortuntely i don't think my pelvis will co-operate lol

How's everyone doing?

I'm grand Thumby. Was getting some period like pains this morning and was getting all excited that things might be moving along but they're gone now so it was probably just stuff stretching.
    Popped into own to get a few bits and went for a coffee and a sit down. The man who served me carried my tray to my table for me - so nice of him, there are some perks to looking / being this pregnant!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

hey ladies....

Thumby glad your home and that you are on the mend...I really hope that your infection clears up for you and that everything else is smooth sailing...poor you and poor baby! Its been a rough 30 weeks for ya!

I would love for this sweep to work but unfortunately I dont think it will! No real pains at all today, yesterday lots of pressure and ect but today, nada. UGH this baby is just too happy in there!

I've been sooo tired this morning. I got up and had a bowl of cereal and laid on the couch and have been napping all morning since! I could go and lay back down and sleep the rest of the afternoon if i wanted! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I'm jealous! Would love to be at home napping. I can barely keep my eyes open at work. I have a funny feeling I'll be spending a lot of my Christmas holidays asleep - can't wait!

I really thought when I saw your username pop up Rach, that you'd have some news! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Rachineire wrote: »
    hey ladies....

Thumby glad your home and that you are on the mend...I really hope that your infection clears up for you and that everything else is smooth sailing...poor you and poor baby! Its been a rough 30 weeks for ya!

I would love for this sweep to work but unfortunately I dont think it will! No real pains at all today, yesterday lots of pressure and ect but today, nada. UGH this baby is just too happy in there!

I've been sooo tired this morning. I got up and had a bowl of cereal and laid on the couch and have been napping all morning since! I could go and lay back down and sleep the rest of the afternoon if i wanted! :confused:

Do it! Nap all day and all night because once baby comes along you will never again know the kind of sleep where u are responsible only for yourself! :) it becomes a thing of the past! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

I'm in the hospital again :( think I over did it with doing a grocery shop today and had another big bleed.. So I'm here on another heartbeat trace waiting for a Doc to tell me why this is happening.. Oh and I'm back in the clinic tomorrow so that'll be 3 days here in a row :( sore, tired & very fed up!

Tigeress wrote: »
    I'm in the hospital again :( think I over did it with doing a grocery shop today and had another big bleed.. So I'm here on another heartbeat trace waiting for a Doc to tell me why this is happening.. Oh and I'm back in the clinic tomorrow so that'll be 3 days here in a row :( sore, tired & very fed up!

Ah hell tigress, i'm so sorry to hear that, there's nothing worse than being stuck in l and d when you're not actually having the babs. I don't blame you for feeling like you do, fingers crossed they'll be able to figure out what's going on.(((hugs)))

• Advertisement

Thumby so glad that everything is ok (well as ok as it can be with a horrible infection) and so glad your X was so good staying with you! How are you feeling now? Any better?
    2 more sleeps Rach!! Hope you're ready :)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

How many weeks are you now tigeress? You poor thing those bleeds are so scary.

I had my 38 week apt today, im 2cm dialated, had my bloody show and booked in for an induction thursday morning at 8.30 am. The end is near. Im a mixture of thrilled, scared, little sad, scared....

Hope you two are minding yourself thumby and tigeress. x

Thumby so glad that everything is ok (well as ok as it can be with a horrible infection) and so glad your X was so good staying with you! How are you feeling now? Any better?
    2 more sleeps Rach!! Hope you're ready :)

I@m still in bits, but thankfully the pain isn't physically lifting me off what ever it is i'm lying on anymore.I'm gonna give the meds till tomorrow night before i go back up, if i'm still in the same amount of pain on thursday i'll head back up to get checked out again (while stopping off at smyths and argos to do the santy shopping first).
    Up until this week i would have said that there's nothing worse than being stuck in the hospital, i'm rephrasing that to there's nothing worse than being stuck in there this close to xmas and i refuse to be admitted over the christmas, so long as i don't have another bit of a bloodys how or any type of bleeding i'd say i'll be grand. My placenta hasn't moved enough yet its still low lying so i have to keep an eye on bleeds etc.
    What have the docs told you? or have they said anything much at all yet?
    I have to admit i never heard of thrush making a pregnant woman bleed before. How long exactly do you have left hun?

Princessa wrote: »
    How many weeks are you now tigeress? You poor thing those bleeds are so scary.

I had my 38 week apt today, im 2cm dialated, had my bloody show and booked in for an induction thursday morning at 8.30 am. The end is near. Im a mixture of thrilled, scared, little sad, scared....

Hope you two are minding yourself thumby and tigeress. x

Aww princessa that's great news, although i'm surprised they said they still need to induce you if you're dialiating and have had a fully bloody show. But hey at least you know thrusday is d-day and have a definate date, no more hanging around. You'll be fine though hun, just spend tomorrow pampering yourself and having fun (while not overdoing anything) with your little one and then a nice relaxed evening with himself. :D

On my first i had a failure to progress naturally Thumby. I was 1cm dialated on the sunday when i went out to the hospital so i discharged myself, 3cm on the tuesday in the clinic (they kept me overnight) and 4cm on the wed morning so they had to ARM me and put me on the syntocin. She was born then wed evening.

They thinking this might be the same as ive been having these pains since sunday, so if i can progress myself tonight and tomorrow i am for induction Thurs morning. Im thrilled, dont need the prostin gel i am already suitable to have my membranes broken. Just waiting and seeing now is all.

Sitting on my ball bouncing as i type and waiting for the water for a nice soak.

Hope you relaxing too, the end is close for you too. Not too close hopefully but you will get there. x

Ah hell hun that sucks no wonder they are inducing you. Although hopefully the bath and ball will help. Thankfully your cervix is favourable for ARM mine wasn't on my last and they had to pull mine down, they didn't have time to see if the gel/suppositories would work.
    The end for me is by all accounts close for me. Medical opinions are 36 weeks 37 at a push be it because of a section or i'll go naturally. Neither myself nor my x can see me making it beyond 35 weeks tbh. So long as babs is ok thats all that matters though.
    No last min unpacking and repacking for you princessa i hope ya have everything sorted. I'd say your lo is fierce excited to know babs will be here in time for xmas :-D

Wow Princessa that's amazing news! How exciting to know you'll have baby for Xmas! Make sure you rest tomorrow for the big event on Thurs! You too Rach!

Awe Thumby sorry to hear the pains are still bad :( just take it easy & hopefully your little man/lady will stay in there another few weeks! That's crazy that they've told you that it's only 85%! I hope ya have some girls names just encase :p

Well I wasn't in too long which was good.. I lost some of my mucus plug and because I have bad thrush they gave me the vaginal tablet last week and apparently that can cause bleeding of the wall because everything is so sensitive at the mo.. That's the only theory they have! My cervix is tightly closed and he's no where near engaged! I've to go back into the clinic tomorrow an maybe my Doc there will shed some light! I'll keep ya posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Girls, some of you are really having a rough time as you near the end. Thumby and tigeress, hope you're doing ok. Princessa, yippee!! Will be dying to hear your news. Rach, You will have to start talking that baby down! Fingers crossed for you all.

I hate not being able to sleep :( just getting the practice is I suppose!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Due to a lot of snoreing I got to sleep late and am awake now too :( I dream of sleep . Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Since the beginning I had bad sleeping pattern and now iv rubbed it off on my poor hubby! So we're both awake hours listening to the stormy weather! It got fairly bad at times and the neighbours gate is banging all night of course there not there to stop it.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Due to a lot of snoreing I got to sleep late and am awake now too :( I dream of sleep . Lol

It's a mix of snoring, being uncomfortable and sore & a 1 year old teething... 16 days left though!
    Any signs of movement Moonbeam? How early were you on your other 2?

Hi ladies. Have you tried sleeping almost sitting up? My oh propped my up with a million pillows and its helps a lot. It's not perfect (I tend to wake up a bit stiff cos I'm not moving during the night much that way) but I've gotten a bit more sleep than I was lying down.

Sorry to hear you're all so tired ladies - I really hope you all get a chance to rest up today. I am also knackered, not because I'm heavily pregnant though! Husband went out on the rip last night so I didn't sleep properly until he got home at about 3am, then he wanted to tell me all about his night. I heard him get up at about 6am to puke - I have no sympathy, it'll be good for him to experience what the last 2 months have been like for me, just one long hangover that never goes away!

Can't believe there will be two inductions on Thursday! I'm away for Christmas from the early hours of Saturday morning but I'll be making sure I find wi-fi to check in and see if there's any good news!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It's a mix of snoring, being uncomfortable and sore & a 1 year old teething... 16 days left though!
    Any signs of movement Moonbeam? How early were you on your other 2?

9 days and 3 days so fingers crossed!!
    Both of my babies have coughs and the little one is miserable but still happy.
    At this stage I really want it to happen in the next few days just not the 24th, 25th morning or afternoon and after that what ever happens happens.
    I want christmas morning with my 2 girls.

Hey ladies, thanks for all the lovely comments. Pains are currently coming every 6 or so mins apart but i am managing them at home so im trying to delay as long as possible going into the hospital. 38 + 1 today. Will post up once the baby arrives, hopefully today and i wont need the induction at all tomorrow.

Hey ladies, thanks for all the lovely comments. Pains are currently coming every 6 or so mins apart but i am managing them at home so im trying to delay as long as possible going into the hospital. 38 + 1 today. Will post up once the baby arrives, hopefully today and i wont need the induction at all tomorrow.

That sounds brill Princessa :D very exciting knowing baby is on the way! Can't wait to hear! Best of luck xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

It's so exciting!!!!!! Fingers crossed it happens for you today....god I am actually all butterflies with excitement for you! Following you girls here is making it dawn on me that this baby is actually real and will be here in several weeks!!!!!!!!!!! Yipppeeeeeeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

sounds good princessa....sounds like baby is well on her way here!!

I woke up a little before 9 this morning with crampy pains....had my show. Been having pains every 4-5 minutes the last hour. I'm guessing this is early labour. Called the maternity and said to keep an eye on his movements cause hes not moving too much. Fingers crossed the pains keep up!

• Advertisement

Rachineire wrote: »
    sounds good princessa....sounds like baby is well on her way here!!

I woke up a little before 9 this morning with crampy pains....had my show. Been having pains every 4-5 minutes the last hour. I'm guessing this is early labour. Called the maternity and said to keep an eye on his movements cause hes not moving too much. Fingers crossed the pains keep up!

AH!!! I'm really excited here :):D How long can early labour last? I'm hazy as to when exactly you go in to the hospital etc (I'm presuming they teach that at antenatal classes)?

Advertisement