Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Hey ladies - does anyone know if baby stuff/maternity wear generally goes on sale in the January sales? I was thinking of doing a bit of shopping then (particularly for maternity clothes which I'll more than likely need to start wearing after xmas) but then I was thinking I bet baby supplies don't go on sale because they're not seasonal - people need them no matter what. I'm sure I've seen maternity clothes in the sales though. Hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Hey ladies - does anyone know if baby stuff/maternity wear generally goes on sale in the January sales? I was thinking of doing a bit of shopping then (particularly for maternity clothes which I'll more than likely need to start wearing after xmas) but then I was thinking I bet baby supplies don't go on sale because they're not seasonal - people need them no matter what. I'm sure I've seen maternity clothes in the sales though. Hmm...

Mother care do fantastic sales every few weeks so keep an eye on them! Debenhams usually do a Jan sale and they can be pretty good & ya can buy the stuff online too so you don't need to go instore! I bought most of my stuff in H&M and its lasted through both my pregnancies! Their stuff is a little pricey but it washes really well and it lasts :) Newbridge have a good selection!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

There were plenty of summer sales of baby and maternity stuff so I imagine there will be winter sales too. Not sure about items other than clothes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thanks ladies - hopefully I'll be able to get some stuff on sale. I'm reluctant to buy much because you wear it for such a short time but I will need some bits and pieces. If any of the baby stuff is on sale I'll pick up a few things too, even though I'm not too keen on buying a lot of stuff in advance.

Oh the agony :( my back is in bits! Any tips on how to ease the pains? Trying hot water bottles and paracetemol.. Phoned the Physio today as my Doc wants me to go and have me a referral and I got an appoint for Wed next week, quite suprised it was so quick!
    How's all the ladies in waiting doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

How about some baths Tigeress?

Is anyone planning on having any music playing during labour or am I living in la la land??!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Thanks ladies - hopefully I'll be able to get some stuff on sale. I'm reluctant to buy much because you wear it for such a short time but I will need some bits and pieces. If any of the baby stuff is on sale I'll pick up a few things too, even though I'm not too keen on buying a lot of stuff in advance.

Best thing I bought?? Over the bump leggings from H&M...I have used them since around 22 weeks and they still fit perfect now (and honestly are the most comfortable item i own right now) and I just picked up a few high waisted, kinda flowy casual dresses here and there from pennys or tescos that I can wear with the bump and put a cardigan on...been able to make several outfits out of 2 and three pieces and they all still fit when I am 37 weeks along and will work for me after I have baby too!

Tigeress wrote: »
    Oh the agony :( my back is in bits! Any tips on how to ease the pains? Trying hot water bottles and paracetemol.. Phoned the Physio today as my Doc wants me to go and have me a referral and I got an appoint for Wed next week, quite suprised it was so quick!
    How's all the ladies in waiting doing?

Oh I feel your pain! I've had so much back trouble... hot water bottle, paracetemol baths all do the trick...also i would get my OH to try and rub the knots out of my back...what the physio might be doing with you. She would find the most sore spot on my and then put pressure on it until the pain eased off...it hurts so bad but afterwards the relief is unreal! Best of luck!

For some reason I can only see posts from 5 days ago :( stupid iPhone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

For some reason I can only see posts from 5 days ago :( stupid iPhone!

Same happened me yest..... Ok now though :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

yellow hen wrote: »

Same happened me yest..... Ok now though :confused:

Me too!

Woo I'm back! Weird that it happened but at least it's not just me!
    Rach I def agree with the H&M leggings! Best €10 spent!
    Thanks Funky, I really want a bath but I'm afraid I won't be able to get back out with the pain! Also my little fella's room is right next door to the main bathroom so he might wake.. I'm def gonna try one tomorrow though, I've been crying my eyes out all day I'm in such agony! I jut can't see how I'm gonna cope for 6 weeks like this! It's all on my left side too.. The pains are shooting down my leg aswell :( went to the GP who just said paracetemol and rest.. Ya can't rest with and 11 month old!

Worst night ever :( my back is just in agony like I've never felt before! The pain is now searing around through my hips, my left leg and right around my bump :( if it wasn't constant without any breaks if wonder if it was labour! I'm debating phoning the hospital.. I know he's ok cause he's wiggling about but weirdly I'm afraid of being kept in the hospital cause of the pains.. I can't stay as I've no one to watch my other fella tomorrow and if I can't get comfy on a king size memory foam bed a hospital bed def won't work..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Tigeress would physio help you at all at this stage? I know my back was in tatters by the end of my last pregnancy but pre natal massage did give me some relief.

Tigeress would physio help you at all at this stage? I know my back was in tatters by the end of my last pregnancy but pre natal massage did give me some relief.

I have an appointment booked for Wed.. I'm gonna phone them tomorrow and see if I can maybe get in tomorrow.. I'd do by thing for relief! I phoned the maternity ward and they said there isn't a lot they can do, if its severe (which it is) the Doc might give me stronger pain killers but its risky so I dot want that.. I'll just have to try get through the next 6 weeks with it :(

You poor thing :( Def ring the physio tomorrow and explain your situation. In the last 10 weeks of my last pregnancy I was having 30 min pre natal deep tissue massage every week. It was my only relief from constant back pain.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

you poor thing.
    I went for to the physio in our gp's surgery,I had to pay 40 euro but it as well worth it.
    Hopefully you get an appointment quickly or get signed off work.

You poor thing :( Def ring the physio tomorrow and explain your situation. In the last 10 weeks of my last pregnancy I was having 30 min pre natal deep tissue massage every week. It was my only relief from constant back pain.

Did you pay for this? My Appoint is free an if I have to I'll book in for massages to ease it.. Just wondering of the HSE physio's will do this?

Thanks Moonbeam, I got signed off work a week ago now but sure there's so much to be done still that I haven't rested as I should have been.. I think my back is as bad as it is because I suffered through work and stupidly kept doing lifting and not sitting enough because they wouldn't let me sit..

My OH has been amazing today, he completely took over our little man and the general tidying so I could just sit on my bum for the day and that's what I pretty much did! Gonna get another hot water bottle now and relax for the eve as the little fella is asleep now!

Tigeress yes I had to pay for it. It was €35 per session but I have health insurance so I submitted all my receipts at the end of the year and got a lot back. I suppose I was lucky that I could afford to pay.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Is stronger pain relief really that risky at such a late stage in the pregnancy? I was given co-codamol in my last week to help me sleep through early labour. (Though it ended up being no help as the night I took it my labour pains increased significantly.)

• Advertisement

Did you pay for this? My Appoint is free an if I have to I'll book in for massages to ease it.. Just wondering of the HSE physio's will do this?

Thanks Moonbeam, I got signed off work a week ago now but sure there's so much to be done still that I haven't rested as I should have been.. I think my back is as bad as it is because I suffered through work and stupidly kept doing lifting and not sitting enough because they wouldn't let me sit..

My OH has been amazing today, he completely took over our little man and the general tidying so I could just sit on my bum for the day and that's what I pretty much did! Gonna get another hot water bottle now and relax for the eve as the little fella is asleep now!

aww i feel so bad for you- i understand what its like to have that back pain and no relief...feels like you can't do a thing! I'm glad your OH was able to help you so you could relax! Fingers crossed they can do something for you at the physio or the maternity!

iguana wrote: »
    Is stronger pain relief really that risky at such a late stage in the pregnancy? I was given co-codamol in my last week to help me sleep through early labour. (Though it ended up being no help as the night I took it my labour pains increased significantly.)

So they've said.. I guess they only allow it under extreme circumstances?! If it continues the way it is I'm gonna have to get something other than paracetemol :( I can't sleep with the pain, I can't sit, I can't stand.. Nothing is working! Doesn't help that from Mon to Fri I have my 11 month old that weighs 11kg! I phoned the Physio this morning and they're gonna let me know if they have any last min cancellations today! Otherwise I have to wait to Wed!

Does anyone else suffer from blood problems? I have a family history and I bleed very badly so I had to go to James for a lot of blood tests and they said they'd call me with results so I would t need to go back up but then they've called me and I've to go in and meet the head doctor tomorrow & he wants to discuss a birth plan with me! Eek!! I'm a little worried.. My Dad is gonna drive me in thankfully, wouldn't be able to go otherwise!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Your 11 month old is heavier then my 22 month old;) I put her in to 18-24 month clothes last week just to pack away the 12-18 month ones but some are huge on her:)
    Good Luck in Jameses today,hope the appointment goes well and it is better have everything planned then something going wrong.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Your 11 month old is heavier then my 22 month old;) I put her in to 18-24 month clothes last week just to pack away the 12-18 month ones but some are huge on her:)
    Good Luck in Jameses today,hope the appointment goes well and it is better have everything planned then something going wrong.

Oh really lol?! He's a big boy! We measured him last night & he's 2foot 6inches an already in 12-18 month clothes! I hope his growing slows down soon, I feel like we're forever buying him clothes..

My appoint is tomorrow afternoon :) I hope it goes well! I dunno what he'll suggest but it's really up to my Doc in the clinic rather than him..

I think she is 2ft 9, the 3 year old is 3ft 8 but only took a huge growth spurt a few months ago.
    This is the weirdest pregnancy,in one ways it feels like I have been pregnant always and it is no different in another way it is the quickst pregnancy ever.
    We had a lovely night away for our 1st wedding anniversary and my few very busy weekends are over:) next weekend we can relax then it is is in to the christmassy stuff weekends:)
    I can not wait to do christmas stuff with my girls:)
    In the evenings bump feels huge and heavy and like I will burst,bump is still not huge but baby is taking up every bit of it!!
    I am wondering now if it is a boy or girl:)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

hi all.. hope everyone is doing well.. av my next scan 2moro 29 wks cannot believe it.. cannot wait to see baba jumping around the plc.. roll on feb :)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I think she is 2ft 9, the 3 year old is 3ft 8 but only took a huge growth spurt a few months ago.
    This is the weirdest pregnancy,in one ways it feels like I have been pregnant always and it is no different in another way it is the quickst pregnancy ever.
    We had a lovely night away for our 1st wedding anniversary and my few very busy weekends are over:) next weekend we can relax then it is is in to the christmassy stuff weekends:)
    I can not wait to do christmas stuff with my girls:)
    In the evenings bump feels huge and heavy and like I will burst,bump is still not huge but baby is taking up every bit of it!!
    I am wondering now if it is a boy or girl:)

Congrats on your 1st anniversary :) I know what ya mean about quick pregnancy! This one has flown by so far! I'm getting all freaked out that its so close now! But I'm also wishing it along so I'm not pregnant anymore.. Because they're so close together it feels like I've been pregnant forever! So exciting to find out what you're having :) not too long left for ya! Do you have an idea yourself? Are ya sorted with names and bags packed?
    I got the baby's washing started this evening so I'm pretty happy with that! I'll hang them out tonight to dry and iron in a day or 2 when they're all dry!
    Are your girls excited to meet the new baby? I'm also very excited for Xmas :) my little boy will be 1 on the 27th aswell so it's all very exciting!

missymad wrote: »
    hi all.. hope everyone is doing well.. av my next scan 2moro 29 wks cannot believe it.. cannot wait to see baba jumping around the plc.. roll on feb :)

Best of luck with your scan tomorrow :) drink a cold an of coke or any fizzy drink about a half an hour or so before hand and he/she should give you a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Really didnt know that, will def do that so..looking forward to it, this pregnancy is flying compared to my last one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Best of luck with your scan tomorrow :) drink a cold an of coke or any fizzy drink about a half an hour or so before hand and he/she should give you a good show

Never heard that before! I have my next scan in the middle of my GTT test so bulbs should be all hyped up on lucozade!!

Advertisement