Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

xiwang- yeah i was wondering if it was something to do with getting up kinda fast, but it hung around for a while! there was about 30 minutes where I definitely couldnt sit down or really stand up....if I moved at all it got worse. but I'm normal this morning? gah! Well I'm glad your gp was able to answer your questions with your pelvic leg pain!! So I'm guessing baby's head is engaged? exciting stuff! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Xiwang i was able to do all the stuff you mention for most of the time i was in labour on my 3 others. Like you i've been told i've a very high pain threshold, they had to force me onto the labour ward to get pain relief the last time.
    But my bh's are honestly ten times worse than any labour i've ever gone through..

Just give them the heads up hun to be on the safe side. And if himself is home well maybe do a lil bit of baby dancing to speed the process up. Lol

Thumby wrote: »
    Just give them the heads up hun to be on the safe side. And if himself is home well maybe do a lil bit of baby dancing to speed the process up. Lol

haha he is at work but if im still here this evening I shall have him get on task! :P I'll ring them so and see what they say...I want to go early, he just needs to wait until like 12:30 tomorrow afternoon...gah!

Hehehe. Let us know what the hospital says hun and umm if ya don't mind me asking, why does babs have to wait till tomorrow lunchtime? Its a very specific arrival time lol

• Advertisement

Hehehe. Let us know what the hospital says hun and umm if ya don't mind me asking, why does babs have to wait till tomorrow lunchtime? Its a very specific arrival time lol

lol I need to get this freggin nct done!! :o:o

Just spoke to the midwife there, she said it can be common enough at 39 weeks to have an hour or so of proper contractions and for them to go away. She said if hes not moving at all or im having more to come in...the usual drink a cold drink, eat something sweet lie down kinda advice. Glad I called though- thanks for the advice! I feel so clueless sometimes!

You're not clueless at all ya mad spoon. I'd bet ya any amount of money if it was one of us in your situation right now you'd be telling us the same thing! It's so easy to forget everything we should know or know what to do when its actually happening to us and especially when we're home on our own. Hell i'll give ya a giggle. My waters broke on my first spontaneously, a month early, my parents were gone away for a few days and my partner was in collage in carlow. Obviously i rang him he left collage and went straight to the coombe. So in the meantime i rang is mum who was 5 months preggers herself and she came over to mine to stay with me until the ambulance arrived. Sorted so ya would think? Nooo. My waters broke at half ten in the morning, we were still sitting in my place at one in the afternoon. I'd forgotten to ring the ambulance!

haha thats pretty funny alright!! I'm like that when i get panicky, I start thinking ive done something and then come to realize I've only thought about doing something and not actually done it! so your oldest has an aunt/uncle that is their age? that happened to one of my cousins! Has an uncle he is older than! :D

I wasn't even panicky i was just annoyed. I'd been doing the nesting thing that morning and had spent about 3 hours scrubbing the bathroom. It was only newly tiled etc so it was already spotless, but i just had to do the bathroom, i was even on my hands and knees with a spare toothbrush to do the grouting. And of course the bathroom is exactly where my waters broke and it wasn't a trickle either. Niagra falls had nothing on me that morning! So i was annoyed and wanted to go clean the damn bathroom again which is why i forgot to ring the hospital/ambulance. My partner got there before i did lmao.
    Ah sure between myself, the x mil and x sil we had 7 between us in 8 years. It went sil,mil,sil,me,mil,me,sil.

haha I can imagine myself being like that as well...thinking agh I JUST cleaned this! Thats great that there are so many cousins the same age as one another! I say there was a lot of baby stuff being passed around between the three of you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Thanks Thumby that's interesting to know, there really is no golden rules with this is there? I'm almost thinking 'how easy will a second one be' if you know all the stuff and then it turns out it'll be completely different altogether!

Rach, hope baby complies and you can drive to hospital just after you got your NCT sorted :D

haha that would be brillant! I dont think I would be that lucky, but it would be awesome :D

Xiwang tbh i felt as if i was pregnant for the first time all over again with this one. I've had that many complications i've hardly known if i'm coming or going most of the time. Only thing i know for certain is to follow your gut (no pun intended) instincts. i said from the start i wouldn't be able to physically cope with the pregnancy and i was right.
    Our bodies know best and they'll us when/if something is going on/isn't right. We may not always know what it is but we'll always know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Typical.. Got a long lyin this morning and couldn't sleep a wink cause I'm too uncomfortable :( rolling over in bed has to be one of the hardest things to do lol!

Think I might just sit on my bum for the day :) hehe

Jaysus that would be dead handy for ya alright rach!
    Oh and you better be bouncing up and down on your birthing ball young lady!

Morning tig. Like ya said, its typical alright. Its saturday thats reason enough to sit on your behind for the day.:-D

Jaysus that would be dead handy for ya alright rach!
    Oh and you better be bouncing up and down on your birthing ball young lady!

yes'm!!

Just woke up from a nap on the couch...feel like a new person. amazing how well I can sleep during the day, but at night? nothing!

Same here lol. Unfortunately i missed my afternoon nap. My x brought me over to get my xmas tree. An hour and a half it took between traffic and q's in argos ffs. I'm wrecked now lol

Woo 4 weeks to go!! Fast forward button please?!

Ahhh tig i'm soooo jealous now :-( i was 29 on saturday lol.

• Advertisement

Ahhh tig i'm soooo jealous now :-( i was 29 on saturday lol.

Lol 11 isn't so bad hun! Almost there and sure you'll prob go early! How's the SPD? Any relief? Have you tried the tens?

It's awful cause I'm wishing my life along at the mo just so I can be pain free! Back in the hospital on Wed and they will not know what hit them with tears and begging to be brought in early! I know they'll say no but it's worth a shot!

Rach any movement yet? 5 day countdown :)

Not much happening here...lots of pressure and BH....or early labour? Just at night mostly...two nights no sleep! Baby was moving like mad with each pain last night as well...equally reassuring and annoying! Had to go to gp this morning...said head was high up enough still but did an internal and said my cervix was soft and I was effaced and she could feel his head! Said she thinks it will be within the week! Gives me a light at the end of the tunnel. Now if only I could get some damn sleep. Waiting in nct center now...fingers and toes crossed. Everything should be 100% by now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Rachineire wrote: »
    Not much happening here...lots of pressure and BH....or early labour? Just at night mostly...two nights no sleep! Baby was moving like mad with each pain last night as well...equally reassuring and annoying! Had to go to gp this morning...said head was high up enough still but did an internal and said my cervix was soft and I was effaced and she could feel his head! Said she thinks it will be within the week! Gives me a light at the end of the tunnel. Now if only I could get some damn sleep. Waiting in nct center now...fingers and toes crossed. Everything should be 100% by now!

Within the week? That would be amazing!! I told you I had a feeling you would go early :D

My friend's sister had a baby over the weekend, 8 weeks early. Was a huge shock to everyone. Baby and mum are doing ok though. Crazy to think you can get a surprise like that though, isn't it?

Nope tig no relief at all. It's driving me barmy. I haven't got a tens and tbh can't afford one this side of xmas. It's my mams bday tomorrow and my mates on the 19th then throw in xmas on top of that for all the kids plus immediate family and that's me broke lol.
    I'm in the hospital on friday so they might be able to do something for me. Unfortunately i know i'll be in bits today though as my eldest forgot his pe gear and its a mile and a half each way to the school. I have to walk it as i've no car today :-( at least i'll have the buggy to lean on lol.
    Rach the hospital might very well give you a sweep seeing as you're effaced and soft.

Tig i'm gonna annoy the bejaysus outta the hospital and push for a section for 37 weeks. I know they won't give it and i really don't want one but i'm hoping they'll offer me an induction for 37 weeks as a compromise:-D which is what i actually want but if i ask for that they'll say no out right. I'm hoping they'll get the impression i'll "settle" for the inducement.
    It's not something i'd normally do but i knew from the start i wouldn't be able to physically cope with this pregnancy, despite only being 31 and in good health and having done this a few times before lol. I just don't see any other alternative. I don't want to put my body through weeks of unnecessary pain and then be too sore/exhausted to look after the little man once he's here.

Rach that's amazing news! Here's hoping the hospital can give you a sweep and help things along! A bit of advise on the sweep (as its uncomfortable) honestly try to relax and it's so much easier! Sounds like things are moving :) exciting!

Thumby that's a great plan! You know what my Doc is like and she's quite stubborn so I'm gonna be the same and pushing her and being adamant! I know she's hopeful of a VBAC but unless I go early this one will be bigger than his brother! I just can't see how I can have a 10lb baby and then an 7/8lb baby.. That's what she seems to think! At 37 weeks baby is full term anyways :) I know the longer he's in there the better but at the same time it's so much more pain and un nessesary to be too wrecked to look after them after the birth!

Murdy hope your friend and baby is ok! Wow 8 weeks early is a lot!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Within the week? That would be amazing!! I told you I had a feeling you would go early :D

My friend's sister had a baby over the weekend, 8 weeks early. Was a huge shock to everyone. Baby and mum are doing ok though. Crazy to think you can get a surprise like that though, isn't it?

When I was pregnant with my 1st an old friend was also pregnant and due christmas day her baby was 4 in Sept,it scared the life out f me at the time though.
    As much and all as pregnancy sucks I would rather go full term:)
    I hope the baby is well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Moonbeam wrote: »
    When I was pregnant with my 1st an old friend was also pregnant and due christmas day her baby was 4 in Sept,it scared the life out f me at the time though.
    As much and all as pregnancy sucks I would rather go full term:)
    I hope the baby is well.

Yeah, I got a bit of a fright with it too, tbh. I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. I would much rather go full term as well than have my baby in the ICU, It must be very hard to see :( Baby seems to be fine, they're saying it may be home in time for Christmas. It's funny, you never think that'll happen to people, you just set a lot of store by their due dates.

A girl at work brought her baby in to meet us all today. She's 7 weeks old. Got a bit of a fright with that as well because I realised i don't know much about babies. I was so awkward holding her. Everyone says you just pick it up but it's got me thinking about life after the baby is born and things.

Thanks ladies! Had a partial sweep this morning (well thats what the gp said) I found it not comfortable but not painful either...not anymore pain that what he was causing me anyways! Really hoping that gets him in gear....will be having spicey food tonight. on the ball. while drinking raspberry tea. overkill? no.

Murdy thats crazy about your friend!! I would hate to have a baby at 32 weeks...scarey stuff! (although you can be pretty uncomfortable by 32 weeks depending!) but at least you know by that stage the baby will more than likely thrive, just need some extra TLC. Don't worry about being scared of babies...i have no clue what to do either..I figure I'm not the first and i won't be the last! It might even be better that way because then whatever you figure out is custom for what suits your baby best and not based on previous experience! (this is what i say to myself!!)

• Advertisement

Hopefully that'll get him moving Rach! I'm shocked your GP could do the sweep! I didn't know they'd do that lol!

Don't worry about when baby is born :) I was terrified but honestly you learn so quick that it becomes second nature :) and then you'll be telling friends and family that they're holding your baby wrong and that's not how he/she likes it lol! It's an amazing experience and it goes past all too quickly! I still can't believe my baby boy is gonna be 1 in just over 2 weeks! They say the 1st few weeks are The hardest with no sleep and all the crying etc but I think once they get mobile it's tougher but a lot more fun :)

Advertisement